Buyer12, 09 Jan 2012In case you are looking to play HD games whilst taking into consideration the price, then the ... morethanks man! this helps very much...i'd go for mini since i believe this will last longer than pro (due to the lack of slide keyboard) :D
[deleted post]Better go with Xperia Mini. HTC Wildfire S can't compare. I have own the Mini for over 2 months now. So far, it has surpassed my expectations and it's reviews.
hi frnds.. im going to buy my new xperia mini. but i gone through reviews & most of it is saying that it has OVERHEATING& VIBRATION& CAPACITIVE BUTTON PROBLEM. how to overcome this problem. bcoz i dont want to leave my mini monster in service centre. I NEED QUICK REPLY PLSS...
Good news! Google search app's latest update, searches contacts also, in addition to applications (Or was it there already? I haven't seen it before) so now this can be used as a fast contact search from home screen. Perhaps these tips may be of some help to some fresh users:
1. Long pressing the menu key from home screen starts the search application. Tap any key to start searching the web or apps and contacts in the phone.
2. Search is possible in dictionary mode also making it faster. Contacts name may appear in word suggestions
3. 3. Dictionary mode starts only after the first input. So just tap the space key once and then start typing.
4. It remembers the last input mode, dictionary or normal
AnonD-37620, 11 Jan 2012Hello folks.. I'm from India and planning to buy my first android phone.. My budget is around ... moreI have been using the mini for almost 4 months now. And I have not got any restarting problem, or overheating problem whatsoever (I have been using the stock firmware that came with the phone. No update done by me).
Most of my previous posts already highlights the queries that you have listed, nonetheless I am happy to restate them:
1)Mini's battery backup is very good (contrary to some other people's comments). I have gotten around 5 days of standby time (no internet, no GPS, no calls and no messages.). This is as good as any other phone I have used. With no GPS, and on a 2G network with moderate surfing and calling, you should be able to get 1.5-2 days. But once you get this phone, you will lose sight of your 'moderate usage'. ;-)
2)The automatic keyboard popping is probably part of the capacitive button problem. Long pressing the options button on the homescreen brings up the keyboard, so if the capacitive buttons malfunction, the keyboard also pops up. I am not sure if they are resolved in the new batch, but most people have got their problem fixed by calibration. So even if you get the problem, know that it can be fixed.
3)The camera is not great. The photos in low light come out a little dull. In fact, all photos lack detail and clarity when viewed on a computer screen. OK for just some occasional snapshots, but certainly not to replace a digital camera. I'm pretty sure most other phones in this price range have a similar camera.
4)Sunlight legibility is outstanding. Even in bright sun, the screen not only remains legible, it even maintains some of its outstanding clarity and vivid colour. The screen of the mini is an outstanding piece of workmanship. The colours are bright and vivid, but not oversaturated like AMOLEDs. The display is very clear, and the display is much better than on the ace.
5)Yes it does. Webpages appear exactly as they would on a computer screen, with all flash ads.
6)The call clarity is one of the best I have ever seen. Its better than any other phone I have ever used. The person on the other end can hear you loud and clear, and vice versa. No problems with call clarity whatsoever.
7)I have never actually been able to get a lock on my position without an internet connection active, so I don't think so. But then again, with an internet connection, it takes a few seconds to get a lock. If you will be travelling around in metropolitan areas, with ample cell signal coverage, you can maintain an internet connection for navigation. It doesn't eat up much bandwidth.
No other phone for 12K will give you what the mini offers. HD gameplay is outstanding, call clarity is superb, the display is awesome. I personally found this phone much better than my friend's ace, so I can easily recommend it to you over the Ace. Go for it, and even if you do face the heating problem, most people in this blog have fixed it by calibration. So I don't think its much of a problem. The only con if this phone is the small screen, and If you can live with that, then this phone is for you.
AnonD-37620, 11 Jan 2012Hello folks.. I'm from India and planning to buy my first android phone.. My budget is around ... more1. Battery lasts for a day, if you use it as a smartphone. If you don't use 3g wifi and if internet usage is less, then you may get more. Still I doubt about 2 full days. I am using a spare battery and an external charger and managing with that.
2. What I got is the restarting issue. It sometimes restarts several times. But when this happens, I manually restarts once and it becomes normal. There are no other issues at the mo. Some users here have warned that the said issues start after updating to android 2.3.4(4.0.2.A.0.42). So I haven't accepted that update yet and waiting for the ICS upgrade in this year.
3. I am very impressed with the camera and doesn't feel any problems which you mentioned. In low light, it can capture capture within the limitations of a mobile camera. And many image edit apps are available to add a little brightness or contrast.
4. The screen is very legible even in direct sunlight
5. The built-in browser is fully flash supported providing fully pc like web experience. And most of the third party browsers like opera mobile also supports flash very well. But dolphin hd is the leading in android like opera mini is leading in symbians and JavaS. Dolphin has an additional option to save data- flash on demand; flash content doesn't work till you click on that.
6. I had some occasional issues with call clarity and network, but generally it is not bad. However, SE is not as good as Nokia in these areas.
7. GPS is perfect. But without internet you can't see maps. Voice navigation may work if it has access in your area
[deleted post]How many % with that codings work.. did u try it on ur own xperia mini... thankz for the info.. i've got the same problem 2..
the best smartphone ever..no regret at all..awesome!!! just go for it..no 2nd thought seriously
Hello folks.. I'm from India and planning to buy my first android phone.. My budget is around 12k.. I've set my eyes on two phones: Samsung Galaxy Ace and Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini.. I've been to both company outlets and have used both phones on display.. Though I find the Mini faster and much better than the Ace, there are a few queries which I would like you to clarify with regard to the Mini:
1. How much battery backup does the Mini give?(I'll be rarely using GPS and won't be using 3G at all). In this scenario can the battery manage two day with moderate usage?
2. I've read a lot of posts in which people have complained of overheating, capacitive button auto function, automatic keyboard popping etc.. Have these problems been resolved in the new batch of phones?
3. I've read in a few reviews on the internet that the camera quality is not very good in low light conditions, and in the interiors.. Is it really so?
4. What about the screen reading legibility in sunlight?
5. Does the web browser support Adobe flash for viewing flash content on websites?
6. Is the call clarity good? In a few reviews it was mentioned that the person on the receiving side could not make out what the person was trying to say..
7. is the GPS good? can it be used without any active internet connection on the phone? and what about the connection time?
I'd request you all to please clarify the above queries.. And if there is some other good phone around 12k kindly mention that too.. Thank you..
[deleted post]pls download from this link..
yess i dont have any issues by using it the capisitive key is not trouble when overheating sorry of my broken english
becau i'm form 2 in malaysia
good news, the touchscreen issue is now fixed (requires rooting), PM me on http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4286012
if you are suffering from this problem :)
i am using the phones within few weeks....its real awesome....sony ericsson rocks...comparing price to any other android phones...its much better...
AnonD-30822, 09 Jan 2012Does anyone know if the menu of this phone has "notes"? where can I find it?Lot of notes free apps are available in the android market.
Try, for example, 'handrite'. It has a handwriting mode and keyp ad mode and also a widget for easy notes writing