Does the silver version of xperia pro has back lights for the qwerty keyboard as on the black version?
Pls help frnds
Baars, 24 Oct 2012No, I am afraid not. The official white paper does not mention any compass sensor or magnetome... morethanks Baars. btw whats your version - MK16 / MK16i / MK16a. I heard that, only Xperia Pro MK16i has compass, other versions don't have - is it true?
smith74, 24 Oct 2012hi, can anybody tell whether Xperia Pro has compass (for navigation purpose) in it or not? gsm... moreNo, I am afraid not. The official white paper does not mention any compass sensor or magnetometer. I have also tried a number of compass apps from Play Store, but none of them did actually work. This is my only complaint about Xperia pro. Otherwise, it is a great phone.
hi, can anybody tell whether Xperia Pro has compass (for navigation purpose) in it or not? gsmarena's spec tells no compass, whereas some other sites mention compass in the specs. pls advise. thanks for your help in advance.
MY report on the SE Xperia Pro: Stock Gingerbread 2.3.4. Kernel: 126.96.36.199-perf SEMCUser@SEMCHost#1. Build: 4.0.2.A.0.58. Color: Red wine. Not tweaked. Not "improved", as came from factory. Here it goes: :D
SE Xperia Pro is, as today, one of the most COMPLETE, powerful, beautiful and reliable smartphones existing! After testing it and using it as a non-basic user it has not failed at anything!
To be a bit more specific, in one of the most demanding tasks: 3D Games (to name some of mine): Asphalt 7, Granny Smith, World of Goo, Sheep and Clouds and N.O.V.A. 3; them all run smoothly and perfectly fine!
What else do you need to test to know that this smarthphone is totally capable of handling whatever task you can give to it?
Did I mention that I play with all Android animations "on" and with a 3D Live wallpaper "on" too? No need for 4 cores SGS3 at all :P (at least for a couple of years!)
Just to enhance the report:
- Usability, functionality of the smartphone in general is very, very good.
- Its display is very responsive and lovingly clear. If you like drawing you can purchase Sketchbook app by Autodesk and make art as you like :D
- Multitasking: Jumping/Swapping from app to app through long pressing Home button is fast and apps respond quickly. Response in general is instantaneous.
- Its default gallery is very nice :D Its default browser does very, very good too, as well as its video and music player (this last can be highly improved by an EQ app). Default widgets are very nice and useful too.
- Camera is fine; not superb. It's very good and better at taking short distance pictures. Flash does fine. There are aps for camera that can improve this. Although is already fine.
- Music player is nice looking, functional and does fine. Loud speaker does good. Sound is loud and clear.
- Earphones sound is very good. If EQ app is present, it's way better. No need for Power AMP nor players like that for me. Just an EQ app is enough.
- Sharing through DNLA is very good with this one. Can see all my media in my lcd tv wirelessly.
- Its HDMI port is one of the best features you can desire right now in a highend smartphone. Conecting it to a LCD TV and playing a 3D game gives you 720p output and turns your Xperia Pro into a game console/controller in seconds!! It simply rocks!
- Did I mention that the Xperia Pro has the same internal components as the Xperia Play? That speaks by itself about its large gamming and graphics capabilities.
- Its Notifications LED are very, very nice! Several colors :D
- Maps, latitude are fine too. Haven't tried navigation yet.
- Youtube/Flashplayer 10 (read 11 is buggy) app runs good and plays videos perfectly, both in the YT app as in the Android/Firefox/Opera browser. Quality is also good, but it's a matter of the YT app that does not allow it to play in 720p.
- Most of the time RAM stays at 155-160MB free, with 18 services running. IT COULD HARDLY EVER RUN OUT OF RAM. I noticed RAM goes down to 90 Free when playing music and at navigating in Facebook app for like 4 hours, they load 35MB and 25 MB each, but you can easlily stop them or restart the phone to free up RAM and you get then +170. If you close several not used apps/services you can easily reach 190 MB free RAM. Just don't load the phone with stupid proceses. Closing them is easy, too.
- Wi-Fi receiver does perfectly fine. Haven't tested the actual distance it can reach though.
- Keyboard is solid, soft, nice and backlited! Not loose at all. T9 also available. If you want you can use portrait "classic" T9 keyboard, which does nicely.
- Its body is solid too. Red wine color is better as fingerprints are less noticeable (read in reviews too). Although this is not very worrying.
- For the screen you could use a protective film to prevent it from scratching. It is "Scratch-resistant glass" not "unscratchable" glass. It looks nice and feels very confortable that way (using the film). Its body does not catch dust, which is great.
- It has several hardware sensors: Proximity: fine. The other ones: fine. Acelerometer: Superb!! :D For racing games like Asphalt 7 is perfect!! Like a wheel/helm! With HDMI, just fantastic XD
- TimeScape is very nice! Very nice indeed :D You can view Tweets, FB wall posts, calls, messages, etc in a very nice interface. And fast too!
- Battery backup is acceptably fine. If you want it to endure a bit more, just reduce the screen brightness and turn off what is not needed, of course charge it daily when possible!
- Skype: not tested. I don't use it. But you can watch those things at YT.
- USB to GO feature is present. Which means you can easily connect a wired/wireless mouse and keyboard to the Xperia Pro and it will recognice them automatically. (No need for LiveDock, usb to go cable does fine, usb hub not tested yet). A wireless with only one receiver for both keyboard and mouse is better obviously. That way through its HDMI port you can connect to and turn your HD TV into a monitor as a computer one, and your Xperia Pro into a CPU, then you can browse, view YT videos, FB, Twitter, anything else like that, as you wish! Just like on a computer :D! That is convinience in just one COMPLETE device like the Xperia Pro. How about that iPhone lovers? How about that everyone doubting on buying this device?
What are you thinking? Go buy it before is too late! :P It will certainly satisfy you (all). Although you don't like what you've just read, of course. Ha.
This is by far one of the top smartphones, and for all its potential and sweet desing, for me it is in my top 5. For me is the one :D Such a fanboy jaja. No, it's because is powerful enough for anything today and for a couple of years, thats why. Plus its desing and hardware. Just beautiful looking! All my girl/friends love it and are amazed at it everytime they see it jaja. I'm not saying the other smartphones are bad nor that there aren't (slightly) better ones, but this one does much more for less. That'$ it.
And, as a personal thought "If Gb already does perfectly great, why is the interest in upgrading to ICS with all the possible bugs that may occur?" (If it wasn't for the USB to Go feature, I think I wouldn't think of upgrading it.)
OK! That's all I can think of reporting right now! For my happiness and pleasure. I'm very glad for purchasing this beautiful smartphone some months ago. And it has a lot, a huge lot more to offer to discover!! :D
What are your thoughts right now? Let me know!
Ok. Now some cons:
Not a con, exactly. For the USB to GO feature to recognice a USB Stick on Gingerbread (2.3.4) it needs an app that only runs on a rooted phone. But this is a process you can learn to do, and it does not need to be hard, just inform and review for yourselves, as I'll do. I'm not much into that, sorry. That feature is really nice. Imagine carrying your Xperia Pro and your USB Stick (with your usb to go cable, of course) and pluging it to the phone to be able to watch movies, videos, animes, play music, view documents, anything! As easyly as that, without transfering to the SD, just awesome!! Isn't it? I'll try to figure out the best way to give my Xperia Pro that feature. I know some folks here can "teach" us, please! Although, it already has a large memory capacity (32GB) so this feature is just an extra.
- Not a con, exactly either. I've read/heard that the feature described above is available in ICS by default. Which sounds great. Ok. But, as known (read in the SE update site), ICS needs more resources (CPU,RAM) to run as perfectly fine as GB does. So the dilema is: Updating or not to? Updating then rooting if needs tweaks to run smoothly? Not updating but do rooting(GB)? Or ICS as is does great too? *-* Could someone more involved in this matter give me a hand, or a comparision chart on de advantages or disadvantages or upgrading, to help decide, please!! We all are going to thank you very much :)
Plase leave a comment on this, any recommendations will be good for all of us SE Xperia Pro users.
Sorry for the lengthy post! I hope it helps.
CHETHAN, 23 Oct 2012does your pro automatically pauses when you are paying games or is it only my problem for my proMine does not stop until batery dies. Games like Asphalt 7 and Nova 3 run perfectly fine. Yours may have a problem. Try to do a factory reset, back up your files before. Don't ask me how :) Don't know very well how to :D But it's good to do so.
does your pro automatically pauses when you are paying games or is it only my problem for my pro
Anonymous, 12 Oct 2012you can buy it online for only 9000 pesos:-) some even offer it for 8000 pesos.Buddy ..in here the official price is about 4500 pesos and if u opt for imported ones , it costs just 2800 pesos ;)
Hi...I have just ordered Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro Silver colour from ebay. However I heard that there is some issuse with the keypad light in silver coulour.. Is it True?