AnonD-542, 14 Feb 2012What you are saying is absolutely correct. Nokia is the best in providing the best value for m... moreHi,
With all due respect to the writer - Sbdevilmind, I would like to make a few comments in the light of the facts that I myself own a Xperia Neo V and Nokia 701 both and have been using them for about 4-5 months now.
1) Agreed that Symbian looks like it's mostly dead.
But can't put GPU to good use - Totally Disagree. You are as outdated as Symbian series 60v5. Check the specs after Symbian 3 - it's in the genes of Symbian now.
2) Well, resolution is a little lower than NeoV, but should I say plain LCD is old school and IPS-LCD is what Nokia 701 has? What matters is how does it actually look leaving aside the numbers!
3) Wrong information. Symbian has had a universal player since ages!! I have used it in my old Nokia 5800 as well. Go check out.
4) Regarding the GPU. This is the most absurd statement in your whole post. Nokia 701s GPU is atleast twice the power of Adreno 205. Adreno 205 is old school!! It was launched in Q4 - 2009 according to the wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip).
Now for the advantages of Nokia 701:-
1) Gorilla glass display
2) Metallic device and not cheap plastic finger print magnet
3) USB OTG Host support - you can connect a pendrive with a Rs.150 cable and not a Rs.2000 device like in Neo V.
4) If any of your friend has it check out the following features:-
a) Gallery Speed
b) Camera Speed
It will blow your mind and clear all doubts regarding which device is faster and the GPU put to good use!
5) FM Transmitter
This was a post only to tell facts about the Nokia 701. Since I bought Xperia Neo V, it's not that I made a mistake. If someone requires I can mention all the advantages and reason for me to buy Neo V too.
jay, 13 Feb 2012im planning to buy this phone.,what is the speed in 2g?its has no 3g in our town. What about b... more2G speed does not depend on mobile hardware... instead it's all the telecom operator what it can provide... I m using Tata Docomo EDGE at 22-28 kbps down speed... 3G not activated coz it's way expensive than 2G and other thing is edge gets the job done well enough....
if u only do online chatting whole day then the battery will survive about 28 hrs in 2g.... my internet is always on :)
AnonD-38095, 13 Feb 2012except bigger display and android os 701 is way ahead and i am telling this on my hands on bo... moreWhat you are saying is absolutely correct. Nokia is the best in providing the best value for money. Nokia 701 is selling like hot cakes too. I too could have gone for it but below are the reasons why I didn't.
1. The OS: Symbian is dead. It's completely obsolete against android. Symbian lacks the customizable ability of android. Can't put gpu to good use in the UI. And it has almost no developer support.
2. Screen resolution: 640x360 is totally old school now. Web browsing is not fully enjoyable in it. Neither is watching photos and videos.
3. Application support: Now this is a MAJOR issue. Symbian is supposed to be killed by 2016. But recently it was decided that the day might be much sooner. Say.....2013. Nokia already has given up symbian to a different software company for support. All these contribute to keeping developers away from symbian.
3. Hardware acceleration: Have you ever wondered WHY no one has made a universal video player for symbian yet? Unless your phone supports it, no other video formats gonna play. Converting videos is old school now. Nokia 701 has enough hardware to play any video format under 720p but just because there is no hardware acceleration under Symbian...... no other video except MP4, AVI, FLV and 3gp gonna play.
So......I decided to go for Neo V. My earlier phone was a symbian s60v5. I know how the screen resolution feels. nHD is not what a 16k phone should offer. If only the hardware of 701 was combined with android, we would have had one amazing device.
But again......the hardware prowess of 701 falls short compared to Neo V's Snapdragon CPU with Adreno 205. 701 gpu is half the power of Adreno 205.
So. 701 is for those who wants a boring device and Neo V is for those who wants their phone to be cool looking, made for gaming and media, and be a full fledged web browsing machine.
p.s: Someone rate this.....XD
I am Xperia Neo V owner from past 3 months, and noticed a small problem with its HD Video. It is giving only 25 FPS !!! I have confirmed it with many Softwares. So the video on TV is jerky. Clarity of details captured is also less. But, Still pictures are of good quality. Overall very dissapointed.
AnonD-14693, 13 Feb 2012Case available on flipkart for 250 inr U trying it?i couldnt find anything.. provide the link dude?
AnonD-30323, 13 Feb 2012download astro file manager from android market to see ur sd card contents.Thanks means Alot
AnonD-38095, 13 Feb 2012except bigger display and android os 701 is way ahead and i am telling this on my hands on bo... moreWhat about Handset beauty but foremost Camera and some other options as well?
Sony Ericsson got better lenses with Continuous Auto-Focus, Image Stabilization and much more. Does Nokia have this all?
Sony Ericsson Neo V is better than Nokia 701 in case of Screen Resolution; Neo V got 265ppi but Nokia 701 just have 210ppi =D
I am a prospective Android user and it could be the first android device for me.Is it certain that this device gets updated to V4.0? are there any planned dates around this? Do I need to pay extra for the upgrade.
Also can someone tell me if there would be large differences between V2.3 and V4.0 except for the number of applications?
Rizwan Yaqoob, 13 Feb 2012Battery life of my Xperia Neo V lasts for 48 hours and you can't expect more than this from sm... moreexcept bigger display and android os 701 is way ahead and i am telling this on my hands on both the sets..and 701 has a very good sound base which u will miss on neov..but just buy set depending on ur choice..nokia is a hardware king with good quality service.
But symbian belle stil lacks skype video call and full flash.
im planning to buy this phone.,what is the speed in 2g?its has no 3g in our town. What about battery life? Im a heavy user, like to net whole day(chat).
AnonD-29280, 13 Feb 2012not realy .. u wont get free service in india if u buy it from abroadCase available on flipkart for 250 inr
U trying it?
AnonD-29280, 13 Feb 2012not realy .. u wont get free service in india if u buy it from abroadohhhh...i m plannin 2 buy 4m dubai....hope i dnt get faulty a one...:(...nyway ty 4 reply.....
[deleted post]Same problem.. Guys I want to know where can i get good cases/covers preferrably case mate type..
AnonD-36033, 13 Feb 2012neo v battery is very poordon't say any thing about NEO V may be you don't know how to used.
hey...if i buy dis phone 4m abroad nd if i get some prob like rebootng...den can i get it repaird frm indian servce centre??? i mean wid a warranty card???@ 100rabh??
AnonD-42032, 13 Feb 2012its not important i just want how much the NEO V battery lives is it one day or 2 or 3 ? 3-4 hours if u play games like crazy.
5 days if you let it idle (totally not use it).
1-2 days if u only do hear music 4-5 hours, sms, telephone.
1 days if data traffic active