Are they any build in speakers in the phone, so you can play mp3 songs without headseat.
To (no name):
As cc had mentioned, the phone does come with the handsfree. If you had read the discussion a few pages down, you would also have realised that the answer to your question had already appeared a few times.
Many things about this particular phone had already been said and mentioned and I do think that anybody who is interested in the phone should really take the time and effort to read through the pages instead of asking duplicated questions. If you really want to know more about the phone, it will not be a bother at all. ;-)
For FM radio to work u need to plug the handsfree. Handsfree comes in the box.
guys, i just bought this phone 2 weeks ago, and so far, i haven't encountered any problems. my friends envy my phone coz it has a simple but unconventional design. it looks expensive but the price is very reasonable.
This phone looks sweet but since it doesn't support GSM 850, will that affect the reception a lot ? I live in a big city in Canada and I know that Rogers uses GSM850/1900. Thanks
I still figured out one more question that as far as I can see hasn’t been asked yet: If the package doesn’t include hands free then how do you use your RDS equipped radio? As far as I can tell, all SE phones use the hands free as the antenna for the radio application. So does the package include hands free or how do you get to use your Z550:s radio?
Strangely Sony Ericssons website doesn’t tell what exactly is in the package!
Glad to know that one of the solutions work! Enjoy your phone. :-)
I did a master reset and it works fine now =) Thanks! Something must have happened maybe when I downloaded a bunch of programs and then deleted them and so on. Something with the memory..but it's fine now =)
The external screen does show the caller ID. Please read through the posts and you will see that previous discussions even mentioned that it also shows caller ID on incoming messages as well as other informative messages such as current MP3 being played, etc....
Read through the discussions and you will see that the phone does support the memory card, Memory Stick Micro (M2).
It is however not easily seen, as it is located under the battery cover to give it a more streamlined look, as well as to prevent the tiny memory card from being lost.
Hope this helps.... :-)
does this phone has mem. card slot?? i went to a store but couldnt find the mem. card slot... wer is it located?
After reading all the reviews and opinions here I feel this is the perfect phone I have been waiting for.
I specifically like the external screen a lot. My question is that when you receive a call would the external screen show the name of the person calling i.e. does this phone the facility of caller id being shown on the external screen or do we have to open the phone everytime there is a call.
Both the software and hardware interfaces on the Z550i is identical to the K750i. Thus, as far as I know, all accessories that work on the K750i will work on the Z550i, including both the SE DCU-60 USB Cable, and SE HPB-60 & HPM-70 headsets.
To know if an accessory is compatible with the phones, just go to SE's website at sonyericsson.com and view the compatibility list for the accessory.
For my opinions between the Z550i and X700, please find my post about it sometime ago a few pages ago.
I am not really sure what's going on with your phone because I do not have any M2 cards at the present, and the video recording does work without problem for me.
In your case, you may want to try (from simplest to most complex):
1. Turn the phone off and on again, just to make sure that it is not a temporary memory corruption problem.
2. If the M2 card is loaded, make sure that it has been formatted correct by the phone using the File Manager, the "Save to" video setting is to your memory card and not phone memory.
3. You may also want to remove the M2 card and see if the video recording works without it.
4. Perform a "Master Reset" of the phone by going to setting -> General. Do know that all settings, including phone records stored on phone memory WILL be erased.
Hope the above helps.... :-)
Yeah got this phone for about 2 weeks ago...you were right DarkRay..it's a great phone. I really love it. But I have a problem now with the camera. I'm really bugged up about it..before I contact SE I will try here first to see if anybody knows what's wrong.
Everything works fine with the phone..I even have the M2 card. But until a couple of days ago I can't record video. Pictures are fine but everytime I try to record it gives that beeping sound but then quits back to the main menu. I've tried to change settings but nothing works. It just keeps quitting. I tried to change to small video and it records...but when I press stop it kinda lags and then stops but it sais later on that it can't play the file. So does anybody know what I should do?
i suppose u hv owned this phone fr quite a while and u are very knowledgeable abt phones. i am an avid fan of se phones. i wud jst like 2 know whether i shud go with this or samsung x700. also, does this phone have the same headphones and usb cable supported as k750i?
thnx in advance.
If you press > * < < * < * in standby mode you get the service menu, you can also see there how many times you've opened the phone :P
Please read a few posts down, I have mentioned that the speaker on the Z550i is pretty much the same as the one what you get on K700i, K750i, etc... It has good clarity, but lack bass and can be a little soft.
To Richard Gilmore:
1. Like all other SE phones, this phone does not have a standard 3.5mm jack. However, the phone does come with a pair or stereo handsfree (HPB-60) since the built-in FM tuner does require a handsfree to be plugged in as its antenna or otherwise, it will not work.
The 3.5mm jack is not a major issue in where I stay (Singapore - and probably in other countries) because a SE Fastport to 3.5mm adapter can be easily bought for about US$4.
2. I am not so sure on the bluetooth part since I am not using this functionality. But by using data cable DCU-60 (this one is not included as part of the standard package) you certainly can according to the user manual.
3. Please read a few posts down. I had mentioned before that the hinge mechanism is totally unlike the bad quality one on the Z520i. The implementation is spring loaded and feels very sturdy. It feels very Samsung like.
I'm really thinking of getting the phone, but no in depth reviews are available yet anywhere. This is the only place showing some useful information (thx, darkray).
After reading the posts, now i got some questions on my own :) Hope someone can shed some light on these issues:
1. Can the phone accept standard 3.5 mm earphone jack ? I'm asking since the package doesn't include any extras (no M2, no data cable, no handsfree/earphone, etc), and the SE-branded accesories are very rare/expensive around here.
2. Can the phone be used as a GPRS modem (either via bluetooth or data cable) ? By this i mean connecting the phone to your PC for web browsing.
3. Earlier SE clamshell phones (like the z520) had problems with the hinges. Well, not exactly the physical hinge, but the flex cable that ran inside the hinge. Can someone that used this phone heavily for a while (a couple of weeks, at least, not just a couple of days) confirm the build quality ?
That's all i suppose. If these issues turns out to be non-issues, i'll be getting mine come monday :). Thanks in advance.