this phone is one of the best phone sony e have made the speed of the phone is great
Photo Contacts PRO v5.10
What's new in Photo Contacts PRO (Pocket PC) 5.10:
· NEW Support for Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, Verizon HTC Touch PRO, AT&T Fuze, Alltel HTC Diamond/Touch PRO, Treo 800w, Treo PRO, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch HD, HTC Touch PRO, Sprint Diamond, Sprint Touch PRO, Samsung Omnia, Toshiba g900, HTC Touch 3G, Samsung Epix, Samsung Saga
· NEW Profile Picker button and on-screen touchable menus enable you to quickly switch phone profiles with your finger whether you use TouchFlo or the regular Windows Mobile Today screen. The profile picker button will also show you which phone profile is currently active.
· NEW Added full support for VGA (480x640), WVGA (480x800), Square QVGA (320x320) and WQVGA (240x400) resolutions
· Full support for Full Screen Photo Caller ID, SMS Tones and SMS Photo notifications on HTC Diamond, HTC Touch PRO, HTC Touch HD, Xperia X1
· Full support for Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 and its 480x800 screen resolution
· Today Screen Plugin support for VGA, WVGA and square QVGA resolutions
· New setup procedure allowing you to pick a Theme, enable Home Screen Enhancements and Un-clutter the Today screen at startup
· Easy way to pick a pre-defined temporary timed profile with the Profile Picker (i.e. Silent for 2 hours, Loud for 30 minutes)
· Support for Profile Picker button and All Contacts button with TouchFlo
· Support for Profile Picker button on Xperia X1 and its Panel interface
· Updated Business Photo Caller ID - improved text visibility with shadows, increased button tappable area, increased picture size
· Photo Contacts PRO can now un-clutter the Windows Mobile Today Screen by removing un-necessary sections/plugins
· Ability to switch profiles with command line parameters
· New hi-resolution themes
· Fixed issue where Ignore/forwarding would not immediately send call to voicemail on some devices when a data connection is active
· Redesigned buttons for Today Screen plugin, hi-res support
· Samsung Omnia i900 vibration support for SMS tones
· Recipient name is added to sent SMS messages
· Enhancements for Automatic Profiles
· New program icons
· Enhanced category ringtone support
· Filter #777 in recent calls
· Many other minor enhancements
As I have time to waste the last few days I read through some posts. This is my observation.
Waste of time
Most of the posts here ( and on the other threads) are ABSOLUTELY BIASED. Some are even ridicules. This is probably adding to reduced productivity in the workplace.
Most posts here and in the other threads is either heaven or hell. I did compare this thread with the Nokia N96 and N97. Exactly the same trend.
My humble view.
I have been using Ericsson phones since mobiles became available. (Mostly top end phones) When I received the Xperia I were fairly disappointed with a lot of features. I took me 2 weeks to really accept the phone. It ultimately came down to the user interface and how things are done on a MinMo phone.
Because me and the kids tried everything on the phone it became harder to use as the 'desktop' were now so modified that I did not know where to look for what. This is Windows with all the pros and cons ;-(
I then reset the phone and loaded XperiaTweak to change a few defaults that I liked during our initial 2 weeks.
Comments relating to some messages in this and the other threads.
1. Battery. It seems as if all Li-Ion batteries get better with age. (found that in Nokia and other phones as well) I only charge my phones if the battery is close to flat. (old habit) The talk time is now up from 30 min to over 110 minutes.
2. Camera and connections. Wi-Fi worked out of the box on my protected network. Bluetooth worked. The camera is acceptable but not as good as expected.
3. Phone. The phone speaker is totally over amplified. The best quality is at 25% volume. Still loud enough. The signal strength is worse than my old P990 but better than my wife's Samsung. This seems to be only if the general signal is low. We also have two Nokias in the office and could not determine if the Xperia is worse than them.
4. Ease of use. A lot of users struggle to get to grips with the user interface (including me). I now seldom need the stylus. I love the fast and flexible lookup of contacts.
5. Build quality and other issues. For me the only design flaw is the silver buttons of the keyboard. If the keyboard backlight is on the letters is virtually unreadable under flourecent light at my desk. (Silver buttons with white letters) I must tilt the phone to see the letters on the keys. Cracked body. It is defenetly the weakest part of the phone if dropped. I had no software issues and find the general speed the same as other WinMo (and even Symbian) units.
Read the Nokia N96 (and other) threads and you will find the same trend. (Either heaven or hell) YOU CAN NOT MAKE A PURCHASE DESICION FROM THESE THREADS!!!! There will be production, design, usage issues in any high technology item.
Is the Xperia worth the money (I had to pay a premuim as I wanted one of the first in the country) For me yes.
Love it or hate it.
bigb, 17 Jan 2009im thinking of getting this phone but was concerned on how much you need to use the stylus pen... moreI had this phone for half day and I returned it: it is very difficult to use your fingers because the screen is based on a resistive technology (you have to press the plastic on surface and sometimes it takes the command sometimes not); the buttons painted on screen are too small to be matched by to finger even if you have thin fingers, little space between them; the software is not processing the command in a fluid way, it freezes and it is buggy (it doesn't refresh properly some areas of screen, for instance you press button 7 painted on screen and it disappears for half second then such behavior is not reproduce for the rest of buttons or or even for itself). In conclusion it is nice in pictures but buggy software. By the way, some parts like rims and physical buttons are from plastic covered by thin nickel; fewer metal parts than it looks and one expects.
Come on guys, lets have some serious comments.
Anyway I got xperia on Thursday... after tweaking the phone a bit, i must admit that this is a wonderful phone... Nice screen and keyboard, panels are a tad slow but the OS is very fast... Im using Touch Flo 3D on one of my panels... Impressive phone... Nice camera for a windows mobile and the touch focus too... Mp3 sound very good... People complaining are those who do not yet have the phone or it's their first time with WinMo os... Check on the net for tweaks to optimise your X1... Really a great device from SE...
im thinking of getting this phone but was concerned on how much you need to use the stylus pen to operate the phones functions, is it possible to send sms and make calls without using the pen? how much is the pen needed? is it possible and easy enough to use your finger on the touch screen to save time?
Constantine, 17 Jan 2009Many sony ericsson fans ciriticised me and my friends when i let them knew about downfall of s... morethats happening to everyone. did you ever heard about a word called "crisis"
Ray UK, 15 Jan 2009Hi Angels, you can get loads of softwares for your X1. www.handango.com is your answer.
I have had a look at the Handango site in regards to the Microsoft Voice Command, but it states that the MVC software is not compatable with the X1?
But it works fine for you?
Please let us know where we can download the ContactPro (freeware) which is compatible for XPERIA X1. This is really nice application for WinMo phones. Thanks for quick post.
Many sony ericsson fans ciriticised me and my friends when i let them knew about downfall of sony ericsson is very near and today news of industry is Sony Ericsson has plunged into deep red sales down by 22 percent job cuts exceeding 700 in one factory. Infact it has plunged so much down the production of many products has even stopped and it has happened before Motorola even. Anyways i am no anti sony ericsson and i wish them all the best for recovery and let its fans rejoice again I am Noah A Constantine. MD writing from SE Nokia.
The more I use it the more I like it. It is best pocket pc since pocket pcs hit the market If you can't make up your mind between different phones, get the Xperia.
> In reply to Pepsi @ 2009-01-17 04:41 from v0gj and I agree with you...I understand the context in which you are using the word smashing. Thanks for confirming the obvious. The Xperia X1 is indeed a smashing Windows Mobile phone. :-)
or use ucweb(windows mobile version) Netfront 3.5, Iris or Skyfire. All very good browsers
jm-sa, 16 Jan 2009Got my silver X1i silver now 10 days and would like to mention a few things: Very good phon... moreI do not get on with opera 9.5 SO use p.i.e. or opera mini but opera mini gets tucked deep inside the menu..
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970I have a w810i and i a m yearning for more, will the 'x' fufill my desires? Please help