Just got this fone yesterday and I am impressed. Large screen, nice screen detail, fast, great camera, just got my money's worth :-) but will not upgrade to ics. Never again, already learmed my lesson. Ics sucks:-P
Now I have used this handset for more than 6 months, I have something to share:
> The handset looks very pretty
> Bravia Engine and xLoud are really awesome features
> Camera is too good, gives awesome quality crisp n clear pics
> And all other pros people already know
> Handset is very slow
> Handset heats up like anything for below reasons:
* Use 3G data for some time
* Playing games like famous Temple Run even for 10-15 mins
* Especially found this after upgrading to ICS
> Internal Memory given for handset not adequate at all:
* 1 GB internal but only 320 MB usable
* Also only 512 MB of RAM
* Play some game or open apps like Facebook, browse etc.
* When we go back to Home screen, icons take too long to load
* Never felt I am using a 1.4 GHz procesor handset
* I guess this low memory is culprit for heating and slow handset. Usable internal memory and RAM for this handset should have been at least 1GB to cope up with 1.4GHz processor needs.
Now I think I should have gone for Samsung Galaxy S2
For all those are who are confused to upgrade or not to ICS. Go ahead!! update ur fone its awsome. But u have a clean installation not upgrade. My phone got very laggy and slow when I upgraded to ICS but than I repair the phone from Sony PC companion. After that all problems are gone for good :)
hi i got my xperia arc s (LT18a) yesterday....does this phone work in india???help me....
nikhilb001, 29 Jun 2012hii samsung galaxy s2 or sony arc s which one is better please share ur experienceArc s is sexier than galaxy s2.....bt ir u look at the performance,,,,,, galaxy s2 is clearly better than arc s... Even it is better than xperia s...
markjil, 28 Jun 2012how to rooted my Arc S?pls tnkyu..@markjil? are you still in gingerbread? if yes follow this thread since it include rooting method, partitioning of micro sd and installing of link2sd.
If you are in ICS 4.0.4 already same method of partitioning and installing of link2sd but different rooting method:
Hi! I'm using this phone model... but suddenly i cannot receive any text message right now. Can you help me about this, or something should i change the settings?
my phone do the thing with me the dosen't last for half day ...that i have to keep my chargrer with me every where..any one have a solution?
HELLO freinds i saw that many of Xperia arc s and neo users are facing the battery draining and lag prob. in their handsets , lemme tell you after upgrading your fone to 4.0 it may lag in the beginning , but within a day your fone will become smooth and fast and now about the lack of battery it can also be solved you must know these things
1. dont use 3rd party app killer frequently
2. dont switch off your phone frequently coz booting eats battery
3. if you wanna remove battery please dont remove it directly there you need to switch off ur fone
1. let your phone's battery at 0% till it gets switched off .(remember before ur fone gets switched off switch off the wifi,bluetooth and data mobile off and also keep your fones brightness nil and switch off all the apps )
2.WITHOuT turning on your phone connect your charger to it and keep it charging on standby (please dont switch on your phone)
3. let the battery becomes full ,when it gets full remove charger and switch on your phone
4. now use the phone by keeping it on stand by (dont use your phone for playing games music etc.)YOU HAVE TO USE IT ONLY ONCE TILL IT GETS O% BATTERY
5. now you will notice a uge change in you r battery backup
for any problem reply on my post or contact me on my email- firstname.lastname@example.org
please keep posting your problms on this site I read all xperia phones problems and I reply to it asap
You can also post reviews and problem on our site :_
hii samsung galaxy s2 or sony arc s which one is better please share ur experience
tell mw smasunng s2 or sony arc s which one is better tell ur eperience share vit me
I saw many users are facing BATTERY draining and lagging prob after upgrading it to ics . Lemme tell you that after upgrade your phone the phone may lag in the begining ,but the problem will remain only for aday
hi guys...do you found any problem after upgrading your arc s to ics?? coz i heard that the phone becomes lagging.
Just got the phone... the phone is absolutely awesome with the bravia engine and everything. but the only problem is the battery life....
and also can anyone tell me if I should upgrade it to ICS....does upgrading to ICS cause any problems?