mraccounter, 11 Apr 2012Okay, here is my review: Mine is Black color bought from ebay for Rs. 14500 (without warranty... moreThere is no stopping in games if you uninstall McAfee Security. McAfee interferes with games.
Okay, here is my review:
Mine is Black color bought from ebay for Rs. 14500 (without warranty). My friend bought silver color for 13750/- a week later. :(
There are only 3 colors Ė Black, Red and Silver. (Grey, White etc are all Silver only)
And please buy Xperia Pro and not Xperia Mini Pro. Better buy Xperia Live with Walkman. It is better. :)
1. Black color looks awesome and NO there are not any ugly fingerprint marks formed on the blackbody.
2. Phone is quite fast compared to other 1GHz smartphones.
3. Touch screen is super awesome and with full brightness you will love it even more. :)
4. Slider is very good and not wobbly. It depends also on you how you hold the phone.
5. Battery backup better most other smartphones in its category. For me, moderate usage lasts me a full day. By moderate, I mean Wi-Fi ON for almost half day; Browsing on Wi-Fi/ GPRS for 1-2 hours; calling around 1hr, playing games - 20-30 min and other things (messaging, installing/uninstalling apps etc).
6. Slider Keypad is v good for use and provides better control on what you type but I use it rarely as the onscreen keyboard in landscape mode is pretty good. I have large fingers otherwise portrait mode keyboard is also good. :)
7. Camera (8.1 MP) is very good and very easy to use. You can use either by clicking on touch screen or there is a separate camera button. You can even enhance the camera using other 3rd Party Apps. More on useful Apps later. :)
8. Upgradable to ICS (Android 4.0) in 2-3 months. :D
9. Contrary to what others say, does not heats up much while charging and itís already peak summer time here. :)
10. Music Player Default is good but you can download better ones from market for free. Video player also preferably to be downloaded from market as default ainít any good.
11. Headphone quality is okay and not very good unlike previous Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
12. You can play all the latest games. (Even HD ones) but there will be some lag and stopping in between.
13. Playing games on full brightness and Watching video/ movies is a Visual Treat really. Itís Awesome experience ((Xperia)ence :D)
14. Charges when connected to USB on Computer/ Laptop.
15. Has a front Camera which Supports Google talk video call and Skype video chat.
16. Call quality is very good. Speaker is also very good on call.
17. No issues in connecting to networks or Wi-Fi.
1. RAM @ 512MB is very low and is almost 100-150MB free even if no apps are installed and only default apps are there.
Below CONS are not much of CONS.
2. Default facebook cannot be uninstalled. It is a memory Hog. Better to use FB via browser.
3. Gets heated if you play games/video for a long duration of time and they take up most of the battery remaining time.
4. Using live wallpaper is also somewhat a memory hog. And Live Wallpaper wonít work if moved to SD Card.
5. Not all Apps can be moved to SD Card. But thatís not CON of this mobile. It is due to the developer of the app denying permission to move to SD Card.
6. No smart dialling by default. So have to have an app for this.
So: not much CONS eh. :)
It is the Best smartphone in the market from Sony at such features. Samsung might have more GHz but Samsung feels cheap and has ugly UI.
Must have Apps:
1. Go Launcher/ Launcher Pro: The best ones out there and very low on system resources. I have tried many others, but these 2 are best. :)
2. Dialer One: Support smart dialling in a very intuitive manner. Really good app.
3. Go SMS pro: Best SMS App. You can even put a password for a particular contactís messages.
4. MyPhoneExplorer: Best app for taking backup of data/sms/calls/ contacts etc. You have to get PC version of this to sync with mobile.
5. Flashlight: Must have app for using flash during the dark times. :)
6. ZD Box: Best app for quick controls for Wi-FI, GPS, Bluetooth, screen rotation etc. after installing you have to put a ZDBOX widget on home screen. The app also supports moving Movable apps to SD Card.
7. QuickPic/ Justpictures: for viewing Images. Default is also good.
8. MxPlayer/ MoboPlayer: Best for Video Playback.
9. Opera Mobile/ Dolphin Browser HD: Best for browsing on Wi-FI.
10. Opera Mini Browser: Best for browsing on GPRS/3G (limited plans).
11. IPMSG: Install on both Mobile and Computer for Wi-Fi transfer of data between both. Easy to use.
12. ES File Explorer: Best for exploring files on phone or SD Card.
13. Folder Organizer: Making home screen less cluttered by grouping apps by making good looking folders.
14. DroidStats: Best app for counter management for outgoing/incoming minutes; data traffic counter; sms counter.
15. Camera ZoomFX: best app for taking pics.
16. mSecure: Best app for info management. (Wallet for securing confidential info.)
17. Colornote: Best app for taking notes.
I think I have covered all the points to make the Phone more awesome.
Let me know if any other info is required. Might be able to help.
Vikas, 10 Apr 2012I bought new Xperia Pro. All experiences are too good. Except one!! My application installed a... moreWhich apps are you referring to ??
In android, apps are made in such a way that most of them run in background such as talk, messenger, facebook and other apps which require real time user intervention or background data.
Unless you root your phone, you cannot get rid of them.
Although you can uninstall some of them but not all.
However you can tell me what apps are you referring to and i might know if something is to be done. :)
If you are using the Facebook app and you want to play the youtube video once you press it, your browser will open and play the video through youtube.
Hi can any one tell me know whether video (Youtube video) can be played directly on FB uploaded by friend..
Is xperia pro supporting USB on the go... Like ... Can I connect a USB or ext HDD by using a USB otg cable
I bought new Xperia Pro. All experiences are too good. Except one!! My application installed are automatically restarting itself which is using my memory and slow down the device. I know this can be fixed. Can any one tell me how to overcome this ??
1 Awesome look in black colour
2 run very fast
3 very responsive touch screen i campered with apple 3gs regarding disply quality and gaming experience this one wins.
4 no wobby problem in slider ( as read on review false )
5 after connecting with my sony bravia getting a awesome experience of phone functioning through HDMI Cable
6.battery back up can be enhanced through not instaaling too much apps and off the syncrinisation and background data loading uploading
7. good featured business phone : smart emailing system awesome kyepad for writting long emails nad sms's
8. Camera Qality the best everi saw : works like a digital camera embeded it cool feartures : smile detection, face detection, timer. low lighting pics with great clearity, most smrt is panoramaam 3d and normal camera funtions
9.ITS BOX printed a logo that UPGARDABLE TO ICE 4. ANDROID
awesome phone i get : 1 HDMI Sony Ericsson cable, Charger, hand free ,8 GB Micro SD Card , one screen / dislplay guard , one year subscription for macfee mobile security offered lots of features like tracking , data backup, wipping of , location tracking etc , all these were in Rs 19500
xperia fan, 05 Apr 2012hmmm thats funny, there are only 3 colours dude, black,red and white. wonder where you got the... moreI bought my phone here in riyadh k.s.a., there are also three colors here black, red, grey. If im not mistaken in one of the reviews about this phone in youtube they used the grey color.
byakugan27, 09 Apr 2012Guys, i need some help i want to buy android phone, and i love/ need music phone and looking f... moreif you need a good speaker..
go for live with walkman / Xperia Play because they have stereo speaker :)
Guys, i need some help i want to buy android phone, and i love/ need music phone and looking for good quality speaker and audio..which one do you suggest between Xperia Pro, Xperia Neo or Xperia Play? thanks
renjisaw, 06 Apr 2012hi,just want to know..is there any different between MK16i and MK16a?or basically both also th... morerenjisaw, the last letter is for different versions of the phone for different regions.
Masud, 06 Apr 2012How can I move few applications to Sr card. Xperia pro say not move to sd card.Some apps simply cannot be moved to the SD card. But then you may also try installing a particular app to help you do so. Go to Play Store and search for something that lets you move apps to the SD card.
fathy, 08 Apr 2012i want to buy this mobile but i am worry about the building material of mobile ,, is it look c... moreDon't worry about the material - it makes the phone very shock-absorbent. I have dropped mine many many times on hard surfaces and it is still as good as new!
Davinder, 07 Apr 2012Bought Xperia Pro one week ago : Great phone for all type of consumers ( Business, college , E... moreI couldnt agree more. Been using this phone for about 2 weeks and I dont seem to have any problem. But I hope in the ICS we can have an option to group contacts though without the use of 3rd party apps. I charge every night because I use the wifi so much. But when it is off my phone lasts more than a day or almost 48 hours. Ineed it is a very great phone, the specs and more. I couldnt find anything that can beat this specs in such a prize range.
THE SLIDER DOESNT WOBBLE. BUT IF IT DOES, PLEASE CHECK IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT. It's not that "FINGER PRINT MAGNET" ALSO. Even with my sweaty hands I can clean it easily. and when it does it always looks so brand new. (lol it is, its only been 2 weeks) :)