Kanchan, 27 Dec 2011I want to buy new applications on my phone but the GPRS setting is not happening. It alwys sho... moreYou can download android apps. to your pc then send or copy to the phone. Here is the way to get applications using your computer:
- search and download .apk files to your pc, example if you want to install file manager, google it by typing "file manager .apk"
- connect the phone to computer, then send/copy those apk files to the memory card. Disconnect the phone after you've sent them.
- open your phone Settings menu - Applications and tick the Unknown sources option. Back to home screen and find and open Application installer (icon). It will scan and show all .apk files that are stored in memory card, tap the application icon and install.
There are many sites to get android apk files, like from this site:
or from 4shared. Hope this helps.
I bought the SE X8 recently, i have a problem with the battery life....i have to charge like twice a day coz the battery goes flat soo fast...could there be a problem with the battery? or it's just the phone?
The Xperia X8 is a solid device, has a good battery life, GREAT when it's rooted (2.2 really speeds it up), has a dedicated GPU (That Adreno200 is good for detail) and has pretty good specs for the price. It even runs intensive OpenGL2 stuff like Raging Thunder. The only thing I do not like is the UI. Looks a bit worse than default Android since it seems designed for smaller phones, and this isn't that small like Xperia Mini. Pretty good phone for the price though, beats other offerings (Ideos X5/X6 is also a good alternative to this)
If it's not possible on android 2.1 is there any way to upgrade my x8 to 2.2 or 2.3?
someone help plzzzzzzzzz..........that how can i able to make video call or by downloading which software on xperia x8
I want to buy new applications on my phone but the GPRS setting is not happening. It alwys shows the error and ask to login later. Can you please help to get this things sorted. I dont have a single appilcatio with me Its all empty since i have bought this mobile.
Thanks & looking for your support.
recently I changed the sim in my x8.now it plays a music whenever I key in a network code (eg.*#456#) or receive sms.any idea why?need your help to solve this
shifai, 25 Dec 2011i wanna know that if ter is any update from 2.1 to 2.2 version officially. the x8 is not upgradable to 2.2, only 2.1
Don, 12 Dec 2011how to turn predictive text off?>>>>there is settings key next to dot .
racco, 23 Dec 2011my handset is not giving battery backup pls help me how to resolve my problem low battery backup is common problem in smartphones. However u can extend battery life by;
1. use task killer to kill the apps running in the background (u can use "Memory booster lite".
2.Do off the data traffic when not using net. u can use data traffic widget.
3. lower the lcd brightness to minimum, turn off wifi bluetooth etc when not using them. u can use power control widget for these.
4.do on the airplane mode at night.
Actually battery saving apps like juice defender does the same tricks!!
Hey guys. Does anyone know how to move my apps to sd card, i mean how to install them to sd? And is it possible to upgrade my x8 to android 2.2 or 2.3. If it's possible, tell me how. Thanks a lot.
Excellent phone for it's price range. Very happy with it. A few issues with batt life and speed though. But iI got more than I paid for.
Superb.... Than €xpected....
Smart smart phone.....
C0ol ph0ne I ever had...
Again s0ny rulzz.......
N00o0o words t0o0o express
@ luv dis pho0ne....