FO2, 25 Aug 2019Why do you say Sony messed up a lot on this one? Do you have it or have you tried it? I don't think he has ever tried the xperia 1 in the store neither if he owns one.
Joe N, 22 Aug 2019Sony really messed up a lot, now I am going for another brand that suits me. Good bye Sony Xpe... moreWhy do you say Sony messed up a lot on this one? Do you have it or have you tried it?
If you compare this phone to the XZ2 Premium (the last 4K smartphone) the improvements are insane.
As someone who was searching around for ages trying to find a cheap XZ2 Premium only to then get this phone a few weeks ago I couldn't be happier.
Gino76ph, 18 Aug 2019On the verge of getting an an Xperia 1. But I'm curious to know:
1. Can i turn off the Slide ... more1 yes
2 not dedicated mode but great pics in low light
3 eis on all cameras, ois only in main and telephoto
4 there is a screen "flash" on front camera
5 Not sure
6 false, YES it has face unlock
7 Dolby can be enable on all content
8 Not dark theme yet, coming in Android 10
Gino76ph, 21 Aug 2019So do you mean the slow-mo (MOD) option on the camera app is a "dedicated" slow-mo option to c... moreFor slow-mo indeed there is a separate option. You can only take 2-3 seconds of slow mo. No other phone can film long time in slow mo. You choose slow-mo mode and start filming and then at the right time you press for slow-mo and you get the slow-mo section on your movie. You can do this as long you have battery or space. For example you may film a 1 hour movie but you can only take 2-3 seconds of slow-mo at one time. Indeed the 32bit/284khz audio sounds better on paper but it also matters the sound processing and the headphones you have. I am not a audiophile so i can not say. There must be a mall near you where you can find such a phone. Maybe a Sony center? I live in Romania near Bucharest and i played with the phone at the mall to make myself an ideea about this device. I also read a lot of reviews. I recommend that you look at and read reviews. For me it was easy in choosing this phone. I always had phones from Sony-Ericsson days and then only Sony so it was natural for me. I had the following : Sony-Ericsson k750 then Sony-Ericsson k800i which i kept it a very long time an then i got my first smartphone a Sony M4 aqua. Next was Sony Xz premium and now Xperia 1.
AlexP, 22 Aug 2019I have Xperia 1 and OnePlus 7pro. And these 2 are best phones in 2019. I don't care what you t... moreI agree that Oneplus 7 Pro is one of 2019 best smartphones but Sony... Sorry but no, I will even go for iPhone Xr instead of Xperia 1
Sony really messed up a lot, now I am going for another brand that suits me. Good bye Sony Xperia phones
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2019you mean proven superior phones .....I have Xperia 1 and OnePlus 7pro. And these 2 are best phones in 2019. I don't care what you think about, nobody cares your opinion in this article good luck (unknown phones)
bybyx, 21 Aug 20191. Yes you can. You can choose in the display settings between Creator Mode powered by CineAlt... moreSo do you mean the slow-mo (MOD) option on the camera app is a "dedicated" slow-mo option to capture just slow-mo videos? I also heard that 960fps slow-mo takes only 2-3 seconds? Please clarify.
I found out the Sony supports 24-bit/192kHz audio whilst the older Galaxy S9+ supports 32-bit/384kHz audio which IMO is better. But does having fancy features such as LDAC, Apt-X HD, Hi-res audio and DSEE-HX help counter that and actually make listening especially via bluetooth headphones better than the S9+?
It's almost useless and hopeless to go to a shop and try out an Xperia 1 these days. Why? Because the phones would either be in retail mode or the battery is not fully charged or the software is not updated. Hence, I ask for help me and those for me are invaluable and I appreciate all comments in here.
I am a Sony Xpera XZ user and I am not going back to Sony anymore. Sony are disappointing
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2019There are a lot of exciting phones out there like Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, etc whi... moreDude, if you don't like Sony downright, why the heck you even bothering commenting at every Sony article or related pieces of stuff here at GSMArena? Go find another company suits your preferences and let the Sony fans (including myself) have peacetime of their own for now. We had more than enough fighting for a single Sony article here... Besides, uniqueness and originalities are some of the reasons why fans adore Sony phones for enough while... Sure not all, but that's what I acknowledged...
AlexP, 21 Aug 2019Good luck with unknown phonesyou mean proven superior phones .....
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2019There are a lot of exciting phones out there like Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, etc whi... moreWhy do you look at Xperia 1 and write kind of funny posts like this one, if you hate it???
Go and discuss those unknown brands. Thank you for your understanding
There are a lot of exciting phones out there like Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, etc while Sony phones must be avoided. There is no good reason to buy Sony phones at all.
Gino76ph, 20 Aug 2019Cheers for your quoc answers. I have some more questions if i may:
1. Is there a way to actua... more1. Yes you can. You can choose in the display settings between Creator Mode powered by CineAlta tech from Sony and Standard Mode. You can also change the white balance and there is a night time mode that makes it easy on the eyes.
2. I dont think you can take slow-mo while you filming and then resume. When i open the camera app there is an icon named MOD that appears. Touch that and it goes into a menu where you can choose different options. By default above de MOD icon a small symbol appears that looks like this: ((O . It is the symbol for taking slow-mo videos. I guess Sony wanted to make the slow-mo option to be the first option that you have.
3.DSEE according to Sony is used to improve the quality of audio files. I am not an audiophile so i can't comment on that, but i find the audio quality very good even with the standard headphones the phone has.
4. I presume you are talking about Google Camera GCam APK. Is that a Cyanogen mod? For that you should ask on the forums there. It might not be compatible with Xperia 1.
My advice for you is to go in to a shop and see the phone yourself. Play a bit with the device as there are units on display and you can see how it performs.
bybyx, 20 Aug 2019Hello, i have the phone since july and i am very pleased with it. I have been a Iong time Sony... moreCheers for your quoc answers. I have some more questions if i may:
1. Is there a way to actually change the colour temperature of the screen much like Huawei's? Or the screen Settings are "fixed"?
2. Is there a way to record a video then turn on or toggle on the slow-mo feature? Or do I have to take a slow-mo on the exact moment?
3. Does the DSEE feature acts as an "upscaler" to your mp3 files?
4. Is it true that it is not possible to install the GCam apk or mod? Is there a workaround?
When will the gsmarena team report on the numerous Xperia 2 leaks? There was a case on the Amazon and other sites. There were benchmark tests and a leak about a possible RAM/ROM configurations. Hell, there has been a leak about a 5" compact device. You report every Huawei leak no matter how shady it is.
Gino76ph, 18 Aug 2019On the verge of getting an an Xperia 1. But I'm curious to know:
1. Can i turn off the Slide ... moreHello, i have the phone since july and i am very pleased with it. I have been a Iong time Sony fan but i am not a power user , so here are my 2 cents.
1. Yes you can turn off slide sense.
2. Unfortunately there is no dedicated night mode for taking photos or videos. I wish Sony would give a choice.😠
3. I rarely take selfies as i am not interested in the habits of this crazy world 😁😁. The camera has fixed focus and no gimmicks.
4. I never took a selfie during night 😂😂 time but i dont think there is. Are there any phones that have a flash with the selfie camera?
5. GSM arena review mentions that audio is recorded in stereo with a 156 kbps bit rate in any video mode.
6. The side sensor works for me like a charm. It never failed me so far. It is quite fast. Only when i have a wet finger it doesnt work properly.
7. It is prrety loud. 81 decibels are mentioned in the review. The Dolby settings can be turned on or off in audio settings.
8. I dont know about dark theme, there is a dark theme to choose from in the settings but i like light themes only and i never used the dark theme.
9. The battery is enough for me. I am not a power user so i get 2 days of usage.
In the link below there is a excellent review that will provide better answers. There are also many more.