FC, 01 Feb 2009I have recently purchased this phone. All good. But the display doesn't show the batter charge... morego to menu settings system clock&alarm than click more remove the selection display the clock on the title bar in all programs finally you will see the batterie icon on the main screen.
Tej, 01 Feb 2009Execellent for PDA but, internet video very poor. try downloading utube apps for Xperia its amazin!!!
FC, 01 Feb 2009I have recently purchased this phone. All good. But the display doesn't show the batter charge... more
check this site for battery gauge
I have recently purchased this phone. All good. But the display doesn't show the batter charge icon with other default icons. So every time when I want to check how much charge is left, I have to go to 'settings' option or have to tap the small clock icon on the display. Similarly, apart from showing the illumination, the display doesn't show anything when I charge the phone. Is there any solution of it?
x1 has manual accelaration by pressing a soft key or open the keyboard hardware, i like it because i can manage the screen rotation by my self and depend on what i need.i love X1...
is the rotation from potrait to landscape slow? i can say we must wait the proces for more or less 3 sec but it can be toleranted because remember a panel is active and on a panel there are many applications and there are 9 active panels on x1 at once procces so it make the rotation process to be slow down but when you run a application on x1 the rotation is fast..fast.. even faster than HTC touch pro...if you want increase the x1 perfomance you just install application for increasing x1 perfomance quality like tweak, sk tool, advance config ect without problem.
i dont mind about that problem as long as x1 has many better features than other phone..and i can handle this problem :)
iam satisfied with my xperia!!!
imagine!!x1 has 256 MB of RAM then omnia owner say x1 is slow..i ask to you, what will be happen on omnia if omnia use panels concept (remember omnia only has 128 MB of RAM) and x1 use widget concept from omnia? i think x1 is still the winner
i love x1 so much...
about signal problem, i wont comment too much because there are many variables for this problem( maybe the problem from your SIM card provider signal, your location ect) but i dont have the problem because my signal is very good, i just feel strange if you have this problem, actually i dont know about it.
It is the very expensive phone. It shuld have had a noise reduction system like Crystal Talk or Voice Clarity.
panels consept and widget are differ concept, a panel is a desktop and on a destop there will be many applications, widget (you can install widget app in xda developer site) and UI OS...
there are 9 panels on x1, it means you will have 9 differ UI, Widget and applications without uncheck, unistall or replace. now i have 3D touch floo panel, spb shell panel, android panel (in progressing), Iphone panel, facebook panel, youtube panel, google panel ect and omnia panel soon!!
dont ask about application because we can install many application from 3rd developer or SE it self...
and there are more panel will be added soon!!!
yes, x1 is the smartest phone of 2008...
pls dont compare x1 with a high end phone in 2009
X2 is coming soon...
Xperia net, 31 Jan 2009After time with both Omnia and X1 - my conclusions
I posted this earlier but it seems to ... moreyou are right bro..
there are 3 problems on x1 for me, they are:
1. The volume is weak
2. small internal memory
3. The camera quality is also weak
i advice you if you like loud volume on external speaker then go to the other phone that has loud volume what you like but if you use headset on x1, the music quality is great,equaliser? right now iam using Equaliser app from 3rd developer,never mind for me as long as the music quality with headset is greater then omnia because SE music software quality it self on X1 is very good but not in X1 external speaker volume.i hope you can understand what i mean. this is my opinion and experience on x1
btw i heard someone in xda developer can modify the X1 volume setting, i will try it soon.
about camera quality? yes it is weak so go to C series.i have no comment for this weakness! but i have a solution for this, yes omnia camera has more pixels than x1 but unfortunetly the omnia only has wqvga screen quality but x1 has wvga so x1 have much much better picture quality than omnia. the picture quality it self on x1 screen is great and not in camera quality so i take a picture with my k800 camera then send it to the x1, the result is the picture will be 5 times better than my k800 even better than omnia,wow!!!
omnia 5mp camera is useless if the screen is only wqvga but you must pay it. for this, i prefer to choose x1 and i can enjoy a vga video at full quality because x1 has wvga screen quality.
screen quality is the important form factor and with wvga, the expensive features on phone like MPs camera and vga video can be enjoyed. iam satisfied with my x1.
so if sameone want to enjoy :
and better music quality but not in external volume
i advise you choose the x1..
what is the point if you spend much money to buy a phone for expensive features but you can not enjoy at real feature quality it self.Wasting money!!
yes, omnia has 16GB internal memory but omnia RAM is only 128MB.
Anonymous, 01 Feb 2009recently,I have been thinking of changing my phone, mine is p1i and I totally love it for I c... moreerm it's got a hardware qwerty keyboard. Windows handsets come with Microsoft Office mobile.Quickword will seem like a fisher price app in comparison.
recently,I have been thinking of changing my phone, mine is p1i and I totally love it for I could encode the things I need in school ,quickword is awesome!I am hesitant to change it to x1 for the reason that iits keyboard is on the screen
Does any one know if it uses a five-wire resistive touch screen ? I have learned that this type of screen is very durable.
Xperia net, 31 Jan 2009After time with both Omnia and X1 - my conclusions I posted this earlier but it seems to ... moredownload XperiaTweak and change the font size etc. Xperia is like a pc, you don't buy a pc and use windows paint or windows media player. Some cracking 3rd party software for WinMo...use it!
The Omnia is a capable PPC but in all honesty it comes nowhere near the Xperia X1. The Omnia's screen is very poor, yet we have someone telling us it's better than the display sported on the x1! X1's display is rightly regarded as the best in the buisness.
Anonymous, 31 Jan 2009x1 is better than omnia !!!!!!!!!!i had omnia first ...but honeslty
Xperia has no comparision to Omnia...X1 is the best despite bad camera...Man this phone has a style and look Omnia looks like a cheap phone...total plastic cheap but sure it has good things ..
Comparing X1 with omnia is like comparing Motorola razor with an iphone..
After time with both Omnia and X1 - my conclusions
I posted this earlier but it seems to have disappeared!
I own both the X1 and the Omnia, and I just thought I would let you guys know about my conclusions after spending a few days with them.
Don't get me wrong, I love both phones and they are both great devices.
1) X1 has no internal memory storage area, Omnia has 8Gb/16Gb.
2) X1 has no accelerometer, canít use landscape without keyboard. I know you can assign a shortcut, but still.
3) X1 feels really heavy and thick in comparison to the Omnia.
4) Text input is obviously better on the X1 due to the hard keyboard, but again, in practice, I have not found this to be an issue on the Omnia. Once you get used to the on-screen keyboard, it works well, although obviously it takes up some screen real estate.
5) Audio quality is much poorer on the X1. Using Core Player with the same equaliser settings on both phones with the same (excellent) Sony headphones I always use, the Omnia wins hands down for sound quality and volume. Also, changing volume pauses video and music in some apps on the X1.
6) The X1 panels are slow when changing from one to another, and it is very annoying that during the transition the panels show default places, times, dates, etc. until the correct settings are loaded.
7) The X1 screen (in some apps) has poor finger touch capabilities. This is mainly due to the very small buttons. Even though the higher resolution makes small fonts great to read, it makes the X1 almost impossible to use without the stylus. In comparison, I can use my Omnia using only one hand Ė Iíve not even taken the stylus out of the box! The Omnia is so much easier to use, due to its larger screen and larger fonts. Incidentally, the screen does feel quite a lot bigger on the Omnia. Even though itís only about 12% bigger in area, it seems more.
8) Pity that the X1 screen was recessed as that makes using the scroolbars at the side a lot more akward without the stylus. Omnia has a great totally flat screen.
9) X1's screen is a lot duller than the Omnia. The Omnia is very noticeably brighter and clearer.
10) X1 video quality is superior obviously, and this is a big benefit.
11) The X1 has a lot less built-in apps. Some that are missing include Touch Player, Smart Convertor, Smart Reader, etc. Does the X1 have a music player with an equaliser?
12) Canít connect to BBC Live TV, the site just says Ďthis device isnít supportedí. This may, of course, come soon, but the Omnia works well here.
13) X1 camera canít zoom at 3mp and there is no flash! Quality of images is good though, and unless the Omnia is set for added sharpening and saturation the X1 has a more pleasing image capture.
14) Poor signal strength. In my home, X1 shows between 0 and 2 and drops calls regularly, whereas Omnia shows 2-3 and I've never lost signal. (Incidentally, my K810i shows 5-6! All on Vodafone BTW.)
So, as I said I love both phones, but if I was to choose one, it would definitely be the Omnia - just!