Parvinder Singh, 03 Feb 2012Sound through loud speaker not good. otherwise All is Good.loudspeaker sound is LOUD though - that's what matters for hands-free. Sure, music through the loudspeaker isn't hi-fi quality, but I'm not sure what you expect from a phone.
Neo v or pro which is better iam deadly music lover and also internet,calls suggest me wat about charging
gulan, 02 Feb 2012Touch sensitivity is amazing,I ddnt find any scratches on my cell during these 2 weeks.my fren... morePlease keep in mind that the xperia pro has was higher pixel count on a larger display so its pics will look better compared 2 the n8 smaller screen. Put pics of the same object from each phone of a computer and then u will see how much better the n8 is. The n8 has gorilla glass 2 so it wont b scratching easily
JRG, 01 Feb 2012I just got the Xperia Pro yesterday. I upgraded from a dying nokia N97. Everyone says this p... moreIf you want better PDF performance try EZ PDF reader. The OfficeSuite PDF reader doesn't have the best performance.
Anonymous, 01 Feb 2012Put it this way - I have >150 apps installed. The SD card is your friend :PHei frnds, I hav installed 82 apps from market...excluding the preinstald ones...is it the maximum...but wen I use cache cleaner...it shows 263 apps for me.any help,I am new to android.
ameya, 02 Feb 2012I am planning to buy this. But iv got few questions .
1. hows the touch effect of this phon... moreTouch sensitivity is amazing,I ddnt find any scratches on my cell during these 2 weeks.my frend who owned an N8 earlier said that my Xperia pro's cam is awesome than his phone, but I dnt know....although I like the camera,,,especially in night.both still and video clarity are awesome.I love it.
I am planning to buy this. But iv got few questions .
1. hows the touch effect of this phone ? does it get too many scratches soon ?
2. does it have on screen qwerty keyboard when rotated?
3. hows the camera quality ? compared to Nokia N8 .
Ali, 01 Feb 2012I bought a silver one a week ago, it's a great and prefect phone in all aspects, the only prob... moreIs it your first android?
36 hours is really good and probably as good as it will ever be. People make one big mistake when first switch to android. Seeing how quickly the battery drains they tend to use the phone less, hoping to save the juice. When they see battery still not holding up, they freak out and stop using the phone all together. An interesting fact about android, is that using the phone moderately, does not kill the battery much faster. On average, expect your phone to last a day to day and a half. All background processes will drain it anyway. Killing the background processes is only limiting the phone's abilities and potential.
Just charge every night. If you still run out, you can buy a second battery. There are also some aftermarket batteries with double capacity and custom back covers to accommodate for the larger juice-box.
Denon87, 31 Jan 2012Its interesting phone to me. It annoys me quite lot that gsmarena havent tested the sound qual... moreSound quality of this phone is not good. you face problem to here sound in noisy environment. but with earphone you can get good sound with Power-amp Music player which you have to purchase Android Market.
Ali, 01 Feb 2012I bought a silver one a week ago, it's a great and prefect phone in all aspects, the only prob... moreThere is no problem in your phone Battery. mine also empty in 24hrs in moderate use. its due to Android. It consumes more power in their operations.
xyz1980, 31 Jan 2012what is the free memory available for installing apps???Put it this way - I have >150 apps installed. The SD card is your friend :P
I just got the Xperia Pro yesterday. I upgraded from a dying nokia N97. Everyone says this phone is a midrange phone, but if it is, then so is the iphone 4, since I prefer a zillion times over the iphone 4 (without even taking into account the fact that apple's itunes limits the iphone even in terms of file sharing, etc). The Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro comments:
1) The screen is great, the touchscreen is very responsive.
2) The operating system is flawless, although to make it easy to use initial configuration is a must.
3) The single core processor is snappy and the GPU is fast enough to watch HD netflix on. Also, the HDMI connector means I don't need to shell out > USD30 for an HDMI connector required by the iphone or the samsung.
4) I got 2Mbit download and 1.5Mbit upload speeds compared to an iphone 4's 1.8Mbit and 1.3Mbit on the same carrier.
5) The keyboard is the best keyboard I've tested, although it's missing the dot on the j and f keys to find your place.
6) The size is ideal. It's thinner than the Nokia N97, but has the same width and height. At 140 grams it's also not a heavyweight. Other slide querty phones weight in at over 180g (motorola Droid 3 or Milestone 3) and are so big that you almost need a briefcase to take them with you.
7) Uses micro-usb charger & cable, which means cheaper accesories.
8) ANT+ interface to go jogging and log your hearbeat, and other fitness data.
9) Doesn't cost an arm and a leg (Iphone 4S or Samsung SII).
10) Although nokias are bomb-proof this one isn't that far behind, it seems more solid than the Samsungs I've seen.
11) This is probably a good choice if 4G isn't absolutely necessary.
12) I gave it a 10 in terms of design, 9 in terms of features (no double core, no bluetooth 3.0, no USB 3.0 and only 512MB of RAM), and 9 in terms of performance. Performance lags a little bit with large pdfs full of pictures.
I bought a silver one a week ago, it's a great and prefect phone in all aspects, the only problem is battery's life, in a normal use with no heavy load and usage of wi-fi, bluetooth, gps, music playing and even calling!!!, it goes empty very fast in less than 36 hours,
I have increased battery's performance by disabling many features but still battery seems to be very weak!
Does anyone have the same problem? Please comment as probably i'm doing something wrong with my phone
Its interesting phone to me. It annoys me quite lot that gsmarena havent tested the sound quality, maximum volume. I would like to know because I hate babies/kids in the bus, phone needs to be quite loud so it can drown/cover crying babies/kids.
Off course I use headphones...
My current phone is nokia n95 and its enough loud, but so old. So Im considering the xperia pro.