AnonD-43136, 20 Apr 2012Ive got live walkman but ive noticed play has stereo speakers as well. How loud are they in co... morehey james the pseakers are real good. usabilty depends on ur hands. go out to a local store and check out the phone, it is thicker than normal, but it may or may not have an effect considering how comfortable u feel with the phone. i have normal sized hands and i can use the phone pretty much single handedly, on the other hand some of my friends use both hands at times, as they are smaller than mine, and they struggle to reach every corner of the phone with one hand!
Ive got live walkman but ive noticed play has stereo speakers as well. How loud are they in comparison? Are they the same speakers? Live is much louder than rest of xperias but is this the same with play? I know play is a thick phone but does this affect its usability as a normal phone when not gaming?
adi, 19 Apr 2012i cant play avi,mp4 video format...i want to play download movies.. pls fix. help..Try googling putlocker! For instance put in 'watch star wars on putlocker'.
adi, 19 Apr 2012i cant play avi,mp4 video format...i want to play download movies.. pls fix. help..I've downloaded "mx video player" and i can watch any movies on my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
For all those moaning- there is video calling over 3g, now i dont know what country u live in or what your network allows. in im uk, and i do video calls several times a day over 3g, so i dont really understand the fuss people are creating here. my top things about the phone so far(at random)
1. Gameplay is the best. gamepad allows the screen to be free, so have a 4 inch screen full of fun. put any game on and u would know what im on about. let the isheeps brag, u cannot beat the play on gameplay!!
2. the analogue controls could take some practice before u get a hang of it, but on the other hand might not. the keys are brilliant, respond well.
3. Connectivity is good. again depends on the network, but once u get what you need play does well on 3g. I have unlimited data, so use wifi hotspot like anything. be it for my pc to download movies, or for my xbox live, it works brilliantly for me, as im saving up on costs of having a wifi connection.
4. Call quality is another plus. its nicely loud and very clear, has background noise supression that helps in busy places.
5. Audio quality is superb when on speakers. hold it in ur hand while playing music, and u can feel the quality. its loud with quailty. watching videos is a joy especially with the speakers( i have mx video player from the market, lets me stretch/crop video to make it full screen, the native video player wont allow that. there are other apps too so head on to the play store). on the other hand when u plug in headphones, you could be dissapointed as its not the loudest experience. its decently loud, but very clear sound.
6. Camera, is a 5mp, and its good. now you would compare it to everything in the market, but u should know sony didnt put the best camera in this. still by the standards of 5mp shooters this is pretty good. settings for camera are nice too. 720p recording. t also gives an option to shoot high quality videos for youtube uploading.
7. Battery life- if u are careful u might squeez a lot out of it or u might be charging it twice a day. i have tried almost every trick to see how to get it right. with background activities shut down, i managed to get through 2 days, with 3 hrs of calling, 3g was on for 17 hrs(1 hr browsing on 3g) 1 hr browsing on wifi, wifi was on for 8 hrs( used 4 hrs 12 minutes for playing radio over wifi on speakers)but had to charge it around the end of 2nd day. on another occasion, i charged the phone to 100%, then i was using wifi hotspot, and playing game at the same time. that session lasted 3hrs and 23 minutes before it dropped to 12%. i thought thats descent as i was playing with sound on speakers(asphalt 6hd), then i was using the internet heavily.
8. Screen is good, colours pop out nicely, its not the best on sunlight legibility, u need to have a bright theme if you want to use it under the sun. i had a black background theme on in the sun, and that more than halved the brightness, even when it was at 100%. the screen in general should have been more brighter considering it has led backlighting. it works great on games, but on every other thing i just wish it was a tad bit brighter, would have made it perfect.
Cn someone pls help.. I got the xperia play a few days back but I couldn't create a google account.. Kept saying tht it cud not establish reliable connection to data server.. Help wud be really appreciated..
Concerned Customer, 18 Apr 2012Very worried abou ics update. Sony are keeping an outdated kernel which will kill many possib... moredear concerned customer, 3g video calling is very much available since the very start. i own play and have been on video calling over 3g both domestic and internationally. wonder why gsm arena hasnt updated this yet. and about ics, i know its taken longer than usual, but the gingerbread version with sony's ui isnt bad either, its smooth, swiping around the menu and home screens is quite snappy.
adi, try download BS Player at market place.. it can play all format including avi,rmvb,mkv,etc.. all format..already tried.. free on market place
wanna ask why my Play screen suddenly awake? it decrease my phone battery life
i cant play avi,mp4 video format...i want to play download movies.. pls fix. help..
Very worried abou ics update.
Sony are keeping an outdated kernel which will kill many possible developments.
No word about a proprietary (or other) software to allow 3G video calling/chatting.
No official word about camera image compression improvements, either...
Customers should not wish ICS upgrade just because other phones already have it.
Th problem is that when people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other...
jordan_wei, 16 Apr 2012video recording is 720p???? right???720p even with stock camera apps, there is lot more
jordan_wei, 16 Apr 2012video recording is 720p???? right???It's on the "Specifications" page:
Camera Primary 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, check quality
Features Geo-tagging, image stabilization
Video Yes, 720p
Secondary Yes, VGA
jordan_wei, 16 Apr 2012video recording is 720p???? right???With the latest update YES. Out of the box NO.
very fine mobile phone. gamepad, no lagging, gps, great screen.
it has everything you want...
except video calls.
the front camera is there, but unless you can afford data plans and wifi, 3g video calling just isn't there.
that is this phone's main flaw. dommage.
maybe ics will bring us video callings ...
Hi, I was really exited when i bought the Xperia Play. I have been using it for last 4-5 months. Only thing i am not happy is with the battary life. It couldnt last even 2 hours while playing the PSP standerd games. I think, the OS has some flaws as well. I would love to see some upgrades and pathes comming in for the users. But over all performance- i should say i would ranked it 6.5 out of a point scale of 10.
ics xperia play vs ics xperia neo v which of these has a better battery life???????
gop, 15 Apr 2012we want video calls as samsung's, lg's, htc's and older sony models have. no ICS gadgets and ... moreNot gonna happen. Sony doesn't care about useful things, only flashy, blingy gimmicks which will give it more market share and visibility...