as a big se fan and supporter i am drawn in a confussion about the latest naming of the se phones.
as i understood that se is naming the high end phones by names like satio and aino , and later they came up with jalou which is not a high end phone rather than a desighn phone ,, now we have x2 which is a high end companies phone ,,, so whats happening ?? did se lost their standrad naming strategy , , , can someone explain why all these inconsistant naming methods???
a me piace x2 perchÃ© io adesso ho il sony ericsson p1 quindi x2 e meglio voi che ne dite passando da sony ericsson p1 a xperia x2 c'Ã¨ una bella differenza voi che ne pensate
Anonymous, 05 Sep 2009Why? You are unable to compare? :))) You deserve the X2 then! :)))) You like TFT ... moreWhy you can't answer to my questions??? I spoke about Nokia N97, and X6, you said SE is weak and they made big mistakes, but Nokia made big mistakes too! Do you think only SE made mistakes??? No one company is perfect, I hope you can agree with me! If you are a Samsung fan, why you are here to annoy us, why??? Tell me this!
i dont understand y ppl think this phone is so gud. all SE did was increase the megapixels and add an accelerometer. not hard stuff considering the amount of time they hv had to do this.
* they still hvnt gone above 65k colors which is dissapointing (i know winmo doesnt support more but some htc device had 256k colors and used winmo)
* resistive touchscreens for phones suck. i know this cos i hv a tablet pc, a resistive touchscreen phone and an ipod touch. resistive doesnt hv any advantage except being able to use a stylus and i know that winmo must hv that (there are styli for capacitive as well) but what is wrong with using optical touchscreen? its the most responsive, supports multitouch, and works with anything that touches it (including styli)
* also amoled cud hv been used instead of tft
* the dpi actually decreased bcos they wanted a slightly bigger screen meaning the image will look less crisp than the x1
* the build quality looks more questionable than the x1
* it uses same ram and rom as x1
* it has a shorter standby time than the x1
* so far winmo phones dont take v gud pictures and taking pictures is probably not a high priority for business ppl (the group this phone is aimed at) so wat is the point of 8mpx?
* price is not known but this will most likely be more expensive than x1
im not saying its a bad phone but if u want a business phone get x1 bcos this isnt much of an update and if u want a phone which will probably take gud pictures and has accelerometer get satio/idou. i think the x3 with android and 1ghz was a much better idea than this and SE shud hv announced and tried to release that before other manufacturers start making really gud android phones.
Anonymous, 05 Sep 2009GSMarena we want an extended comparison review between Xperia X2 and OmniaPro NOW!!!Why?
You are unable to compare? :)))
You deserve the X2 then! :))))
You like TFT
you prefer limited internal memory!
You love Windows OS! :))))
You deserve a lousy phone!
GSMarena we want an extended comparison review between Xperia X2 and OmniaPro NOW!!!
Jalal, 05 Sep 2009The logic is to add and not to remove features!!!!! This can be considered as cheating; bec... moreYou are right...people will assume that it has Radio. I realy can't understand why Radio was omitted. Radio has to be there specially when you have International phone.
Yaz, 05 Sep 2009When is this phone coming out?its releasing in Oct 2009
Again same mistake by Sonyericsson! For winmo users CPU Speed and RAM & ROM are more important than camera!! HTC & Sonyericsson know that! What a shame.
what the... same CPU...
they just improved the design & interface, and add a little features.... if this phone is more expensive for its features, its doom for X2..just wait for racheal that has 1G CPU
528 MHZ Processor????No way!!!
3GP Video Recording????Unacceptable...
No AMOLED screen????
I wonder how much SE will ask for that.
OmniaPRO with 480 Euros for the WIN!!! In all aspects apart from the Megapixels...But who cares, 5MP are fine....
The logic is to add and not to remove features!!!!!
This can be considered as cheating; because the previous version X1 has a RADIO most of the people will buy X2 assuming that it has a RADIO.
The same thing happened with C905 when many people including the dealers thought that it has a secondary Camera but it doesn’t!!!!!!!
I believe that SE will lose a lot of fans on the longer run and we will wait to see!!!!
WinMo and TFT is totally unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are some i..ots keep saying thatSE will make better phones next year :))))
It is like you go to the restaurant, you take your time: get there, order the food, pay for it etc. and you get a lousy meal - the waiter tell you:
˝yes, the meal was lousy today but tomorrow it will be great.˝
The only problem that you need the meal today and you paid (many of us got lousy SE phones)and
the waiter keep telling this for long time now!
People keep saying the next models will be great:
W890, G900, C902, X1, Idou .....
Can anybody tell what SE idea behind not incorporating the RADIO is??????!!!!!!!