I got x1i few days back and m veri satisfied with the performance but some things which are annoying are
1. the lock key at the top of the fone, which is a bit difficult to use
2. sending a message z a hard thing to do, ofcourse it ll take time to be familiar
3. qwerty key board was working quite well, but keys r very small, but ofcourse then they cant give bigger then this.
the best features are
1. Video quality...its awesum
2. Stereo z quite good
3. it supports upto 32GB card ...thats make it a mini laptop you know
4. light in weight n small in size..can easily fill my jeans pocket
I have a X1 from switzerland, it has only deutch and french. Can someone pls tell me, if i install the firmware APP_SW_X1i_GENERIC_UK_KOV_R2A.rar, will continue to work in Switzerland????
hector711, 04 Feb 2009this the best looking SE mobile phone there is! but is also rubbish!
i'm talking from a perso... moreyou make me laugh too hhaha
i advice u to sell your X1 ASAP n buy omnia or nokia phone but iam satisfied with x1...
i have used x1 for 2 months n x1 has good sensitive screen, video and flexible concept.
there are many SE enemies now...i like it...
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970haha you just make me laugh haha..
16M colors ? yes i know that it is a big number but your nokia screen resolution quality is too small to support the colors, wasting money. actualy you dont enjoy the colors at full quality but you must pay it hehe i wish you can enjoy the colors as much as 16 MILLION COLORS by your eyes haha...how sad you are...
you said that nokia has higher screen resolution than X1...oh i see you just talk without knowlegdes
your comment is useless here, you are just a fanatic boy
this the best looking SE mobile phone there is! but is also rubbish!
i'm talking from a personal experience! the touch screen is just a joke i'm experiencing problems ! just after a month of usage! im WinMo but this one is rubbish trust me! if you want a WinMo based cellphone buy the OMNIA! if you are a fan of multimedia buy NOKIA! this phone is just RUBBISH
Why video clip taken on N958GB transfered to xperia x1 lags so much? It takes about 30 seconds to open the file on screen and than begins lag...?Its imposible to watch..? This suppose to be a multimedia phone..?
Hello. Where can I find 100% free on-screen keyboard for xperia? There are 100 sites for apps but they require payment. Is there any site where the apps are 100% free? Keyboard on screen is way too small for typing. Please send few links...
hello everyone.. i really like this phone and i am willing to get it even if the price is very high but is it good? will it break? Please help
can any body tell me howz the battry life ane the music of this phone
mrk15, 04 Feb 2009first i return it because of crack near the battery cover...they (sony style store) are kind e... more stopping lying would be a good start!
XperiaTweak - Ability to choose default panel @ startup + a lot more!
It can be downloaded from this site:
first i return it because of crack near the battery cover...they (sony style store) are kind enough to exchange it..then need to return for the second time because it wont update/connect to the sony ericsson update service software....waste of time and money...i like the phone though....but what can i do...
I've had the xperia x1 some 9weeks.I must say a couple of system changes do make a big difference ,programs like xperiatweak and sktools make this easy.Xperia is a briliant piece of kit and the screen is absolutely terrific
indra, 03 Feb 2009where can you get the firmware app : here you are : http://rapidshare.com/users/ENCD8Lmy x1 is italian language,do you hav any idea to change language?from italian language to english,thank you in advance
where can you get the firmware app :
here you are :
To install... follow the procedure:
a. Download ROM Image from the links provided in the post.
b. If ZIP/RAR file then unzip/unrar file to your desired location.
c. Check the extension of the extracted file. If it is .image then change it to .nbh.
d. Rename the file to Kovsimg. So now the file-name with extension should be Kovsimg.nbh.
e. Connect your Xperia to your PC/Laptop.
f. Copy the Kovsimg.nbh file to your Xperia's MicroSD Card's root folder.
g. Shut Down Xperia.
h. First hold the volume down key and with that pressed, press the power button.
i. Keep both buttons pressed and Xperia will boot up into a screen with colored lines.
j. It will automatically detect your NBH file on the memory card. If prompted for confirmation to update, let it update. (Yes! you can release the buttons)
Best of Luck!
Here are some things that have been noticed so far with this update firmware :
* The device now boots faster.
* Faster menus - switching tabs in settings is quicker.
* Programs launch quicker and file explorer is quick in loading folders.
* The Vodafone ROM update (not sure if others have this) includes a couple of other additional trial games including Bubble Bash, Block Breaker Deluxe, and Tetris Mania.
* Bluetooth Problem reported to be fixed. (I didn’t face any bluetooth problems with the old software and am not facing any now.)
* Wi-Fi bug fixed.
* Panel animation is a bit smoother, Overall a faster panels experience.
* Video playback has improved a lot! CP benchmark on a video resulted in 90-92% on the old ROM and is now increased to 98%.
* Word prediction in most text-boxes.
* Media Panel improvements including; music indexing is a lot faster, image scrolling is almost as smooth as it should be, changing tracks show information about the track at the bottom of the screen, and most importantly it now only shows pictures from the My Pictures and Camera folders on the main and internal storage – say goodbye to all those images from program files and windows showing up.
* Camera improvements include faster focus lock and more stable focus. Preview is also smoother and introduces a new setting letting you define the frame rate to use for the video to shoot.
* Furthermore, I think they updated the 3D drivers too. TouchFlo 3D is running way smooth - especially the Pictures and Media tabs! (flicking through pictures and music is quick and smooth) + Slide2Play is performing much better with this new updated ROM; quicker and smoother movement in landscape, switches album/song images correctly on song change, and so on.