Nokia is the same, kid.
- Useless resolution even for N series with large screen
- nowadays i see that nokia uses OLED than TFT, OLED is old fashion
- useless flash and autofocus, especially the 3,2MP and N95
- oh, and All NOKIA phones are using QVGA screen.
- crappy sound quality (Xpress Music)
try to look deep into yourself first okay?
i all agree that the x1 is a really nice phone okay and well done sony erricson
but all sony erricsons other phones are a total joke.....
1)useless video resolution
4)no proper headphone jacks!
5)and yeah all the previous sony erricsons used qvga screens...
also to the guy below me, i nkow the n82 screen cant show a vga clip, but its when you put them on the computer which matters
thats why the n82 is better than your precious k850. it all looks better on the computer whilst on the k850...what you see is what you get
The mobile looks good and having greate featurs the nokia sion are very good but the problem is that the quality is poor compare to the nokia phone from finland.Indian set are manufactured by china thats is one problem.the ericsson have got good in all ways so i to say x1 is a perfect device. And also on one can predict the future cos x1 is not yet in darket..
1. WVGA (X1) is 5 times better than QVGA.
2. 528 MHz (X1) is faster than 300+ MHz.
3. X1 has QWERTY, Touch screen and joystick and N82 has not QWERTY, no touch screen etc
4. X1 has longer life battery at 1500 Li-PO than N82 has.
5. X1 has 4 LED light
6. X1 use 6.1 WM OS.
7. X1 is made of premium steel but N82 is made of plastick.
8. X1 has HSUPA but N82 is no HSUPA
9. X1 has VGA resolution of video on WVGA resolution screen, It means WVGA will increase resolution of VGA video as much as 76800pxl. In other word, You can watch a movie better than the device quality it self and look at N82, VGA resolution of video on QVGA resolution screen, it means QVGA will decrease VGA resolution of video (307200 to 76800).In other word, Nokia fanboy never enjoy VGA resolution of video at real quality on the ohone screen.Wasting money
10. X1 can show more pixels of Megapixels camera picture because resolution of screen which can show pixels as much as 384000 pxl rather than N82 can only show 76800pxl on screen so althought you use 5MP camera,only 76800pxl can be showed because limitation of QVGA screen resolution.In other word 3.2 MP on phone WVGA resolution screen is much better than 5MP on phone QVGA resolution screen.
11. 65000 color is more than enough and not make the phone more expensive. Look at expensive 16M color, do you thing there is an object has 16M color variation? is you car ? You painted your car with red, blue, black, yellow, green, pink, brown, purple and what else because there are stil 8 color not 16MILLION color variation.You can't detect color as mush as 16M color variation at once sight and your eyes have limitation.
nothing happened, don't just go by numbers
here is the imp information that i guess everybody should know
16 bit - 64k colors
18 bit- 262k colors
24 bit - 16M colors
frankly speaking quality wise there is not much difference in the display based on the color as it mainly depends on the resolution, white balance, brightness, hue.
having 16M is just a marketting stunt and nokia is trying to capitalise on that, the amount of increase in price going from 16 or 18 bits to 24 bit is in bigger proportion than the improvement in quality of display just based on colors. so dude just chill
i bet even 65K colored display of xperia would challenge any 16M colored phone in this world.
Ok, the N95/N96/N82 is not comparable to X1. They're in different segments and comparing them would only embarass Nokia. Also, regarding size, the X1 is a bit wider and a bit longer, but alot thinner. In total, the X1 has a volume of 97cm³ while the N95 is 110cm³ The N96 is a bit smaller but still larger than the X1 at 102cm³.
In short, the X1 is smaller than the full-feature Nokias and still beating them on features.
The next one really annoys me. Windows Mobile 6 and Windows Embedded CE DOES NOT have a cap in color depth at 65k. That is simply not true, stop saying that.
Windows Mobile 6 (and WeCE) supports pixel depths of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 24, and 32 bpp. (Source: msdn.microsoft.com)
16bits = 65k colors, 18bit = 262k colors, 24bit = 16,7m colors.
So, WM doesn't directly support 18 bit colordepth (262k). Are we bothered? No.
The reason most WM phones use 65k is that converting the framebuffer takes CPU cyles. Using GPUs takes more power and costs more with little benefit.
The Xperia seems is a no expense spared kind of project and I'm sure every level headed person will agree that sweet screen is one of the best ever produced.
I really honestly think this phone is ugly.... Whats amazing is how they've managed to keep it so thin whilst having a full Qwerty key board. Amazing stuff... But as for the rest... Don't like the way it looks. Maybe it's these pictures or something. Or maybe Sony wasn't going for the whole fashion touch phone scene...
Wow this phone looks pretty good, i mean it's relatively small, has WiFi and it has windows mobile 6.1. If this thing fixes the lag in the UI I might get this phone instead of the N82
Nokia use the os software which is cheap. BUt sony windows 6.1 which is far more better that the software used by nokia.
From the past i have never never liked nokia. Nokia phones are actually made for our ancestors. That is why it was a hit then. but you see the phones made by sony are far more better than the nokia. SONY is the best when it comes to cameras, no question about the walkman which can easily gallop the xpressmusic which nokia has been manufacturing. Today sony ericsson is overtaking the world because it is accepting the offer of the young generation.
Binndas Hay Grue This Gadget Is Too Kool
can you send me more detail abt. it
the reason why nokia releasedd n82 is because k850 is a better camera phone than n95.
and most people knows that when it comes to music quality, SE can outlift nokia no matter what xpressmusic phones nokia could come up with.
Why oh why, did they not use the m2/microSD combined card reader from K850i?
I'm currently using an 8GB M2 in my mobile, and I don't like the idea of copying it over to a slower flash card.
So I guess that I will get the G900 instead, and cry over that every top mobile SE makes these days are with out m2 support
you know what guys? the only major problem with this xperia x1 is.. graphics accelaration.. SE should focus making the grahics accelaration faster for this model X1 has this kicking processor..
The chipsets used in the latest WM devices are on a different level from n and e series.Nokia like to hit the public with 5mp or 16 million colors.It sounds good but dosen't really men an awful lot!
since the n95 classic set the standard, id agree phones havent changed much.