Any news from SE for X1 having an official upgrade Windows 6.5 OS.
Anonymous, 07 Oct 2009great review....
plz suggest which one should i go xperia black or silver....Thanks! My earlier phone was silver, so I went for Black this time...but even if I did not have a silver phone earlier, I would have gone for a black one (I liked it better). It’s a personal choice but here are some points to consider:
1. On a silver phone the external menu, design etc are more visible to a naked eye as compared to the black one because of a silver lining differentiating the menus
2. Black looks more stylish and sleek:-)
3. Since the external keyboard in anyway silver, the black color gives a good contrast when you slide open your keyboard. That's why you see most of the pictures on SE site as well as other sites like gsmarena showing a black phone as default. You can check out the silver color by clicking this link: http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x1-3d-spin-2246.php
The choice is obviously yours!
For all of you who wish to have a quick and easy review on X1, please read on. I have tried to keep it simple because I believe the review should be as easy to understand as the product itself:
1. Overall: This phone is one of the best available in the market today. No second thoughts about this and the comments further would explain why I say so.
2. Time to set-up: Less than a couple of hours with everything working including synchronization, upgrade (if needed), Email accounts etc.
3. Usability: Fantastic – the “easy-to-use” Windows Mobile OS and even “easier-to-use” hardware. The optical track ball is amazing and handy
4. Sound Quality: Very Good (ensure you have set-up the sound at an appropriate level from the sound menu)
5. Speaker Quality: Average (If speaker phone is what you are looking at, do not buy this phone as you have many phones available in the market that have much better quality speakers on them and if you are SE fan like me, P1i has amazing speakers)
6. Touch Screen: The best I have seen thus far (Closest to the iPhone). I used to have a SE P1i (Love that phone as well) and was mighty impressed with the touch screen sensitivity that phone had and now I do not hesitate to say that X1 has is slightly better than P1i
7. QWERTY Keyboard: Ultra fantastic. It would probably take you a few hours/days (depending upon the usage) to get used to the slider keyboard but once you get used-to, it works just like your notebook. The keys are well placed for someone like me with huge hands to use conveniently and easily
8. Camera: Very good. I found out that the SE cameras are generally better than other manufactures but within SE phones, I will consider this camera better than the P1i camera (although not better than the cameras that used to come in SE “K” series). If you are a big “Camera on the phone” fan, I would suggest wait for X2 rather than buying anything else
9. Battery: Very good. Lasts quite long (3 days +) for me as I use my phone quite often but depends upon usage
10. Connectivity Options: Exceptional – This phone has everything that you may be looking for from connectivity perspective.
11. Panels: Very good. It’s nice to be able to switch between different panels that are available by default and ability to download more.
12. Look and Feel: Best in class or rather I should say “a class apart”
13. Price: Not too bad and it’s worth every penny
14. My rating: 9/10 (The reasons I did not give it 10/10 are a) speaker quality could be better and b) weight
The verdict: If you are looking for an exceptional phone that brings a “wow” whenever someone sees it in your hand and also you yoruslef want to feel the “wow” when you use it, X1 is just the right choice for you. I know there are several other phones in the market that consider themselves to be “comparable” to X1 but with my research the only one that comes close to this phone is HTC Touch Pro2 but that looses out on design, weight, camera and ease of use (BTW, X1 is also build by HTC where HTC was the OEM for SE) although it as TV-out and slightly better RAM to its positive.
I have also read some comments around this device being complex and not user-friendly. I just want to remind those people that this is a “smart phone” and is meant for “smart people”. If you are too hung up with a phone that you can use with your eyes closed, I would suggest you go for Nokia 1661/1662.
My job nature is a kind of where i have to use a mobile alot, for which i dont feel Xperia is very user friendly. I have xperia 8gb in 10/10 conditon if someone want to purchase, mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
every phone i have ever bought was NOKIA, but this time i bought an X1, and i my opinion it the best phone i have ever bought, and i am waiting for the X2 to buy it as well
i have this phone and i tnink is awsome. i have a new rom instaled and works pretty well. everyone shoud have one :)
Gerald, 03 Oct 2009Totally useless phone. too slow and keeps freezing. Returned it but the lousy SE customer care... morethe point is that you not familiar with the Winmo, thats all,,, if you don't have any experience with windows device why you bought one???!!!
Ammar, 24 Aug 2009I can't decide between this and the HTC Touch Diamond2 can i get any help same is the case with me,which one to opt for htc diamond/xperia x1.m really really confused.getting qwerty at few more thousands is actually worth buying xperia,but read a lot abt battery problms
could anyone plz tell me that how i can download free softwares for my xperia
Anonymous, 04 Oct 2009the best of 2008........ samsung b7610 the best phone of 2009........plz don't compare x1 with a junk .....
just me, 04 Oct 2009i love my this phone alot, works great , just dont drop it EVER LOL TRUST MEthe best of 2008........ samsung b7610 the best phone of 2009........
i love my this phone alot, works great , just dont drop it EVER LOL TRUST ME
Totally useless phone. too slow and keeps freezing. Returned it but the lousy SE customer care in my country could not even give me a definite time for them to sort it out. Decided to buy a very cheap but effective phone Nokia 5800. But let me say features and hardware are superb. Work on the software side. When i get it repaired will write conclusive review after six months of usage.
poton, 01 Oct 2009i want to buy this cell but i wana knw something abt this...first wht abt the color display re... morem using 3 phones at the same time, x1i, se w995, n n95 that i can see many differences between these phones. X1 color is only 65k, but it is better compared to n95 n se w995. Another surprise is that the camera is 3.2 mp, but I prefer x1 to n95 n w995. However, video camera is not decent.
Jake, 02 Oct 2009lool from where do you insert the memory card in this fone?it is under the battery cover.
X1 is an amazing phone. I have had it for couple of months now and I love it. There are some occasions where i wish that it had some more features like, voice control and better games. Besides some minor problems. This phone is outstanding. It has amazing call quality, decent camera, good connectivity options, like wifi, bluetooth and such. It also has an amazing keyboard which buisness users or anyone who likes to write e-mails or text messages would love. I give this phone 9/10.