The correct name is Z500a. Screen looks 2 small, wat is the memory of this fone?
The Z500 replaced a Motorola that I lost. I had it for about 2 weeks, then traded it in for another Motorola. The disappointments:
- I was disappointed in the quality of the screen, and hence the camera; the quality of the color(s) in the screen was disappointing;
- The keypad did not light up equally, and was distracting to read;
- The keypad was small, and slightly recessed, making it difficult for people like me with large hands; the keypad was not particularly sensitive, and I frequently had to "re-do" my text entries;
- The quality of the camera was disappointing after having used the Motorola;
- I could never get more than 1.5 days out of a charged battery; it did not seem to matter how much or little I used the phone.
- The slightly square clamshell design fits your ear nicely;
- I could hear well on it; the speakerphone worked well; everything about the sound quality was impressive;
- The square shape fit nicely in my pocket;
Overall, a good phone, with lots of good features, but it just didn't work for me.I would recommend it for those who need the extra features like the music player and such.
I own this phone and it has a "Cingular" brand on it. I rate this phone 8 out of 10.
BAD: Screen is a bit washed-out. 64K screens should be bright, crisp and clean. This one is a bit grainy. This could be just one trick by Sony Ericsson to make the battery more efficient.
Keypad: A little bit recessed(sort of) but the keys are responsive. No one will hear the annoying "clicks" everytime you send a text message(nice trick again!)
No Bluetooth and Infrared: Who cares! I do have a N3650 before and both features really drain battery life. Bluetooth will be replaced with a new UWB(Ultra wide band) technology similar to wireless networks that we have nowadays.
Now the GOOD side. =)
Features: Damn! I never know this phone has sooo many features. I got used to installing features which I never ever used on my N3650. This phone has a lot. It has code memo(storing passwords and other stuff), theme changer, media player, VGA camera with video capability, nice menu animation, animated wallpaper is possible! Damn! Colored 2nd screen, EDGE-capable fast internet! MP3 tones.
Unfortunately, you cannot assign custom tones to message tones but that is not a problem with me.
Calendar is very clean and outright simple.
Oh, I almost forgot, the camera feature has a digital zoom. 6MB of memory is enough and there is no need for a memory card. Some memory cards drain battery life even without you noticing it. Customizable faceplates and Push to Talk feature which(hopefully) will be available from Cingular.
I haven't seem much of the features that my phone have. I do respect your opinions about the phone but anyways, this phone ROCKS! (No pun intended =))
i'd buy a used phone and make sure that phone will works with T-mobile
yuyia: its not a 3g phone. think u got it mixed up with Z1010. it will be like 250-300 usd
What da hell.... as if you haven't got this phone yet. it's already out in Australia on our 3G network. suprised really cause i thought australia was always behind in technology. Being honest though, it hasn't really been that popular over hear, mainly cause it's big and ugly. Well i seem to think it is but i have a stint it's got some great features under the hood.
Awesome phone, has everything the casual media user would need, and a low price tag. Features like Bluetooth and Infrared were left out to keep the price down, and appeal to the media user. According to my best sources the phone WILL be out before Thanksgiving. No official launch date yet.
Got this phone as a beta for a little drive around the block.
Love= cool phone, looks good, videos too!
Hate= software is sluggish at times, bulky, mms setup was difficult and network cannot detect the model yet so I had to trick it into thinking it was another sonyE. Maybe that is the trouble?