For those who want to know what is this phone about:
- you can get 1-2 days of usage, maybe even more with light usage...and you will go through the day with heavy usage
- You can get 12-14Mbps 720p (HD) video with stereo mp3 320kbps sound - that is realy good for phone that price and size
- Very good pictures - use lgcamera for photo and video - i get better results...play a little bit with stock, mods (cybershot mod on xda), lgcamera, or other apps...vignette for auto-flash
- BT, Wifi, Wifi tethering, usb tethering, micro sd 32 GB for sure (some say to get 64GB to work) - everything works flawlessly
- You can video skype, use navigation
Only thing is - you must optimize it: how?
- Update to ICS (for example, it is great), after that factory reset. Now it should be lag free. After that, root and delete bloatware (80+apps). Now use apps that are optimized - people say they are excellent!
Facebook isnt sample of very well optimized app...avoid it.
For details, read previous posts - i wrote about that stuff...but all in one place in month or so...But it isnt so complicated: One more time - SUS update, factory reset, root, remove bloatware, choose apps wisely.
Newbi, 05 May 2013Hi Ica
I am seeing the posts done by you..seems u are having great knowledge about this phone... moreYou can contact me on PM on xda-developers page:
I dont have a lot of knowladge, just experence I gathered during adjusting my Ray...And that was a process of few months...so Im trying to help if someone need - most of people like me can find answers alredy on net...but it requires a lot of investigating and learning new stuff... So I remember how I was few months ago when didnt know what means CWM or how to flash kernel and not brick phone etc...most people on forums etc considered that everyone have some knowladge about that stuff...but I ask what is CWM, what to fash, how, what, what...
When I find time, I will put together some guide for Ray - maybe in one-two months...Altho, all that can be found on xda - I plain to make it for someone who doesnt know what is root, cwm, or even english...with pictures... :D
Prolay, 05 May 2013Today at morning, when I turn-on the bluetooth of my xperia ray it's continuing restarting its... moreUpdate/repair with SUS, factory reset. If problem persists - send to repair service!
Today at morning, when I turn-on the bluetooth of my xperia ray it's continuing restarting itself, now I can't use my phone. Any one can help me what do I now? How it stop to restarting. pleas help me.
today at morning, when I on the Bluetooth of my xperia ray it continuing to restart itself, now i can't use my phone, any help me what can i do now?????
Ica, 03 May 2013Dont post how Ray is bad and lag and hang or heat up or dont work - first send it to repair se... moreHi Ica
I am seeing the posts done by you..seems u are having great knowledge about this phone...
Is it possible to contact you , actually I am having xperia ray but i dont have enough knowledge about the phone. I felt that I am simply using the mobile for taking pics, videos and internet...by seeing ur posts I am realising the mobile has got great features..so can you help me to understand this mobile.
so that only I asked if it possible to contact you by anyway?
waiting for ur reply
Shri, 01 May 2013Hello all,
i am using Xperia ray since june 2012, about 7 months its worked very fine know ... moreyou may perform a factory reset and install as less apps as possible. please make sure about your contact, sms etc backup.
Dont post how Ray is bad and lag and hang or heat up or dont work - first send it to repair service! Every phone or device can get mailfunction, actualy - they make it to last for limited time and then to mailfunction!!!
But I consider my Ray is not broken or mailfunctioned - so it doesnt get heat up over normal. Ofcourse it gets heat up a little bit if I talk longtime, wifi tethering and charging - all at a same time!!!
Also, it doesnt hang or lag - because it rooted it, deleted bloatware (ICS) and select apps that are considered the best! So, no problems if device is not broken.
So it would be nice if you post also what repair service said about your device! If you dont know how to use it or optimize it to suit your needs, that doesnt mean phone is bad. It says more about you than your phone...and it would be like that with every phone or brand you use! Every phone needs optimizing!
My girlfriend bought xperia Z - and she get it to restart is self few times...she tryed to run few times video that is over 25Mbps (lgcamera) and broken...and one more time - I dont know what she did...anyways - even 4x1,5Gz and 2GB RAM and 16GB space can be crushed, overheat, lag, hang, restart...if you dont root, delete bloatware, maybe use other ROM or atleast get some patches or mods that correct problems...
You mean Sony make phone perfect? Is there perfect phone at all - i would get one also! ;)
But for now I think Ray is perfect for me!
dunat, 03 May 2013Im using this for almost 1 year. I just observe that:
1. Deleting too many thread messages ca... more1. Delete messages more often - ofcourse if you have few thousends of messages you get hang and it takes time!
2. If you use it - it uses battery. Every phone uses battery if you use it, and if dont use - it doesnt use battery, or uses little bit. If turned off, and battery out - it will get drained in few months or years...it degrade with time also - deppending on temperature and quality...
3. It should get hot when charged - but everything up to 46C is ok...
4. It hangs and drags and lags if you dont optimize it...root and delete bloatware!
1. Delete all messages you dont REALY need!
2. Search for better ROM, there are some battery friendly ROMs...I use stock, it is very god ratio battery/performance...enough for me! Also, in stock root, delete bloatware - select apps that have good optimizations...
3. Charge with weaker charger - my phone charger is 850mA, and BT charger (for SE VH410) is 500mA -slower charging, less temperature. But everything up to 46C is safe and OK - same like when using!
4. Root, delete bloatware and use apps smart - quickpic instead stock gallery, ex dialer instead stock dialer (dont delete it, you can delete stock galery).
5. Use SUS to upgrade to ICS, after that do factory reset and then everything else...Do restart here and there...that helps when in problems.
Im using this for almost 1 year. I just observe that:
1. Deleting too many thread messages can cause hang up of your phone.
2. Using more app or wifi can drain the battery easily.
3. The phone gets hot if I charge it.
4.And lastly. Hang up hang up hang up. :( it occurs if the phone is hot, if you close/open apps that maybe eats so much of the RAM.
Hope they would release new os update for 2011 phones... Maybe something closer to JB w/o loosing the adobe flash function. Enhance the browser and music player settings ( able to edit song name and artist.)
AZEEM KHAN, 01 May 2013Hi frndz !!!!!
I m using this mob app. 1 year back..
The touch ,superb
Camera , Great
Ba... moreBattery is ok - simillar to other phones - 1-2 days. Try to root and delete bloatware, use other dialer. If that doesnt help - send your device to repair service!
I connect calls in 1 sec. Dont know what are you talking about...?
Best Hadeset this modeal very nice all pictures.... Hadaling very easy... very cheap modeal this Hadeset...
Hi frndz !!!!!
I m using this mob app. 1 year back..
The touch ,superb
Camera , Great
but the blunder fault is its hanging problem, if u want to make a call then u should atleast have one min to connect a call, some times u will have to disconnect its battery and then make it restart while using any app and u want to exit !!!!!!
i am using Xperia ray since june 2012, about 7 months its worked very fine know display is not working & if we use phone for 5 min its getting hotter. if you want to use for short term it is very gooooood, long term very bad.
sorry for my bad English............
dfj, 28 Apr 2013what the meaning 300 MB user avaible? Is it in. storage only 300 MB?it means that out of 1 gb, only 300 mb can access by user. the remaining 700 mb is for the phone (like apps)
don't worry, there is a memory card slot up to 32 gb.