Anonymous, 01 Feb 2009recently,I have been thinking of changing my phone, mine is p1i and I totally love it for I c... moreerm it's got a hardware qwerty keyboard. Windows handsets come with Microsoft Office mobile.Quickword will seem like a fisher price app in comparison.
recently,I have been thinking of changing my phone, mine is p1i and I totally love it for I could encode the things I need in school ,quickword is awesome!I am hesitant to change it to x1 for the reason that iits keyboard is on the screen
Does any one know if it uses a five-wire resistive touch screen ? I have learned that this type of screen is very durable.
Xperia net, 31 Jan 2009After time with both Omnia and X1 - my conclusions I posted this earlier but it seems to ... moredownload XperiaTweak and change the font size etc. Xperia is like a pc, you don't buy a pc and use windows paint or windows media player. Some cracking 3rd party software for WinMo...use it!
The Omnia is a capable PPC but in all honesty it comes nowhere near the Xperia X1. The Omnia's screen is very poor, yet we have someone telling us it's better than the display sported on the x1! X1's display is rightly regarded as the best in the buisness.
Anonymous, 31 Jan 2009x1 is better than omnia !!!!!!!!!!i had omnia first ...but honeslty
Xperia has no comparision to Omnia...X1 is the best despite bad camera...Man this phone has a style and look Omnia looks like a cheap phone...total plastic cheap but sure it has good things ..
Comparing X1 with omnia is like comparing Motorola razor with an iphone..
Xperia net, 31 Jan 2009After time with both Omnia and X1 - my conclusions I posted this earlier but it seems to ... morex1 is better than omnia !!!!!!!!!!
After time with both Omnia and X1 - my conclusions
I posted this earlier but it seems to have disappeared!
I own both the X1 and the Omnia, and I just thought I would let you guys know about my conclusions after spending a few days with them.
Don't get me wrong, I love both phones and they are both great devices.
1) X1 has no internal memory storage area, Omnia has 8Gb/16Gb.
2) X1 has no accelerometer, can’t use landscape without keyboard. I know you can assign a shortcut, but still.
3) X1 feels really heavy and thick in comparison to the Omnia.
4) Text input is obviously better on the X1 due to the hard keyboard, but again, in practice, I have not found this to be an issue on the Omnia. Once you get used to the on-screen keyboard, it works well, although obviously it takes up some screen real estate.
5) Audio quality is much poorer on the X1. Using Core Player with the same equaliser settings on both phones with the same (excellent) Sony headphones I always use, the Omnia wins hands down for sound quality and volume. Also, changing volume pauses video and music in some apps on the X1.
6) The X1 panels are slow when changing from one to another, and it is very annoying that during the transition the panels show default places, times, dates, etc. until the correct settings are loaded.
7) The X1 screen (in some apps) has poor finger touch capabilities. This is mainly due to the very small buttons. Even though the higher resolution makes small fonts great to read, it makes the X1 almost impossible to use without the stylus. In comparison, I can use my Omnia using only one hand – I’ve not even taken the stylus out of the box! The Omnia is so much easier to use, due to its larger screen and larger fonts. Incidentally, the screen does feel quite a lot bigger on the Omnia. Even though it’s only about 12% bigger in area, it seems more.
8) Pity that the X1 screen was recessed as that makes using the scroolbars at the side a lot more akward without the stylus. Omnia has a great totally flat screen.
9) X1's screen is a lot duller than the Omnia. The Omnia is very noticeably brighter and clearer.
10) X1 video quality is superior obviously, and this is a big benefit.
11) The X1 has a lot less built-in apps. Some that are missing include Touch Player, Smart Convertor, Smart Reader, etc. Does the X1 have a music player with an equaliser?
12) Can’t connect to BBC Live TV, the site just says ‘this device isn’t supported’. This may, of course, come soon, but the Omnia works well here.
13) X1 camera can’t zoom at 3mp and there is no flash! Quality of images is good though, and unless the Omnia is set for added sharpening and saturation the X1 has a more pleasing image capture.
14) Poor signal strength. In my home, X1 shows between 0 and 2 and drops calls regularly, whereas Omnia shows 2-3 and I've never lost signal. (Incidentally, my K810i shows 5-6! All on Vodafone BTW.)
So, as I said I love both phones, but if I was to choose one, it would definitely be the Omnia - just!
i have both omnia n xperia and i must say,omnia kick xperia's ass big time...why u ask?? here's why...
*note:comparison are based on out of box experience.
1)accelerometer based applications + games rules,
2)camera rules,camera features like face detection,smile detection,mutiple scenery mode,lanscape mode,business card scanner,5mp still can zoom in(xperia 3mp but cannot zoom,only can zoom at 2mp settings & below)
3)samsung provide on going official firmware update
4)"end user" provide on going custom firmware update
5)omnia code like *#0002*28346# allow volume cuztomisation.So far there's no such code for xperia volume hack yet.but i could be wrong
6)built in 8gb or 16gb memory.(dun even need a micro sd card anymore)
7)omnia widget is far more useful compare to xperia panel(especially the stupid fish panel)
8)Taking pics with xperia is a pain!! camera shutter speed is too slow.really need a super steady hand to take decent pics or else pics will blurr!!
indra, 30 Jan 2009message tone : start>>setting>>sound & notifications>>notifications battery status shoul... morehi indra,,glad you are still helping out on forum,, i have been using xperia 2 months with no probs but recently bought innov8 purley because not a big touchscreen fan..However the difference in battery life a apps and custmisation in experia outdoes inn0v8..I gave up on this forum cause of mstl and others hiding behind proxy serververs dishing out the same continuall junk just cause they cannot have an xperia..Its childlike and obssessive compulsive disorder and they repeat the same things that have been reported in some very small complaints..i have had none of the sheer rubbish mstl goes on about..Carry on your good work Indra i will pop by now and again..
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970WOW, you're amazing at copying and pasting stuff, I think many of the people here have yet to master this skill.
I'm still trying to figure why people think Winmo is going to sink. People have been running around saying this for the last couple years. It's like chicken little running around crying "the sky is falling". They shipped 5 million units last quarter. The devices with the Tegra chip that will start shipping this year will ALL be based off of WinCE or WinMo. People are already ripping on WM6.5 but, have yet to actually use a full ROM. A WM6.1 ROM with some WM6.5 beta components cooked in don't count either. Also people are already ripping on WM7 and its still far from being out. And then there's people always screaming where's the multitouch(I used to be one). Why would you expect useable multitouch on a mobile device when it has yet to even really hit the mainstream desktop and laptop world. If the Tegra devices ship this year like they are supposed to, MS will be fine as there won't be much on the mobile landscape that will have the power to compete with it. At least if Nvidia's specs aren't too inflated. And last I saw some of HTC's new devices are supposed to be sporting the Tegra(There won't be any other mobile devices on the market for a little while that can play or capture HD720p. The 3D power it has is unreal for a portable device.). You know those devices are WinMo as Tegra only supports WinCE & WinMo.
In Announcements, Applications, Developer, Hottest Hardware, Sony Ericsson, Windows Mobile
We never get tired of software updates that promise to speed up or add functionality to our smartphones. One of the hottest smartphones of the year has just gotten its first firmware update. The Sony Ericsson (NYSE: SNE) XPERIA X1 has apparently been spotted on EMMA, which is Sony Ericsson’s service software intended for service centers to update devices. The new Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 firmware has apparently hit version 1.03.936.6 and bears the R2A designation.
The new firmware build has been reported to speed up boot-times and decrease signal-acquisition times, but an official change-log has yet to emerge. Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 owners in the US will be looking for the “X1a GENERIC NAM CDF1219-1224 KOV_R2AA008.rar” file on EMMA (Google (NSDQ: GOOG) is your friend).
This is EMMA
This is EMMA
Those of you lucky enough to actually own a Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 should take note - regardless of what error messages you might see, updating to the v1.03.936.6 ROM will indeed update your XPERIA X1 with the newest firmware.
As always, back-up your data before updating your firmware. It might also be a good idea to give the xda-developers thread on the XPERIA X1 firmware update.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Well since all that WM 7 will bring is new UI, expesialy all setings will be thumb cahngable i don't realy care. You change setting only once, for using phone you just download UI apllication, so WM 7 is not that big thing for me. But of course it is for many people who want out of the box working mobile phone.
Well i will simply upgrade to WM 7 in early 2010 on my experia :)
push email like blueberry
wvga resolution screen
long life baterry
vga video at 30 fps and picture on wvga screen
you will have an experience to use qwerty, touch screen,optical trackpad and dpad at once time
you will enjoy many UI like 3Dtouch floo, iphone, android, omnia, spb shell with many skin, throttle ect on a x1 panel
there are many high end applications you can download
things what you want will be on x1!!you never get boring with X1trust me!!
hassan, 30 Jan 2009Can anyone help me out that how to change the mesage tone?? and also how the battery meter wil... more>>How the battery meter will apper in the quick launch?
It does not appear automatically. I downloaded Xperia Tweak2 from www.cliffords.nu Allow lots of easy configurations
Can this mobile edit Word, Excel, Power Point files lkie E71 and other HTC sets?
indra, 30 Jan 2009dont worry bro...
time by time, x1 always be updated by SE and still under warranty...like ... moreThanks bro,
What you say makes sense.
Do you know if SE have changed the case strength ? Many posts about cracking....how is yours ?
hassan, 30 Jan 2009Can anyone help me out that how to change the mesage tone?? and also how the battery meter wil... moremessage tone :
start>>setting>>sound & notifications>>notifications
battery status should be in title bar automaticly
SUNJAY, 30 Jan 2009why this phone is too costly ?Why costly? It costs the same as Omnia, and less than Touch pro!!
Log in I forgot my password Sign up