indra, 03 Feb 2009where can you get the firmware app : here you are : http://rapidshare.com/users/ENCD8Lmy x1 is italian language,do you hav any idea to change language?from italian language to english,thank you in advance
where can you get the firmware app :
here you are :
To install... follow the procedure:
a. Download ROM Image from the links provided in the post.
b. If ZIP/RAR file then unzip/unrar file to your desired location.
c. Check the extension of the extracted file. If it is .image then change it to .nbh.
d. Rename the file to Kovsimg. So now the file-name with extension should be Kovsimg.nbh.
e. Connect your Xperia to your PC/Laptop.
f. Copy the Kovsimg.nbh file to your Xperia's MicroSD Card's root folder.
g. Shut Down Xperia.
h. First hold the volume down key and with that pressed, press the power button.
i. Keep both buttons pressed and Xperia will boot up into a screen with colored lines.
j. It will automatically detect your NBH file on the memory card. If prompted for confirmation to update, let it update. (Yes! you can release the buttons)
Best of Luck!
Here are some things that have been noticed so far with this update firmware :
* The device now boots faster.
* Faster menus - switching tabs in settings is quicker.
* Programs launch quicker and file explorer is quick in loading folders.
* The Vodafone ROM update (not sure if others have this) includes a couple of other additional trial games including Bubble Bash, Block Breaker Deluxe, and Tetris Mania.
* Bluetooth Problem reported to be fixed. (I didn’t face any bluetooth problems with the old software and am not facing any now.)
* Wi-Fi bug fixed.
* Panel animation is a bit smoother, Overall a faster panels experience.
* Video playback has improved a lot! CP benchmark on a video resulted in 90-92% on the old ROM and is now increased to 98%.
* Word prediction in most text-boxes.
* Media Panel improvements including; music indexing is a lot faster, image scrolling is almost as smooth as it should be, changing tracks show information about the track at the bottom of the screen, and most importantly it now only shows pictures from the My Pictures and Camera folders on the main and internal storage – say goodbye to all those images from program files and windows showing up.
* Camera improvements include faster focus lock and more stable focus. Preview is also smoother and introduces a new setting letting you define the frame rate to use for the video to shoot.
* Furthermore, I think they updated the 3D drivers too. TouchFlo 3D is running way smooth - especially the Pictures and Media tabs! (flicking through pictures and music is quick and smooth) + Slide2Play is performing much better with this new updated ROM; quicker and smoother movement in landscape, switches album/song images correctly on song change, and so on.
Please my good friends, does anyone know how to simply upgrade the X1 firmware, since i understand it helps the processing speed. I noticed that after installing the facebook panel, my phone slows down while being accessed.
Secondly, is there any application that can be used without bugs for G-talk on X1?
Please, can someone tell me , about screen touch, sensitivity, And about the speed of processing the information.
Based on personal experience.
Is there a way I can forward a message or a conversation or either one?
How do i delete an appication and a program completly from my X1...I tried file manager and it deleted the program.. however it still shows in my program list (however the file doesnt open) . Also how can i delete application setups permanently?
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970iam sorry bro
have you heard that HTC just manufacture the x1 and not made it?
i can tell you, x1 is made by SE..
Media player is made by SE, we all know that SE can make Music and video parts by their shelves even no one phone of HTC has VGA video resolution.Yes SE has good image of camera and walkman phone.
Window mobile is made by microsoft
Google and facebook are not made by HTC
Is the X1 made by HTC?
remember, x1 has WVGA screen first then HTC HD, does it mean HTC HD copied X1?
we talk with facts
alfremar, 02 Feb 2009Hi indra! do you have thr link where yo updated your X1 firmware? because in another forum I'... morehttp://rapidshare.com/users/ENCD8L
S, 02 Feb 2009I would like to know how to download maps, updates etc while connected to the Laptop through U... moreI'm annoyd it was suppose to be the best phone available & now I can't use the gps because I still need to download maps????
I also have problem connecting the phone to the PC???
How do I go about this?
Can anybody help me.
indra, 02 Feb 2009slow rotation 9 panels problem from potrait to landscape is gone, now my xperia is very fast, ... moreHi indra! do you have thr link where yo updated your X1 firmware? because in another forum I've readed that "Although Sony DO NOT yet have a firmware update for the Xperia, the update service still gives you the option to restore the phone by reinstalling the currant firmware version..." thanks for tour time!!
Ron, 02 Feb 2009What anti-virus we can use for XPERIA X1? Any link so we could install anti-virus to our unit... moreYou don't need antivirus software.All av will do is slow your phone down.
slow rotation 9 panels problem from potrait to landscape is gone, now my xperia is very fast, i just need more or less 1 sec for rotation,WOW!!!
and if you updates your X1 firmware...volume quality and camera picture quality are increased and many bugs are fixed..thanks to SE :)
Sunny, 02 Feb 2009I have the following questions about this phone 1) How do i change the view of all my contact... moreIf u need to do all this, u have to download and install on your phone: Xperia Tweak 2.0, otherwise making ur contacts shown as First, Last can be done easily via outlook
fady, 02 Feb 2009i just got an xperia after using htc tytn for more than a year.
i find the front buttons ver... moreYea, totally agree, i've been using my Xperia for the past month, and i have to admit the following:
1-Touch screen has to be tapped by the stylus, using the finger is irritating because its not acurate (no way to compare it with the iphone 3g touch screen).
2-The bottons are not smooth and hard to use
3-The optical joystick still needs a lot of improvement before beeing officaly used in a phone.
I would like to know how to download maps, updates etc while connected to the Laptop through USB. (How do i use the existing connection on my laptop in order to download applications etc on my phone?)
i just got an xperia after using htc tytn for more than a year.
i find the front buttons very uncomfortable and hard. my thump is already aching from one day use and i constantly have to use the stylus instead.
anybody has the same problem?
hey kovak buy me one also :)
but ive played with this
it is pretty good
hi, I am considering this phone once its price stabilizes. I want to know about its call recording capabilities and sleep mode alarm (i.e. whether the alarm goes off when the set is off or not). Neither are present in P990i but still its a good fone. Another thing I want to know that r there any applications to use with its camera with more features? plz reply
Log in I forgot my password Sign up