Vineet Reddy, 24 May 2020LG V30 was not bad hell was far better than S8. But for less than that price you could have pu... moreGet the XZ Premium and deal with terrible battery life and massive bezels? Yeah I don't think so.
joe nodden, 24 May 2020Lmao 60hz is 60hz dude. You can't make it seem smoother than it actually is. Try an actual 120... moreYou can make a 370Hz display to only work in 60fps and it could still make you believe it's only a 60Hz display.
Ever since Xperia X, Sony's constantly using natively 120Hz displays for their upper mid range and flagships. Heck, they even went as far as up to 144Hz with the XZ2 Premium in 2018. Obviously the Xperia 1 and 1 Mk II are no exception, for having native 120Hz refresh rate but only locked down by software to 60Hz.
Besides, SD865 doesn't support more than 60Hz in 4K, so Sony had to do some software magic to make it work for at least 90Hz and give you an immersive viewing experience that only Sony can provide you.
joe nodden, 24 May 2020Lmao 60hz is 60hz dude. You can't make it seem smoother than it actually is. Try an actual 120... moreYep, us Sony users will be very disappointed watching our 24 fps films on a 21:9 4k hdr oled screen with stereo front facing speakers. If only we had 120hz so we could watch the film at hmm 24fps. Wait a second .......
Shanti Dope, 24 May 2020You probably have never seen Sony's Motion Smoothing algorithms on their Bravia TVs, well lemm... moreLmao 60hz is 60hz dude. You can't make it seem smoother than it actually is. Try an actual 120hz panel instead of one of those fake ones, then get back to me.
Holy moly 2100 comments and still increasing...
This phone is officially the king of smartphones, even when it is not here yet. Haha take that haters, 2020 and Sony still gets all your attention. Galaxy, iPhone and chinese brands are only virgins when standing beside this chad.
And yeah btw, keep saying Sony makes useless tech, 1-2 years later all manufacturers in the world will copy it and some will say they invented it. Same thing happened to IP68, 960 super slow motion, 4K HDR recording,... Don't worry, as long as you haters still make Sony popular, Sony will still produce better and more amazing features to the mobile industry, and you will be able to have those features from your favorite brands just 2 years later.
RishiGuru, 24 May 2020Well I own the Xperia XZ1 & a pair of LG V30+ from 2017. Personally my preference always t... moreLG V30 was not bad hell was far better than S8. But for less than that price you could have purchased XZ Premium "King of Smartphones-2017" but yeah that is your personal preference. As long as you are satisfied that is fine.
Gilvanio, 24 May 2020https://youtu.be/0cXlP-BM7TY
Thanks for the link.
I believe he had the settings wrong on the Xperia 1 for the inicial video comparison. The Xperia 1 appears to be in 4k not 1080, as the stabilization was a lot worse than the mark 2, but it appeared sharper.
In any case the mark 2 stabilization looks very impressive
Shanti Dope, 24 May 2020And people still say they can't see a difference between FHD and UHD LMAO the same joke fro... moreBut Sony needs to get there camera game up the lights where over blown.... I was disappointed in the camera of Sony next to the iphone
Vineet Reddy, 24 May 2020You are wrong if you think SONY was failure before 2014 the year when it completely abandoned ... moreWell I own the Xperia XZ1 & a pair of LG V30+ from 2017. Personally my preference always tends to V30+. You may call it my personal preference. To me the V30+ is a much better device as it suits my taste to a T. Others may vary.
Smithravi, 24 May 2020One thing to remember is that LG also have the same fate of Sony, not many sales (It's uniquen... moreMy few cents:
1) It is true LG is having poor sales in India, but at-least they are trying & experimenting new directions. LG Velvet is a good try in the right direction in higher mid-range. However their sales figures are still much healthier than Sony smartphones worldwide.
2) Motorola came back to India with their Moto G lineup when they were owned by Google and not by any Chinese company.
3) It is true Samsung in India has more market share because of it's mid-range mobiles and not because of flagships. This is a trait of any healthy company. Generate good revenue from every avenue, provide cutting edge innovations and technology in flagships as now you are healthy and have the money to do so. The company should also provide solid VFM mid-rangers and also make basic smartphones at very competitive prices for those graduating from feature phones to smartphones. That's a true smartphone company, a handset available to every people for every need. I salute Samsung.
4) Lets me tell you a true fact my friend. Everybody is here to do business and generate revenue. And Sony is no exception. Any sane mind knows you cannot get the same quality of a flagship in a mid-range phone. The price speaks for itself. The very reason why Sony smartphone division retreated back from many countries is because of their lack of competitive edge and bad price to performance ratio in mid-range "cash cow" segment. They did not generate the revenue to hit back hard. Heck they did not have even a proper marketing budget which only means the division was suffering.
5) Quality of a product depends on which price bracket one is operating. If you are asking of a $1000+ price bracket, quality comes by default. In that sense their is negligible difference in quality between a Sony, Samsung LG, Apple & Huawei flagship. And in this regard Samsung & Huawei is in the fore front on innovations as they have most money to do so. Sony & LG lags behind. It then all boils down to which manufacturer ecosystem you like the most. A healthy company like Samsung or Huawei will have phones in $1000~$1400+ price range to generate very high profit, $500~$700 per devices sold.
6) Day by day it is becoming very hard for Japanese & Korean manufacturers to create a mid-range phone of same quality as a Chinese brand for the same price. Sony like LG does not have the know-how of this magic formula so they do not venture into it. It is not because they do not want to. A big company will try to generate revenue from any stream possible and grow. That is the number one rule of any big company like Sony. Grow and generate more revenue. Innovate with the money. Request you to get down from the high horse and stop thinking that Sony only makes expensive smartphones as they want to retain quality. Samsung now is trying very hard with their mid-range M series line-up with some success.
7) In the end it is very easy to create a $1000+ phone and talk about quality & performance. It is very hard to repeat the same for a $400 product. Chinese manufacturers my friend have already won the battle in the sub $500 segment and with phones like OnePlus 8 Pro, Oppo Find X2, Huawei Mate & P series, they are getting desperately close in the head to head flagship battle with the bigs. I only hope all companies co-exist and we the consumers get a lot of varieties to try from.
Vineet Reddy, 24 May 2020You are wrong if you think SONY was failure before 2014 the year when it completely abandoned ... moreAbsolutely, u just said d succinct words right outta my lips...'couldnt av puttit any better!!!😌👏🏾💯👌🏾
Anonymous, 24 May 2020https://youtu.be/aiVWHwENkJw
Xperia 1 ii screen humiliates iphone 11 pro screen.
At 7:38 And people still say they can't see a difference between FHD and UHD
LMAO the same joke from 2015 is still being used today
Dennis.K, 24 May 2020Yes, when i broke the screen of my Mi 9 EE i coupdn't get a fingerprint sensor replacement, so... moreCool, sure.
You buy phones to do what? Show-off to your friends?
In that case, why not go all-out and buy the 24K custom iPhones instead?
RishiGuru, 24 May 2020Your words only strengthen the fact Sony smartphones in India already had started to hit the d... moreYou are wrong if you think SONY was failure before 2014 the year when it completely abandoned marketing not only in India but in many countries for no reason. SONY XPERIA Lineup was very successful and had decent market share only next to Micromax and SAMSUNG. To be accurate SONY dominated Higher Mid-range and Flagship category continuously for 3 straight years with M series and Z series respectively. Guess M series was only smartphone that was able to push back SAMSUNG Neo series and end its reign in Mid-range segment all together. Guess Chinese phones were not even popular or well know to masses by the time SONY decided to abandon their marketing. In-fact Xiaomi and OnePlust just entered the Indian Market in late 2014.
And did you just say that "After going the full circle now I realize their is nothing special with my XZ1 but I paid high price as I had limited options back then" after saying "even today I own the Xperia XZ1". That is what my friend makes SONY so special. Just imagine if you purchased S4 or Note 3 where would that have ended. Do you really believe that you could have said that you still own S4 or Note 3 after 6-7Yrs of straight usage. Not a possibility my friend. They would have given up long time ago initially would have made you go crazy with frequent Lagging and then battery would have dropped like hell and final stage frequent crashes and device turning off when required. I my self used SONY Z1 for 6 straight years and guess not even a single time it crashed or even lagged. Agree battery went down but that was after good 4-5Yrs of continuous usage and even after that for casual usage it lasted almost a day. My friends who purchased SAMSUNG flagships from multiple generations had to go through hell. I mean even OnePlus is far better than SAMSUNG specially S series.