This phone sucks big time!
I friggin hate this phone...got it almost a year back.,n here's my review about the fone:
not much at its price range but I feel its screen graphics are really cool n um fan of its bravia engine.
1. POOREST BATTERY EVER....im js like normal teenagers n always connected to internet. its battery drains too fast..I only get 3.5-4 hours...this is ridiculous...I have to keep it plugged with charger 24*7...this is hell...now I have got a substitute fone also, in case of emergency!
2. LOW RAM....though they say it has got 512MB RAM but that's not the case...it has only 200Mb...even worse my fone is year old now it shows only 50MB left...now I cant do multi tasking..this thing frustrates me alot...seems I have to format it...but the data will get erased...:(...hell with it..:x
3. Camera is also poor...shoots some nice pics outdoor but if light is lil dim it seems pics are shot by 1mp camera...I give it 1.5star out of 5.
4. internal memory is 400mb...that's not sufficient for android because some apps cant be transferred to memory card..so 400mb is not enough!
5. there's some kinda lid or somethin which u have to open n then you plug it with the charger...but after a year use that lid is torn out now....n to open that thing relli makes me cry :'( ...what the hell is that Sony??????? I mean what were they thinking when they made this fone!
PLEASE DONT BUY THIS FONE...IT REALLY SUCKS!!
P.S: I'M. A SONY FAN.. UM INTENDING TO BUY XPERIA Z, HOPEFULLY , n get rid of this mini pro thing....
THIS FONE SUCKS DNT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON IT!
a quick question to those with rooting and flashing roms experience, hopefully some kind soul would answer:
I have a mini pro, bought it used, it is already rooted and is flashed to an "xperia s rom" in gingerbread version
I have no rooting and modding and flashing custom rom experience, but am very interested in updating the camera with this mod:
^upon reading the mod, it says that I need to be on ICS in order for me to have this mod
so basically I was wondering, since I needed to upgrade my gingerbread "xperia s rom" to an ICS one
1.download and flash the phone with an official gingerbread firmware then just upgrade from there?
2. Or Can I just straight out..download a custom rom with ICS as its main O.S. version then flash it straight from my gingerbread using xperia s custom rom?
3. I understand that upon flashing any roms...you lose your root...unless you flash a rom that is rooted already by default(?)
4. If I can just flash any custom roms made for the xperia mini pro, regardless of its O.S. version....thatll be great HOHOHO!
5. how can I make this safe? Can I just rely on titanium backup? or do I need to have other apps as backups?
thanks in advance cheers! ^_^
djuma, 10 Jan 2013try jetaudio basic or the full version bro........best app for musicstill other problems will persist... :-/
ever since I upgrade my phone to ICS, some apps are not working well..
I have downloaded N7player, fusion player, xplaye music player and maven player. but none of the above players equilizers are working.
opera mini dont go in background mode, I have to reopen the pages again., cant download videos from tubemate in background, I have to wait untill it finishes the download and then do my other stuffs on phone. download gets stop once I press home button.
is it relates to to thing like rooted or unrooted phone?
whats wrong with my phone ..
plz guys help me out....
@Latif: To check if you are on latest ICS update, compare the firmware installed with those on XDA dev site, usually the custom rom developers prefer the latest releases, hence compare phone's firmware with the latest builds.
As for repairing with PC Companion, it downloads FULL firmware (latest built regionally) not just OTA update and installs it on the phone as factory clean, hence less issues.
Help! Help!! Help!!!
There were two options on the two sides of the bar normally used to receive a phone call(i) receive button & (ii) sound on/off button. Now after upgrade the ICS from GB to IS, I have noticed that sound on/off button is replace by camera button. Friends, is there any option to reform it as it was before. Thanks in advance.
Can anyone help me? My ICS update is lagy and buggy.I read many comments about bug fix ICS update. how to get the bug fix update? and how do I know its bug fix update? Is it entitled 'BUG FIX ICS UPDATE'? pls help me out
amar, 04 Jan 2013I have been using this phone for 1 yr now.the battery backup was not very good but it was mana... moreGo to Power save mode settings and check them. May be that you did set a brightness level of 0% for the screen when the battery is 20% and you think that your phone is shutting down.
I don't have this issue.
1. Mine has no prob with the physical keypad;
2. Do the update to ICS, but afterwards do the repair from PC Companion - it works far better with the ICS;
3. It's the best phone in the price range and maybe more than that;
4. Keep your display brightness at 60% (anyway 100% is recommended for outdoor in the summer) - you'll see that the battery will be OK;
5. Enable xLOUD for sound;
6. Shut down the phone and restart it from time to time - closes the processes cached in memory.
Have a nice day!
Does the physical keypad stop working after some days. say 6 months. Pls rply me. I'm planning to buy mini pro. If so I'll buy mini.
Maestro, 12 Dec 2012Bought it 4 months ago and I completely DISLIKE it, because it FREEZES a lot of times with no ... morethat's a lie. i have this phone for almost a year now (just one more week to go to 1year). The image produced after ics update just got a lot better, and the phone got a lot smoother after the second ICS update (the ICS bugfix). The call quality is way better than my good old samsung. and goodness, where do you get HD video recording and playback in this price range and in this phone size? Don't you have taste? my only complain is the battery, just like everyone else but IMO, battery state in ICS of this phone is like gingerbread with Juice Defender installed.
Please advise me how to sychronise my phone book oh this phone to my laptops nmicroaoft outlook to crate a back up. I am able to do it with my htc Windows phone but not with this one.
Please help me....
amar, 04 Jan 2013I have been using this phone for 1 yr now.the battery backup was not very good but it was mana... moreGet rooted your smartphone, visit http://www.androidgadgematic.com/2012/10/install-android-412-pacman-custom-rom-sony-xperia-mini-mini-pro-active-live-with-walkman.html
Note: This can't make sure your smartphone will be safe or not. Do this will be your responsibility yourself
can any one tell me about the battery back up ...stand by time , talk time and music play back time plz....
Nana_kuma, 31 Dec 2012This phone is the best among the phone I've ever used. But it's a little thick than you think ... moreI don't think so. Until now my phone performance with ICS 4.04 and 4.1.B.0.587 is good and fast