Winker, 01 Oct 2010Bought this phone two days back for my wife. A "value for money phone" I would say. ... moreThank you!
This is what we all want to hear, not that X is better than Y. The opinions of the buyers are welcome.
Bought this phone two days back for my wife. A "value for money phone" I would say. To list a few good/bad -
* A fast/responsive camera, better pictures too - much better than the HTC Hero one (hero is quite sluggish in taking and displaying a pic, and can get quite annoying) - But, no zoom option
* UI is quite responsive and works nicely.
* Keyboard is very nice, for a 3inch screen - though at times gets sluggish.
* Dialer app is good - but no smart dialing (the one found in HTC Sense UI) - There's also a widget for smart search, which is similar to that of HTC Sense Dialer.
* GPS works perfectly well (sat. locking was quite quick) - though, while using GPS Status, I didn't see the pitch/rotate information (wonder if there's something with the Accelerometer)
* Comes with a built-in backup/restore app
* There's a companion Sync Software to sync with SE Website or to software upgrade
* Real good build quality and comes with 3 different colored battery covers (pink, blue and silver).
* No multiple widgets per screen (I suppose, behavior is the same as that of X10 mini)
* Can't put Icons on desktop/screens (so, every time you have to go through menu) - this was little annoying for me, as my main phone is an HTC Hero (running CM6)
* Don't expect too much customization (theme and color can't be changed) - though wallpaper/sound/widgets/screens can me customized.
* Annoying App Menu (apps don't get sorted alphabetically, newly installed apps gets added at the end of the list) - though there's an option arrange icons, it's pretty painful to do it.
[deleted post]mr. harish nokia x6 is symbian phone and sony ericsson x8 is android phone so android is the best at this time because unlimited application in android ok
Why with older android 1.6? How can some1 install applications on memory card?
You gsmarena guys why you are taking so long to post the review of xperia x8. Cmon post it soon.
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2010Galaxy 3 wont get resolution 320 x 480 pixels, XPERIA X8 have it.Galaxy 3 is cheaper than X8 thats why display resolution is low.
I just bought this phone today, btw i'm in indonesia and the price around $200. This is my first android, the UI is not bad though it sometimes lag if you open more than 2 apps. Camera for 3.2MP is quite good but with AF and Flash would be better, texting is flawless i'm using iphone also, so compare to this phone texting speed is decent. Overall it's worthed the money for basic android user like me...
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2010Samsungs r much better than SE foolso what the hell are u doing Here ??? why u waste ur time here ? Idiot !
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2010Nobody ask u to offer any junk Samsung phones here !go on their page and offer them, crazy idiotsSamsungs r much better than SE fool
guys... i want x8 but it's taking too long time until it release in my country... should i go for x10 mini pro?
Nobody ask u to offer any junk Samsung phones here !go on their page and offer them, crazy idiots
Hay Guys any one can tell Correctly n truely by Over all, which phone is better in Nokia x6 n Sony xperia X8... I am waiting for reply
Ravi, 30 Sep 2010X8 wont get android 2.2 for sure so its a total waste of money. Galaxy 3 will get 2.2.This place is not for junks like u and all those people like u who like junk and use junk and praise over here. This place is for class people who owns and uses class phone from sony ericsson not junkies like u. And better get some knowledge before commenting anything.
the best phones are the HTCs, and Iphones, sontericsson do nothing and give phones with technologies which already exist, they don't innovate, their is no sonyericsson which get Froyo. It is the minimum today, they still didn't unterstand that.
Ravi, 30 Sep 2010X8 wont get android 2.2 for sure so its a total waste of money. Galaxy 3 will get 2.2.why will it not get Andriod 2.2?