I've had this phone for about 8 months now and I LOVE it. Yes, it might take a pic or two while in my purse, but it's not hard to just go back and delete them. Real ringtones sound GREAT and pics come out surprisingly clear. The personalized light effects are VERY NICE! My fav is that you can assign a ringtone to each person instead of only groups, like others.
If you like this phone, I'd say definitely go and buy it!
Hello. A schoolfriend has this phone. I think its really great, and i don't see this problems that these peoples comment. Well... i'm thinking about buy this phone.
i bought this phone 4 weeks ago. i liked it the first day, then day after day, i slowly started not liking it, as for these reasons.
1.it takes tons of pics while im walking and its in my purse or pocket, and u cant lock the button.
2. u cant clean it very easily if theres dirt caught in places, like i could on my previous phones.
3. i tripped in the stairs while the phone was in my hand yesterday, and the phone barely fell out of my hands, and only made a tiny thump an inch of a drop, and now 4 buttons dont work, so i cant call anyone and it keeps turning on and off by itself constantly so i had to remove the battery and SIM card to make it shut up.
4.before i hurt myself in the stair accident, i was at six flags and had my phone in my pant pocket as i am riding a ride where u get wet. a big wave comes, gets me wet, and only seconds after, i take the phone out of my wet pocket, it wouldnt start at all. so after 2 weeks it finally started, and the side camera button didnt work at all, so i guess i DID find a way to lock the stupid side camera.
5. this phone was kinda alot of money, especially for only lasting a month. so i say its the worst phone ever, and theres no other phone out there in my neighborhood store that i want. so im currently phoneless.
i would say that the sony ericcson isnt worth the $150 or something bucks. its worth $-150 , i should get PAID 150 bucks to live wwith that horrible phone.
i hate that phone. so dont buy it if ur thinking about it.
Does anybody know how to disable the camerabutton on the side of the phone?
i hav got one of these phone n guess wart i luv it so much...muahh...it hav all da features that i want n i m sure u will want one too!!! :-)
I love my phone!!! Its got all the stuff I need :D It comes with pink covas nd if yooh get it in O2 yoo get a free blue tooth headset :D:D BUY IT but i wish it had a memory card tho :( but o well xxxxxxx
i can get this phone at $140 canadian. can sumone tell me if its worth it?
i am wanting a new phone i have a sony T630 at the mo and realy want a moden sony if anyone has got a moden sony and love it pls wud you let me no about it on this address. thank you
hMm. . aHm pLanNin' tO bUy thizZz phOnE sOmedAy. . Ah thiNk iZh rEaLLy cUtE. . iZh jUzZz 9,600 pEsozZz hErE in dA phiLipPinezZz. . Ah dOn't kNo' tHerE in otHer cOuntRiezZz. . Ah dOn't kNo' whiCh iS bEtTah, Z520 Or dA nOkiA 6101. . whAt dO yAh thiNk. . ? Ah nEed oPiniOnzZz. . thAnkzZz. . !
hi i've been thinkin bout buyin this phone and i really like it but i'm nos quite sure yet. if someone has it please send me an e-mail and tell me what you think of the phone i'll apreciate it a lot. my mail is firstname.lastname@example.org thanks
Does the Sony Ericsson Z520 have any lock features inside the phone at all, because I like to lock my phonebook, messages, Etc.
When you install the Bluetooth you connect your mobile to the bluetooth!Then you will see an icon which is like a GSM.It will be named Z520 or something else.Then you click twice on the GSM and up above you will see icons marked in yellow.Then you click on an icon that is like two papers or something like that ( when you move the mouse on the icons you will see their names ),and you are in the transfer place!There are different folders with the names of the folders in your GSM ( e.g. - Pictures,Music,etc. )!I hope you understood where is the transfer place!
No it doesn't have a lock option,but I still don't understand why people have problems with the camera button!The Z520 doesn't take pictures in my pocket!It is a great phone so you won't make a mistake if you buy it!!!
For your 6th and 7th oppinion I have the same prob. and for the fast calling with the buttons ( e.g. "2" ),but for the other I don't have any prob. and I hope that I won't have in future!To write the mobile or home phone or office phone you just have to write the number,then you press "ok" and then the you are asked if you want to place it as a mobile phone or office phone etc.!I hope that you will find it!
I just got this phone, and while the phone seems to have all the features I want, and does have great reception, it does have a few faults. Here's what I don't like:
1) No way to quickly adjust your ring volume and switch between silent, vibrate, soft, loud etc. All other phones I've had allowed you to press the side buttons on the phone (when not on a call) and adjust the ring style. Sony gives you "phone status". What's that? Who cares! You can switch between "silent and ring" with the "#" key, but it's not at all as easy or user friendly as every other phone I've had (and I've had a lot!).
2) No One-touch speed call. Every other cell phone I've ever had allowed you to press and hold a number (e.g. "2") and it would dial the speed call number associated with that number. Instead it takes two keys, you have to press the speed call number followed by "call".
3) Non Industry Standard Send/End buttons. Every other phone I've ever had used the second key down on the left and right for Send/End. Sony uses the top Soft-keys for this. Annoying, but you do get used to it.
4) Only one phone number per contact. You can't store the mobile, work, home etc. phone numbers under a single contact, you have to create separate entries for each phone #
5) Long delay between opening phone and being able to speak. Once you answer an incoming call (i.e. open the phone), it takes 1-2 seconds for the phone to actually connect the call. My other flip phones worked right away.
6) No way to delete Sony/Cingular canned pictures on the phone. These little ugly cartoons are in the list of pictures. They come with the phone and you can't get rid of them. I want them gone!
7) Speaking of pictures, there is that annoying tendency to take pictures every time you open the phone. That camera button is way too sensitive.
That's it so far. It's hard for me to like the phone with so many pet peeves.........
I would like to find out if this phone has lock features so you can lock the camera button on the side since everyone is saying that that side button always take a picture if u barely touch the button and this is a phone i would like to buy. Does this phone have lock options in it so you can lock certain features in this phone.
Please answer back as soon as possible
I have this phone and if I were you, I would send them through email..