Did allure me and kept me satisfied with the features until i set my eyes on the new S500.Can someone compare the two and objectively assure me as to which is the better one to have?Thanks.
To respond to an earlier post from YcXw,
I got my Z710 flashed from a website called Wotanserver, never had any issues with the firmware and it de-branded my phone as well so I can now use my MP3's as ringtones.
Great phone, I've had it for 6 months now, still working perfectly even after being dropped a few times...
- Sturdy construction for a flip.
- Both the external and internal displays are clear even in sunny conditions.
- Internal screen colors are vivid.
- Speakerphone is the best I've listened to on a cell.
- Multi-tasking is great, you can listen to music while playing games, using an app or browse the web.
- Phone's reception is excellent.
- Works with large capacity memory cards (I just bought a 4Gb Sandisk M2 and it works perfectly fine).
- Bluetooth Stereo works with the HBH-DS970 headset.
- Great battery life
- Relatively inexpensive considering all the features.
- A bit Bulky.
- Battery indicator is not very precise.
If you get this phone, I strongly suggest you upgrade the phone's firmware to its twin model, the Sony-Ericsson W710 which has the Walkman software and animated flash menus.
Hi. We have had this phone (black) for several months. It is not the most stylish phone (it is a bit bulky). It is not the most advanced. It hasn’t got the best camera. But it is still awesome. Why? Simply put: Because it just works so well and has some features that makes it unique:
- The keys are awesome. They are very easy to type with and you can feel a distinctive click when a key is pressed.
- When closed it has a slider that can lock the keys on the outside. This is very important so that you don’t accidently turn on the music player or take a lot of pictures of the inside of your pocket (a problem with e.g. Nokia 6131).
- The plastic is of high quality. Still metallic sparkling and not a scratch even after months at the bottom of a ladies bag.
Furthermore it is a Sony-Ericsson phone and thus has attractive screen layout, fonts, menus and icons (I think the plain ugly menus is a major drawback for all Samsung and LG phones).
It is really a nice phone, which you just seems to appreciate more and more every day.
how is the sound quality? is it as good as the sony ericsson walkman phones??
i want to buy this phone. can someone please tell me what the battery life is like in it?? want a phone that has a great battery life.. have had a VERY bad experience with the nokia 5300. please help. thanks..
Hi I've owned this phone for 3 weeks and it's great, bluetooth and infrared works like a dream and the camera is good (just set the quality to 'fine'), sound and call quality is brilliant, and I like the external display too. Just one thing bothering me, is there any way to add MIDI tracks to the music player? I can only seem to add MP3/MP4 tracks to it. I've seen it done on other Walkman phones before so I thought it was possible. Any help would be appriciated thanks!
Very bad experience. When i open or close flap set gets switched off.Rough & Rude behaviour of service centre. Tyey are demanding money even during warranty period.Speed Telecom at Batala are really cheaters.
I bought this phone 4 months ago and found that when I open the flip, I can answer the call easily. It also make dialing that much less of a chore. All in all, highly recommended.
After 4 months experience with this phone i can tell you that is a very good one. No problem at all.
yes, a pda can connect to the net using bluetooth and this phone. but the exact steps for setting up the phone for that depends on the carrier used.
yes, it supports 2GB cards. im currently using one right now.
yes, the click perfectly normal. most likely its a switch to register if the phone is open or closed. i have noticed that the external screen turn on or off depending on the click.
I went to a store to check out this phone. Upon handling the phone, I noticed that a "click" sound comes out whenever you flip the phone open. This happened with two handsets shown to me by the store person. Has anyone also noticed this? Is this common or is it a manufacturing defect in the two handsets that I inspected?
Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
a reveiw on z710
Have bought this Phone in India.
A well priced Phone with all modern features,Good camera,Good OS,Good battery life.
Bulky,No memory card but has a memory card slot.External display tends to get boring as it has only one colour combo.
An all round great phone.Does all features a phone is required to do and has a clear speaker phone,2 MP camera,just buy a memory card and you can make this into a good multimedia device.
It might lack the style of the W series but the Z series is meant for peolple who believe in functionalty.........great buy you would'nt regret it!!!
When making or receiving calls:
1. In the bottom right corner of your screen, select "Speaker", or
2. In the bottom left corner of your screen, select "More", then "Turn speaker on"
Hey. I just got this phone yesterday. Not sure how to work the speakerphone. Can anyone fill me in?
I have been using the Z710i since it was launched in India, i was one of the very first to get this phone.
I have been using cell phones for more than 11 years now and have used most of the popular brands and models.
The Z710i is an excellent phone with very few complaints.
My phone is working trouble free thru avergely rough use.
My only complaints are that the video playback has no forward and rewind and there is no Full Screen option.
And of course the Photocall is of no use because the external display does not support it.
A good phone for its price. 9/10 in my opinion.
I made a relationship through this phone, I received texts every 3 seconds. I am now married with 7 kids, thank you for this phone, it is my life!!!!!!!!!!!