I bought this cute little phone yesterday. Obviously as usual I imported this piece from Europe and lucky to say that this piece I'm using is made in Lund (Sweden), the best Sony Ericsson manufacturing plant ever created. The Battery and other accessories are made in China. I only got the white back cover and i didn't get the user manual, but who needs that paper stuffs these days who used with the SE interface.This is the second edition Xperia X8 which incorporates Android 2.1 which was updated in the Sony Ericsson factory itself. The specifications are pretty good and this time we can transfer data with other Bluetooth devices without installing third party applications from Android market. As for a test I dropped this phone from a height of 3 meters from Granite floor and this cute little phone still working well even after 10 drops in different styles. The built in Qualcomm processor is doing justice with the operating system and there is no lagging with the touch interface and other applications running background. The media player features Mega Bass Ver 6.1 with Spatializer 3D stereo and the headphone drivers are thumping deep bass without distortion. The WiFi and Bluetooth showing great speed than the specified. The battery is yet not get over even after 3 hours of call, 1 and a half hours of web browsing and music, after a full charge cycle. Well this time Sony Ericsson did a great job with the Xperia X8 (SE-X8) and surely it will gonna be a great hit. The people who are owning X8 also owns "The Phone of the Year 2011." Sony Ericsson Rocks...
[deleted post]I wouldn't care much about the specs for the money 'm paying. This is a cheap and good Android phone - bringing together the Android's features with affordable price.
Those who are looking for an up-to-date hardware/OS features should look at some high-end phones (HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S or even IPhone) and should be ready to shell out more.
To answer to screen related question -
* The screen resolution is perfectly fine.
* It's capacitive screen, smooth and responsive (it's as good as my HTC Hero)
* About the brightness, you can always adjust it to high brightness when in sunlight - this is definitely not an issue
hi guys this is a great 1 to buy looks are cool and iam lovin it ,android works well, no glitches yet
Hey Guys! I Buyed this fone 3 Dayz ago and I am much satisfied with this one!!! The Most Incredible Feature of this fone is its one of a kind operating system Android 1.6! It Supports many of the apps available on the Android Market! So if you guys are looking for a affordable "droid" fone! Go For Xperia X8!
Review it Gsmarena plz
I think it will be updated with 2.1 and then 2.2
Then all bugs will be solved
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2010so what the hell are u doing Here ??? why u waste ur time here ? Idiot !coz i was angry at how people dont bother to answer any questions if its to do with comparing phones?? i just asked a simple question asking which is better between a samsung monte or this SE and that other guy i was replyin to was bein rude about samsungs. so just evening it out.
to those who got the phone
how about the screen ist like the aino better/worse?
because from this review :
the google rough translation says that the colors are faded and brightness is weak and unreadable in direct sunlight?plz advise as i am buying tomorrow
Jura, 01 Oct 2010This might NEVER get updated to 2.X......coz sony has said LIVEVIEW will be compatiable with o... moreare u crazy or what? u can simply open ur eyes and just read the official SE site
This might NEVER get updated to 2.X......coz sony has said LIVEVIEW will be compatiable with only x10 series :P......indirectly hinting that this wont be updated :P
It is a nice phone in sony ericsson.because os and design is very perfect.music also good ya.
its a pretty decent phone.i bought it 2 days bk n am ptetty much satisfied..2.1/2.2 updates are nt die hard requirements as of nw as thers no issues. a possible problem will ne lack of combatible applications may be after 1or2 yrs...well the screen resolution, response,speed, n built definitely out weighs the,galaxy 3. i had checked both the phones b4 buying...the keyboard is exceptionally awesome.n hope x8 gets a froyo update by 2011
Winker, 01 Oct 2010Bought this phone two days back for my wife. A "value for money phone" I would say. ... moreThank you!
This is what we all want to hear, not that X is better than Y. The opinions of the buyers are welcome.
Bought this phone two days back for my wife. A "value for money phone" I would say. To list a few good/bad -
* A fast/responsive camera, better pictures too - much better than the HTC Hero one (hero is quite sluggish in taking and displaying a pic, and can get quite annoying) - But, no zoom option
* UI is quite responsive and works nicely.
* Keyboard is very nice, for a 3inch screen - though at times gets sluggish.
* Dialer app is good - but no smart dialing (the one found in HTC Sense UI) - There's also a widget for smart search, which is similar to that of HTC Sense Dialer.
* GPS works perfectly well (sat. locking was quite quick) - though, while using GPS Status, I didn't see the pitch/rotate information (wonder if there's something with the Accelerometer)
* Comes with a built-in backup/restore app
* There's a companion Sync Software to sync with SE Website or to software upgrade
* Real good build quality and comes with 3 different colored battery covers (pink, blue and silver).
* No multiple widgets per screen (I suppose, behavior is the same as that of X10 mini)
* Can't put Icons on desktop/screens (so, every time you have to go through menu) - this was little annoying for me, as my main phone is an HTC Hero (running CM6)
* Don't expect too much customization (theme and color can't be changed) - though wallpaper/sound/widgets/screens can me customized.
* Annoying App Menu (apps don't get sorted alphabetically, newly installed apps gets added at the end of the list) - though there's an option arrange icons, it's pretty painful to do it.
[deleted post]mr. harish nokia x6 is symbian phone and sony ericsson x8 is android phone so android is the best at this time because unlimited application in android ok