Review it Gsmarena plz
I think it will be updated with 2.1 and then 2.2
Then all bugs will be solved
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2010so what the hell are u doing Here ??? why u waste ur time here ? Idiot !coz i was angry at how people dont bother to answer any questions if its to do with comparing phones?? i just asked a simple question asking which is better between a samsung monte or this SE and that other guy i was replyin to was bein rude about samsungs. so just evening it out.
to those who got the phone
how about the screen ist like the aino better/worse?
because from this review :
the google rough translation says that the colors are faded and brightness is weak and unreadable in direct sunlight?plz advise as i am buying tomorrow
Jura, 01 Oct 2010This might NEVER get updated to 2.X......coz sony has said LIVEVIEW will be compatiable with o... moreare u crazy or what? u can simply open ur eyes and just read the official SE site
This might NEVER get updated to 2.X......coz sony has said LIVEVIEW will be compatiable with only x10 series :P......indirectly hinting that this wont be updated :P
It is a nice phone in sony ericsson.because os and design is very perfect.music also good ya.
its a pretty decent phone.i bought it 2 days bk n am ptetty much satisfied..2.1/2.2 updates are nt die hard requirements as of nw as thers no issues. a possible problem will ne lack of combatible applications may be after 1or2 yrs...well the screen resolution, response,speed, n built definitely out weighs the,galaxy 3. i had checked both the phones b4 buying...the keyboard is exceptionally awesome.n hope x8 gets a froyo update by 2011
Winker, 01 Oct 2010Bought this phone two days back for my wife. A "value for money phone" I would say. ... moreThank you!
This is what we all want to hear, not that X is better than Y. The opinions of the buyers are welcome.
Bought this phone two days back for my wife. A "value for money phone" I would say. To list a few good/bad -
* A fast/responsive camera, better pictures too - much better than the HTC Hero one (hero is quite sluggish in taking and displaying a pic, and can get quite annoying) - But, no zoom option
* UI is quite responsive and works nicely.
* Keyboard is very nice, for a 3inch screen - though at times gets sluggish.
* Dialer app is good - but no smart dialing (the one found in HTC Sense UI) - There's also a widget for smart search, which is similar to that of HTC Sense Dialer.
* GPS works perfectly well (sat. locking was quite quick) - though, while using GPS Status, I didn't see the pitch/rotate information (wonder if there's something with the Accelerometer)
* Comes with a built-in backup/restore app
* There's a companion Sync Software to sync with SE Website or to software upgrade
* Real good build quality and comes with 3 different colored battery covers (pink, blue and silver).
* No multiple widgets per screen (I suppose, behavior is the same as that of X10 mini)
* Can't put Icons on desktop/screens (so, every time you have to go through menu) - this was little annoying for me, as my main phone is an HTC Hero (running CM6)
* Don't expect too much customization (theme and color can't be changed) - though wallpaper/sound/widgets/screens can me customized.
* Annoying App Menu (apps don't get sorted alphabetically, newly installed apps gets added at the end of the list) - though there's an option arrange icons, it's pretty painful to do it.
[deleted post]mr. harish nokia x6 is symbian phone and sony ericsson x8 is android phone so android is the best at this time because unlimited application in android ok
Why with older android 1.6? How can some1 install applications on memory card?
You gsmarena guys why you are taking so long to post the review of xperia x8. Cmon post it soon.
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2010Galaxy 3 wont get resolution 320 x 480 pixels, XPERIA X8 have it.Galaxy 3 is cheaper than X8 thats why display resolution is low.
I just bought this phone today, btw i'm in indonesia and the price around $200. This is my first android, the UI is not bad though it sometimes lag if you open more than 2 apps. Camera for 3.2MP is quite good but with AF and Flash would be better, texting is flawless i'm using iphone also, so compare to this phone texting speed is decent. Overall it's worthed the money for basic android user like me...
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2010Samsungs r much better than SE foolso what the hell are u doing Here ??? why u waste ur time here ? Idiot !