Regarding the reception that everyone here seems to be worried about, trust me!!!there is nothing wrong with the reception of the phone, as a couple of them commented, there was some problem for a couple of days initially but after that i had no issues with this phone and I have been using this for past 6 months and this is an awesome phone for the price tag and trust me music can't get better than this if you have a premium Sony Earphone (Noise Cancellation). I was a proud user of SE 550i and Came back to sony after using Nokia 5800XM. Trust me this phone is the best when compared to any Nokia phone when it comes to music...no one can come even closer to walkman.
Shuhailnp, 04 Jan 2011Sandisk class 4 Filled 10 gb Thanks for the info man. Class 6 is really expensive, so class 4 is what i'm going for. Costs ~1300 for a 16gb. On my phone, even without a card, the media browswer is a little sluggish. It doesn't get worse with a full card does it?
bought my zylo 2 mnths back...n had d software update..nw its a killer device..previously i used n95 n w595..both wr good..bt zylo rocks.
Sound clarity is awsm,n aftr d update,d pinch of bass is also added..no worry for memory..internal is enuf for sms n emails..any 1 havng doubt on nythng contact me.
Julian, 03 Jan 2011MyPhoneExplorer shows a total capacity of 19261 sms. Not sure if that's correct.Thanks buddy.
abhi, 03 Jan 2011The files u received r common . So , i would suggest u to delete those files & just try o... moreAt first, i format my memory card. But still my zylo worked slowly.
Then i reinstalled the software, now it is working perfectly.
flame, 04 Jan 2011it should be correct.....
coz in SE phones the message is stored in the phones own memory are... moreC5 also has huge message storage capacity.
We can transfer message to memory card. It also runs smoothly.
Julian, 03 Jan 2011MyPhoneExplorer shows a total capacity of 19261 sms. Not sure if that's correct.it should be correct.....
coz in SE phones the message is stored in the phones own memory area, which's size is corresponding to the phone memory...means bigger the phone memory bigger the message storage space....
and not like stupid nokia c5 using its phone memory and memory card slowing itself down
another advantage is the memory card and phone memory can be filed upto 520kb left and still the phone runs smooth and fast as always......c5 stupids can you people dream of succh a thing???
Julian, 04 Jan 2011Does anyone know the exact audio and video specifications required to play videos on the zylo?... morewell mine played the 'eminem-not afraid' mp4 720pixels downloaded directly from youtube..the file weighs a heavy 88mb....
i think you should update your phone using SEUS before commenting on it, coz from your comments i think u haven't even seen the phone
Curious_man, 03 Jan 2011Hi friends,
I am looking fwd to buy Sony Ericsson Zylo but I have Two questions/concerns whic... morethe inbox contained upto 980 messages and counting still no memory full or anything like that...
the battery is great hours of music play,some video play,hundreds of messages and several calls along with internet usage and still the battery stands for 1.5 days which is pretty heavy
Does anyone know the exact audio and video specifications required to play videos on the zylo? A lot of mp4 and h.264 files i've tried don't play.
Curious_man, 03 Jan 2011Hi friends, I am looking fwd to buy Sony Ericsson Zylo but I have Two questions/concerns whic... moreMyPhoneExplorer shows a total capacity of 19261 sms. Not sure if that's correct.
Shuhailnp, 03 Jan 2011Go to messages - conversation , then press left dpad Hey thanks man, i figured it out.
How much have you filled your 16gb card? What brand and speed class is it?
Anonymous, 03 Jan 2011 really wish to buy this phone.. my requirement is-
1) great signal reception (signal bar d... more1. It shows full signal, but in reality the performance is poor. Voice breaks and cuts out, and sounds muffled at times. Pretty unsatisfactory in this day and age.
2. Not very loud and not very clear. Just acceptable.
3. Speaker is pathetic, especially for speakerphone. For music, it's just about ok, and ringtones are a bit soft but clear.
4. Player is not bad, got a manual eq. Not too many settings.
5. keypad is good. Kinda flat but i can type pretty fast on it. I use the dictionary more than multitap though.
6. Yeah, who needs wifi ;-)
7. Camera is decent. Haven't tried video yet.
8. No gps but the location services are awesome. Very good navigation too using google maps.
9. i HATE flips and swivels, don't really like sliders, but this is kinda ok. The closing part is an unnecessary chore IMO, but a slider's the only way to get this screen size in a non-touch phone.
I am looking fwd to buy Sony Ericsson Zylo but I have Two questions/concerns which I believe can be answered here:
1) What is the inbox capacity as I am a very heavy user when it comes to messages?
2) How is the battery, I mean does it drains off fast or is it good?
Anyone who is using this phone pls answer my questions asap.