do this phone have USB charging and can i record FM radio as in samsung x700
thanks in advance
i am too impressed by its awsome looks. this phone doesnot have EDGE-whats that. if any body can explain. i believe this phone can record call conversation & record normal sound !!!
To Z550 owners...the 1.3Mp camera on Z550 is bad in low lighting areas just like Nokia 6280. but during day time, the more colour the better, Z550 capture original colours unlike Nokia 6630/3230 both 1.3Mp camera seem to add purple on blue color objects.
I just got this phone and fantastic by looks, for the price that offered the camera quality and sound clarity is amazing. Absolutely, the right one for pick
anyone know if we can use a bigger battery in these?
it has a bst 36 750mah
how about a bst 33 900mah
or something else?
Hey all! Just bought this phone last weekend, and now I have both W800i (been using it for 1 year) and Z550i, and here's the comparison:
- Z550i only has 1.3Mp Cam and W800i has 2.0Mp cam with Autofocus and flash.
- Z550i cannot zoom in/out pictures in picture gallery - so you can't see picture in details once you take a photo.
- Z550i has smaller battery - a lot less talking/stand-by hours than W800i which not suitable for music player, camera and games heavy users.
- Z550i's speaker not as loud as W800i.
- Z550i does not comes with 'in-ear' earphone but comes with standard earphone, no memory card - W800i comes with 512MB and no DKU (USB) cable.
- Z550i doesn't have infrared port.
- Z550i uses Memory Stick Micro M2 with max capacity only 1GB, W800i uses Memory Stick Duo with max capacity 2GB.
- Even phone has similar Music player, W800i has one-touch button for Walkman, with Z550i, you need to access to Music player via Menu and no physical 'Play/Stop' button on the phone which hard to control the player when the 'clamshell' is not opened.
- Z550i a lot cheaper than W800i! Z550i costs AUD$210 unlocked and W800i costs double which is around AUD$400-$500. For this price, you can enjoy most of W800i functions.
- Z550i physically smaller and more stylish then W800i.
- Z550i has 4 camera shutter sound's options.
- Both phones have same O/S. I can use W800i 'Themes' on Z550i too!
- Z550i has a nice front bright OLED screen which displays a lot of information, it also shows Song title when you have the music on.
- Z550i has similar or 'same with different design' music player to W800i's Walkman player.
- Z550i text message Inbox shows 'reply icon' next to the message/s once you replied to the message, which not shown on W800i.
- Z550i has bigger, sharper and brighter screen than W800i.
In overall, I love both phones. But would prefer Z550i for day-to-day use as its look stylish and compact and would use W800i for a long trip, where you need more battery life and longer music.
It's a good phone,I bought it recently.
The only drawback is it's speaker.
I just bought it few days back and finding it bit difficult to operate, as i am unable to record any video.(camera capturing works fine) after resetting unit, it worked fine for few hours and again after that I am unable to record any video beyond 30 seconds. I dont know what kind of settings i have to select while recording Video. Can ny one help me out.
Memory stick micro in aus is only around $80 at the vodafone stores run by digicall
I have been thinking of buying this phone of late but i have come to know that speaker phone and ringtone is not loud enough and infrared is not there so is it worthy buying this mobile set.
i checked the firmware with update suite.. there is no new firmware for now!
How good is signal reception of Z550 in compare with Z520??? Does anybody know??
to the person who asked how much the additional memory cards are in Australia...
From Dick smiths , according to their website a SONY M2 1GB Micro M/Stick Pro is $119.95.
Its not a bad price really. Most memory cards of 1GB are around that price.
the phone has recurrent alarm and it works even phone is turned off.
As we known, Z550 doesnt support zooming option in "File manager". does anyone know Java application(compatible to Z550)that can makes zoming option?
Has anyone managed to update java applications using bluetooth? I'm considering whether to purchase a BT dongle to transfer files to this phone or to buy a USB connection.
i have one question - if i can put on recurring events in the calendar of this phone?