Shri, 01 May 2013Hello all,
i am using Xperia ray since june 2012, about 7 months its worked very fine know ... moreyou may perform a factory reset and install as less apps as possible. please make sure about your contact, sms etc backup.
Dont post how Ray is bad and lag and hang or heat up or dont work - first send it to repair service! Every phone or device can get mailfunction, actualy - they make it to last for limited time and then to mailfunction!!!
But I consider my Ray is not broken or mailfunctioned - so it doesnt get heat up over normal. Ofcourse it gets heat up a little bit if I talk longtime, wifi tethering and charging - all at a same time!!!
Also, it doesnt hang or lag - because it rooted it, deleted bloatware (ICS) and select apps that are considered the best! So, no problems if device is not broken.
So it would be nice if you post also what repair service said about your device! If you dont know how to use it or optimize it to suit your needs, that doesnt mean phone is bad. It says more about you than your phone...and it would be like that with every phone or brand you use! Every phone needs optimizing!
My girlfriend bought xperia Z - and she get it to restart is self few times...she tryed to run few times video that is over 25Mbps (lgcamera) and broken...and one more time - I dont know what she did...anyways - even 4x1,5Gz and 2GB RAM and 16GB space can be crushed, overheat, lag, hang, restart...if you dont root, delete bloatware, maybe use other ROM or atleast get some patches or mods that correct problems...
You mean Sony make phone perfect? Is there perfect phone at all - i would get one also! ;)
But for now I think Ray is perfect for me!
dunat, 03 May 2013Im using this for almost 1 year. I just observe that:
1. Deleting too many thread messages ca... more1. Delete messages more often - ofcourse if you have few thousends of messages you get hang and it takes time!
2. If you use it - it uses battery. Every phone uses battery if you use it, and if dont use - it doesnt use battery, or uses little bit. If turned off, and battery out - it will get drained in few months or years...it degrade with time also - deppending on temperature and quality...
3. It should get hot when charged - but everything up to 46C is ok...
4. It hangs and drags and lags if you dont optimize it...root and delete bloatware!
1. Delete all messages you dont REALY need!
2. Search for better ROM, there are some battery friendly ROMs...I use stock, it is very god ratio battery/performance...enough for me! Also, in stock root, delete bloatware - select apps that have good optimizations...
3. Charge with weaker charger - my phone charger is 850mA, and BT charger (for SE VH410) is 500mA -slower charging, less temperature. But everything up to 46C is safe and OK - same like when using!
4. Root, delete bloatware and use apps smart - quickpic instead stock gallery, ex dialer instead stock dialer (dont delete it, you can delete stock galery).
5. Use SUS to upgrade to ICS, after that do factory reset and then everything else...Do restart here and there...that helps when in problems.
Im using this for almost 1 year. I just observe that:
1. Deleting too many thread messages can cause hang up of your phone.
2. Using more app or wifi can drain the battery easily.
3. The phone gets hot if I charge it.
4.And lastly. Hang up hang up hang up. :( it occurs if the phone is hot, if you close/open apps that maybe eats so much of the RAM.
Hope they would release new os update for 2011 phones... Maybe something closer to JB w/o loosing the adobe flash function. Enhance the browser and music player settings ( able to edit song name and artist.)
AZEEM KHAN, 01 May 2013Hi frndz !!!!!
I m using this mob app. 1 year back..
The touch ,superb
Camera , Great
Ba... moreBattery is ok - simillar to other phones - 1-2 days. Try to root and delete bloatware, use other dialer. If that doesnt help - send your device to repair service!
I connect calls in 1 sec. Dont know what are you talking about...?
Best Hadeset this modeal very nice all pictures.... Hadaling very easy... very cheap modeal this Hadeset...
Hi frndz !!!!!
I m using this mob app. 1 year back..
The touch ,superb
Camera , Great
but the blunder fault is its hanging problem, if u want to make a call then u should atleast have one min to connect a call, some times u will have to disconnect its battery and then make it restart while using any app and u want to exit !!!!!!
i am using Xperia ray since june 2012, about 7 months its worked very fine know display is not working & if we use phone for 5 min its getting hotter. if you want to use for short term it is very gooooood, long term very bad.
sorry for my bad English............
dfj, 28 Apr 2013what the meaning 300 MB user avaible? Is it in. storage only 300 MB?it means that out of 1 gb, only 300 mb can access by user. the remaining 700 mb is for the phone (like apps)
don't worry, there is a memory card slot up to 32 gb.
jeby, 26 Apr 2013How can i delete the blotware?Google it - i wrote here but post wasnt published!? dont know why...
dfj, 28 Apr 2013what the meaning 300 MB user avaible? Is it in. storage only 300 MB?Yes, /data/app partition (user available) for your apps is 300 or 400mb (GB or ICS). But you can root, delete bloatware and get 250 or 150 mb on /system/app. Then you can convert apps to system - utilize that free space. Also, you integrate update in to system (gmail, youtube, play store,...those double apps)
Guy si hv a problem,..
My ray is restarting when I use internet and also when I'mgetting a call. Sometimes it restartingwhen its standby. But without sim,it is great.. No troubles, no restarting.
sherif, 26 Apr 2013When I try to transfer any media file 'dowloaded from youtube to my computer' to the phone, I ... moreUse mx video player app. And for explorer - ex file explorer...generaly - use android play market to search for apps you need!
jhon-BD, 26 Apr 2013can I use my ray as a modem to connect to internet by my pc. if yes so how ? please show the step...hi jhon-BD!
yes, you can use your xperia ray as a modem for your PC. it is called tethering & portable hotspot, so it means you're going to use your phone as a modem with its wi-fi connection.
First, make sure you are subscribed to your data plan and your pc or notebook is able to connect to the wi-fi connection.
Second, open 'settings', then select 'more...'
Next, select 'Tethering & Portable Hotspot'
Then, tick on the 'Portable wi-fi hotspot' box. your wi-fi will be activated and the tethering will be activated too
Next, select the 'configure wi-fi hotspot'. fill in the SSID with the name you'd like to (you can also leave it as it is), and change your password (this password will be asked when your pc is connected to the phone), then select 'save'
After that, turn on the wi-fi on your pc/notebook and you'll detect your phone. just connect it just like you usually do when connecting to the wi-fi in a coffee shop. It will ask for the password, then type the password you just entered on the phone earlier.
it is based on my own experience, I hope it helps.