My Arc S is about a week old, and now I can tell some goods and bads in my opinion.
1. Lack of touch sensitive Back/Home/Menu buttons. I used to use HTC Wildfire and it has those touch sensitive buttons with a optical sensor, which are very comfortable to use. It's kind of annoying to press a hard "back" button with a touch screen like this. Also, this sort of buttons may not be longer lasting.
2. No front facing camera. This is the only thing "missing" in this phone set. Otherwise, it'd have a complete set of options that a modern phone posses now a days.
3. Battery backup and heat generation. Though this backup time is normal for a smartphone, but I think this could be improved with a better background task manager.
4. Chrome finish. Chrome looks beautiful, but they r very scratch prone and may peel off. I think designers could use alternative materials to avoid this.
5. Packaging materials. Poor packaging style and materials in compare to HTC and iPhone.
1. Awesome look (I bought and love the white one). Dark black display in contrast with white body, a very few phone set looks this much beautiful. I love to stare on it.
2. Price. I think you can't get any set better than this, in this price range. I'm very very happy with it, and very satisfied. Worth buying it. Way far better than iPhone 3GS.
3. Camera. Picture quality is awesome. Also, it has face and smile detection system just like a digital camera, and works smoothly and flawlessly.
4. Sound. I've two iPods, and never thought any other mp3 player can have better sound quality than these. I've installed JetAudio (paid app) in my Arc S, and astonished to hear the sound. So nice.... I think credit goes for "Jet Audio" app here. I tried other audio player apps, and found not impressive sound.
5. Live wallpaper. Live wallpapers run smoothly. I've installed koi fish live wallpaper (free), which is awesome.
6. Android Ice-cream Sandwich support. Runs very smooth, but u've to perform a factory reset after update to ICS. Otherwise it may run laggy. If you still using Ginger bread, I think you're wasting your time, just update and enjoy.
shazan, 16 Jul 2012Is there anyone who can tell me the price of arcS in Bangladesh???BDT 24,800/-
I am planning to buy first smart phone..short listed --> Xperia P & Xperia Arc S. Please sugest which one to buy...
jhunry, 16 Jul 2012This is no front camera right?,can i do video calling for skype ang yahoo messenger?,i am int... moredont go for it if u want to d ovideo calling..with skype or anything...it will be a real mess bec it doesnt have secondry camera...go for xperia S instead..though it doesnt have that yltrastylish look of xperia Arc s but it makes sense for video calling and other buiseness purpose and has much advanced features
mikaela, 17 Jul 2012guys help, when i try to update my SE arc S via software update, it says "ur phone is up ... moreCheck your SI Number if there is already available update for you:
SI Number can be seen in your phone's sticker after removing battery.
[deleted post]Update to ICS via SUS: Download here and install in your PC:
guys help, when i try to update my SE arc S via software update, it says "ur phone is up to date!" what to do?
markjil, 16 Jul 2012sir my arcS already rooted thank you for help. now question is, it is still possible to updat... moreyes you can still update through PC Companion or SUS however you may need to re-root again after update.
i updated to ice cream sandwich a month ago. i got no problems.very sexy beautiful phone.i request sony to continue this model.
This is no front camera right?,can i do video calling for skype ang yahoo messenger?,i am interested to by this Xperia ArcS,but i want to use for video calling,pls. give me any idea.than'x.
hey i m planning to Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC S LT18i Mobile it is a worth buying this product.....by reading comments about this phone ....i m confused....pls suggest
unchained_c7, 14 Jul 2012Try using supersu instead of super user here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/de... moresir my arcS already rooted thank you for help.
now question is, it is still possible to update my phone through Sony PC Companion if there are any new updates?
just confused sir, thank you again..
it's so beautiful,very thin and very light and handy too. similar specifications but arc-s is so different. beauty rules.
Ivan , 25 Jun 2012Hello.My Xperia Arc S has a problem with the screen... It doesen't stop blinking everything is... moreSome applications like "Droid call blocker" can do this to your phone. Lights keep on and off automatically for no reason, an intermittent problem. What you need to do, is to uninstall app one by one, and figure out which app is the culprit.
mike, 15 Jul 2012NOTE : To get rid of ics lag, use sus (sony update service) and repair the phone. Turns lag freeNo need to use SUS if you perform a master reset after updating.