I've been using it for 3 months, and I love it, Battery issues doens´t matter for me, I came with a combination of option on/off for some features, And it run fantastic for 3 days.
Screen always On
GPS Off (I use the phone gps instead)
Wifi Off (I use phone data)
I have a Pacman watchface
I use regulary :
Spotify (Browsing and pause/play )
Endomondo (for keep my bike training updated)
Google Now for Calling and texting (I have sony bluetooth headphones NWZ-WS613)
I never used to use watches of any kind, I choose this, beacause I bike daily and need to put away my phone (Sony Z3) beacause my biking clothes doesn´t have room for it.
So I put it on my bag and get going wireless
Love my watch!!!
Hand gstures doesn´t work that well, but at least one gesture works, and "Ok google" confuse my languages (Spanish, English and portugueses) and undestand nothing.
But I got used to use my nose to navigate while biking
A question Before I'll buy it... If your wrist is 23-24 cm. Can I wear it? So, the length of the bracelet or the biggest wrist to fit in...
AnonD-502204, 17 Feb 2016Anybody ever find out why the watch comes with NFC rather than the more useful Heart rate moni... moreNFC may be used for mobile payments as soon as this functionality is fully implemented into Android Wear. It could possibly also trigger some ITTT actions when in contact with smart tags. It's kind of useless right now but it might come in handy very soon. If you really need heart rate monitoring use a bluetooth chest strap - they're likely more precise anyway since they rely on sweat to work unlike the optical sensors which tend to work best on dry skin.
Sakthi , 28 Jan 2016how to on smartwatch speaker??? Pls tell I believe that "Marshmallow" Android Wear 6 implements the speaker function.
Anybody ever find out why the watch comes with NFC rather than the more useful Heart rate monitor? All the NFC does is connect the watch to the phone, which is what bluetooth is for. If you own the watch what use do you have for NFC?
sampreeth , 14 Feb 2016it works only android phone....? or both android and ios phones.any one suggest me... Works with both but one os at a time
it works only android phone....? or both android and ios phones.any one suggest me...
Not satisfied with the specifications given of SONY SMART WATCH 3, which is far superior in terms of compatibility as it supports Android 4.4 and above, iOS 9.2 and above with maximum apps available over play store, and in comparison features Samsung is rated very high, as per usability it doesn't matches. Looks like just promoting Samsung Gear S2.
Users please check the full features and than go for the good one.
Best android watch and now connects to iphone also by downloading android wear in ios.
Sakthi , 28 Jan 2016how to on smartwatch speaker??? Pls tell There is no speakers
Visitor, 15 Dec 2015A brief correction in response to a few mistakes in the given specs here:
1) This watch has... moreSony seem to think that it does have a loud speaker.
Scroll down to were is says music and you will see...
Music: Listening to offline music from smartwatch speaker and via a BT headset
nono, 04 Jan 2016 NO!Another smart guy, YES, he can! There is Android wear app in App store!
will it show notification of
plz Tell me....
what are the app notifications can i see in the watch....replay plz?
Hi guys thanks for your efforts. Just a question. I use sony z3 compact which is connected with my sony watch 3. Recently i started using an iPhone 5s as my second phone. Will it be possible to connect that too with my sw3?
I mean both phones connected to my sw3.
Btw i have upgraded all my devices to latest versions.
Thanks again for replying.
A brief correction in response to a few mistakes in the given specs here:
1) This watch has NO loudspeakers but could be paired with a Bluetooth handsfree for listening music via Google Play Music, which has to be certainly installed on your cellphone.
2) The provided GPS, supports GLONASS and BEIDOU as well. As a proof, you may install any relevant wear GPS tracking software to see. However, the GPS signal reception is so weak and sluggish in this watch that you'd just forget about it.
3) Battery usage actually wont last for no more than one single day, even in the case of a very regular usage even with NO GPS utilization, at all. Maximally up to 30 hours and so, not more. (Using android wear 5.1.1 and entirely updated)
4) In the SENSORS list, the ambient light sensor has been missed. It does insit in the unit, though doesn't really much performing (ver. 5.1.1, so far)
6) Only 2.6GB out of 4GB of the watch storage is available to use. While the local OS and softwares also occupy this 2.6 amount, which is around 300MB net usage of the OS affairs. Additional watch surface and installing programs would consume more and more of this remained space. So this is common for your entire data. OS and programs.
There are also two optional straps available in pure white and sport pure pink. The mentioned "yellow" color (by Sony official website) is actually lime green (with a fluorescent touch) and not pure yellow.
SMS/Mail fans need to remember that the ENTIRE communication abilities of this watch is depending on voice. Naturally, it doesn't support keyboard for typing. Allegedly, there are complimentary software to cover this need.