fring doesnt work on the w960. It used to work on it, but after I updated my phone and install fring again, it just says "installion file is corrupt". I tried many times and it still ended up the same thing.
hi every.this phone s damn xpensive here in kenya going 4 around 700-800 dollars.m thnkin of buyin it from tha available online sites which happen 2b much cheaper bt dont knw whether il b requird to pay any additional money in form of tax afta importation.plz sam1 help mi
Its not perfect software yet, but business card
scanner work wonderful! always need to close application by task manager, worse things is cant play well on real player stream, I feel N95 is better processor and graphic, only price bit higgher in singapore
KC, 20 Aug 2008Hi Revenant, If i'm not mistaken, W960i is not equipped with Adobe Flash Lite 3 which can be ... moreYou're right that the phone doesn't support Flash, but unless I'm mistaken, most java phones work with youtube, so perhaps their mobile site streams videos in a java window? Not sure about that one. Let me look into it and get back to you...
grandma, 21 Aug 2008I'm just curious, is there a better SE W phone than this one ?probabaly a w980, but it is a flip phone w/o a touch screen.
DYORD - Philippines, 19 Aug 2008Using the video mode of the camera, i can't make the night mode working. It would work for 1 ... more"Using the video mode of the camera, i can't make the night mode working. It would work for 1 single frame (video frame), then it will go back to a normal mode.
Is there a way to use it in night mode all the way?"
can anyone enlighten me?
Revenant, 19 Aug 2008Most hotspots shouls already have all the enccesasry ports open to do just about anything, wit... moreHi Revenant,
If i'm not mistaken, W960i is not equipped with Adobe Flash Lite 3 which can be found from Nokia. I think this is the main reason we can't watch online movie even though the movie player keep buffering for a long time. I'm really curious of how u manage to watch movie via wifi then? My router already set to public accessible. Does it mean i still need to do adjustment for the ports? Pls advise! Thanks in advance.
this is to Revenant can u tell me why when i try and watch a video clip or movie it lags for some reason and it doesn't play proper do i need to install a video player of some sort on the phone and if so can u tell me wat site i can go on to download it?
Hey everyone, I'm planning on buying this phone but I'm not sure on how much I should pay for it. I found a store where I can get it at 350 euros. If you were me. would you buy it or is not worth it? I've just been hearing a lot of problems with the phone crashing and the malfunction of the screen, but I don't know if that's true. Hope someone say something.
DYORD - Philippines, 19 Aug 2008Please help me on these:
1. Rear speaker (main speaker) sometimes won't work.. but just p... moreThe speaker problem is almost definately loose wiring. With regards to the speed of the phone, make sure you have no applications running in the background. You can check this with the task manager. The camera shutter, I'm honestly not sure about. Could be a software issue though. Perhaps a silly question, but is the phone on silent mode when the shutter doesn't sound? The battery issue could be caused by a number of things. If you've got apps running in background that would reduce battery life. It could also be a defective battery, or possibly a virus. There's a virus going around just now called "HatiHati.A" and one of the symptoms is drastically reduced battery life. It's also causing them to overheat. Of course it's possible that all of these issues are being caused by a sfotware fault so got to SE's website and download the Update Service from the following address
Please help me on these:
1. Rear speaker (main speaker) sometimes won't work.. but just pushing mesh (speaker mesh)... it would work again. Is there any loose wiring inside it?
2. The fone is really slow. It would take 3-4 seconds to react on 1 single task. Take note, that's only reacting.. making it done, would again take another 3-4 seconds.
3. Camera's shutter sound sometimes doesn't work. Even if it's turned on.
4. When plugged to USB, it would charge... ( I thought). After achieving 100% charged, i would detach it to the USB, then the charge would drastically decreasing until it reached the original charge before i attach it to the USB.
please help! THANKS!
Using the video mode of the camera, i can't make the night mode working. It would work for 1 single frame (video frame), then it will go back to a normal mode.
Is there a way to use it in night mode all the way?
Flick, 19 Aug 2008so this only applies to my modem at home? Does this involve any high risk of security issues?... moreMost hotspots shouls already have all the enccesasry ports open to do just about anything, with the exception of online gaming so you should be okay for watching youtube via hotspots. If you can't, then it means that the router or modem providing the hotspots needs to have its ports opened, which you obviously won't be able to do. And as for security risks, as long as you don't play around with any ports you're unsure of, you should be fine. Basically, follow the online guides and there won't be an issue. Good luck, hope you get it sorted...
Revenant, 19 Aug 2008Do a google search for the make and model of your modem, followed by "port forwarding"so this only applies to my modem at home? Does this involve any high risk of security issues? What about outside of my house if am using a hotspot does this mean i wont b able to view youtube videos still? thanks in advance
Flick, 19 Aug 2008how do u open ur ports? Do a google search for the make and model of your modem, followed by "port forwarding"