AnonD-143491, 08 May 2013I use it for about a year and is a great, fast, the camera is fantastic, when I bought it I de... moreWhy wouldnt run fast with 32GB microsd? If you have fast card (class 10) it is fast, and if you have slow one (class2) - it is slow...
sandeep, 08 May 2013thank u somuch dear ica, thanks alot for ur reply,
ics is good but when I turn on the Blueto... moreTo make backup of your FW there is 2 options:
1) SUS file - make backup of your fw that SUS downloaded from net when upgrading your device (if you did update/repair)
2) CWM - nandroid backup
First option is better, easy. Just make ftf file of your SUS files - and then flash it on your phone even without internet...CWM option is good for doing restore without computer - just keep backup on microSD card...
If you didnt save your SUS files and want your region FW, try to findout what is your SI and how to change SI number in your phone so SUS can read that number and get you desired region version of FW....google it, search on xda!
sandeep, 08 May 2013thank u somuch dear ica, thanks alot for ur reply,
ics is good but when I turn on the Blueto... moreGo on xda developers, xperia ray developing section - and find there ROMs etc...and try GB (v42 and v.62) and ICS (4.0.4). All stock. You can find those ftfs also on talk.sonymobile forum - flash ftf GB and see if BT couses restarts. Also try ICS and see if couses restarts...if does, flash back your version of ICS (SUS) and send to repair service...It could be faulty device. Before you do that, se your region number - or simply, if you want root your device and install CWM (x-parts app) and make nandroid backup. Then you can after trying flash back that backup and get your region firmware as it was before - and then, do SUS repair/update again to erase tracks of root...This is just in case you send it to repair service they dont see that your flashed another firmware or root...
They could see that if you left ICS or GB version from xda - not your region specific! Region is determined I thin with SI number - under your battery, on your box and in one file in your firmware. You can change that number (search xda) to get any region firmware you want (with SUS)...so thats why I told you to do nandroid backup - you get your version of FW backup...If you flash ICS or GB from xda or sony talk mobile - you get different SI number, international version (Great Britan i think)...not your country SI.
This is just in case for warranty purposes - maybe they dont check that...so, just in case!
If BT restart problem remains on GB (both versions) and ICS versions, and even after factory reset -then it is mailfunction! Dont know what could be then... I dont remember when my Ray restarted it self - maybe once when I bought it on GB...On ICS never! Use BT headset everyday...
Ica, 07 May 2013Try again with SUS to install ICS. After that, run phone for few minutes (to settle down) and ... morethank u somuch dear ica, thanks alot for ur reply,
ics is good but when I turn on the Bluetooth my ray restarting continuous,
what can I do ????????
please help me.
I use it for about a year and is a great, fast, the camera is fantastic, when I bought it I debated between the Xperia Ray and Neo V, but because of the beautiful designs I bought Ray, I'm very pleased with the ultimate HD ROM runs fast even with 32 GB memory card.
i using my ray mobile since 28/04/2013 while using my phone browesing the back top portion started to getting hot and even without using the moblie the battery comes to low in OS 4.0.4 was already upgreaded and running applications was also stoping freqently. tell is there any way to control it.
sandeep, 07 May 2013hello friends. I m from India.I'm using xperia Ray n my phone is out of India from Dubai. I up... moreTry again with SUS to install ICS. After that, run phone for few minutes (to settle down) and then factory reset, wipe micro sd also. Sometimes it takes 2-3 times to flash same OS and do factory reset to get lag free xperia Ray (or any android). So try to do that and see what you get...and if you want to downgrade - use stock .ftf file from xda-developers forum and flash it with flashtool. You have files you need and instructions also on talk.sonymobile forum...search xperia 2011 root downgrade
Before you do that - save your ICS files from C:/...SUS/bloob.... so you can make .ftf file of your version of ICS if you want to go back to ICS. I did it that way...downgraded to GB and then again back to ICS - because it feels and operates better...GB is old.
hello friends. I m from India.I'm using xperia Ray n my phone is out of India from Dubai. I update my Ray on ics first time the phone works very good but now it's working too slow .I want to downgrade the phone
when I m visit Sony authoritiesed service centre n they says it's not possible to downgrade in our service centre because the phone is out of India. I'm called Sony xperia customer care n the same answer.
please friends help me. the phone works very good on GB.
how to downgrade my phone please please please help me.
sorry for bad English. thank you
For those who want to know what is this phone about:
- you can get 1-2 days of usage, maybe even more with light usage...and you will go through the day with heavy usage
- You can get 12-14Mbps 720p (HD) video with stereo mp3 320kbps sound - that is realy good for phone that price and size
- Very good pictures - use lgcamera for photo and video - i get better results...play a little bit with stock, mods (cybershot mod on xda), lgcamera, or other apps...vignette for auto-flash
- BT, Wifi, Wifi tethering, usb tethering, micro sd 32 GB for sure (some say to get 64GB to work) - everything works flawlessly
- You can video skype, use navigation
Only thing is - you must optimize it: how?
- Update to ICS (for example, it is great), after that factory reset. Now it should be lag free. After that, root and delete bloatware (80+apps). Now use apps that are optimized - people say they are excellent!
Facebook isnt sample of very well optimized app...avoid it.
For details, read previous posts - i wrote about that stuff...but all in one place in month or so...But it isnt so complicated: One more time - SUS update, factory reset, root, remove bloatware, choose apps wisely.
AnonD-142493, 05 May 2013Hi Ica
I am seeing the posts done by you..seems u are having great knowledge about this phone... moreYou can contact me on PM on xda-developers page:
I dont have a lot of knowladge, just experence I gathered during adjusting my Ray...And that was a process of few months...so Im trying to help if someone need - most of people like me can find answers alredy on net...but it requires a lot of investigating and learning new stuff... So I remember how I was few months ago when didnt know what means CWM or how to flash kernel and not brick phone etc...most people on forums etc considered that everyone have some knowladge about that stuff...but I ask what is CWM, what to fash, how, what, what...
When I find time, I will put together some guide for Ray - maybe in one-two months...Altho, all that can be found on xda - I plain to make it for someone who doesnt know what is root, cwm, or even english...with pictures... :D
AnonD-142566, 05 May 2013Today at morning, when I turn-on the bluetooth of my xperia ray it's continuing restarting its... moreUpdate/repair with SUS, factory reset. If problem persists - send to repair service!
Today at morning, when I turn-on the bluetooth of my xperia ray it's continuing restarting itself, now I can't use my phone. Any one can help me what do I now? How it stop to restarting. pleas help me.
today at morning, when I on the Bluetooth of my xperia ray it continuing to restart itself, now i can't use my phone, any help me what can i do now?????
Ica, 03 May 2013Dont post how Ray is bad and lag and hang or heat up or dont work - first send it to repair se... moreHi Ica
I am seeing the posts done by you..seems u are having great knowledge about this phone...
Is it possible to contact you , actually I am having xperia ray but i dont have enough knowledge about the phone. I felt that I am simply using the mobile for taking pics, videos and internet...by seeing ur posts I am realising the mobile has got great features..so can you help me to understand this mobile.
so that only I asked if it possible to contact you by anyway?
waiting for ur reply
Shri, 01 May 2013Hello all,
i am using Xperia ray since june 2012, about 7 months its worked very fine know ... moreyou may perform a factory reset and install as less apps as possible. please make sure about your contact, sms etc backup.
Dont post how Ray is bad and lag and hang or heat up or dont work - first send it to repair service! Every phone or device can get mailfunction, actualy - they make it to last for limited time and then to mailfunction!!!
But I consider my Ray is not broken or mailfunctioned - so it doesnt get heat up over normal. Ofcourse it gets heat up a little bit if I talk longtime, wifi tethering and charging - all at a same time!!!
Also, it doesnt hang or lag - because it rooted it, deleted bloatware (ICS) and select apps that are considered the best! So, no problems if device is not broken.
So it would be nice if you post also what repair service said about your device! If you dont know how to use it or optimize it to suit your needs, that doesnt mean phone is bad. It says more about you than your phone...and it would be like that with every phone or brand you use! Every phone needs optimizing!
My girlfriend bought xperia Z - and she get it to restart is self few times...she tryed to run few times video that is over 25Mbps (lgcamera) and broken...and one more time - I dont know what she did...anyways - even 4x1,5Gz and 2GB RAM and 16GB space can be crushed, overheat, lag, hang, restart...if you dont root, delete bloatware, maybe use other ROM or atleast get some patches or mods that correct problems...
You mean Sony make phone perfect? Is there perfect phone at all - i would get one also! ;)
But for now I think Ray is perfect for me!
dunat, 03 May 2013Im using this for almost 1 year. I just observe that:
1. Deleting too many thread messages ca... more1. Delete messages more often - ofcourse if you have few thousends of messages you get hang and it takes time!
2. If you use it - it uses battery. Every phone uses battery if you use it, and if dont use - it doesnt use battery, or uses little bit. If turned off, and battery out - it will get drained in few months or years...it degrade with time also - deppending on temperature and quality...
3. It should get hot when charged - but everything up to 46C is ok...
4. It hangs and drags and lags if you dont optimize it...root and delete bloatware!
1. Delete all messages you dont REALY need!
2. Search for better ROM, there are some battery friendly ROMs...I use stock, it is very god ratio battery/performance...enough for me! Also, in stock root, delete bloatware - select apps that have good optimizations...
3. Charge with weaker charger - my phone charger is 850mA, and BT charger (for SE VH410) is 500mA -slower charging, less temperature. But everything up to 46C is safe and OK - same like when using!
4. Root, delete bloatware and use apps smart - quickpic instead stock gallery, ex dialer instead stock dialer (dont delete it, you can delete stock galery).
5. Use SUS to upgrade to ICS, after that do factory reset and then everything else...Do restart here and there...that helps when in problems.
Im using this for almost 1 year. I just observe that:
1. Deleting too many thread messages can cause hang up of your phone.
2. Using more app or wifi can drain the battery easily.
3. The phone gets hot if I charge it.
4.And lastly. Hang up hang up hang up. :( it occurs if the phone is hot, if you close/open apps that maybe eats so much of the RAM.