[deleted post]That is true for everything, cars, televisions, toaster. You choose a company because you like how that put all of the pieces together and what they prioritize, as it is impossible to be the absolute best at everything. I disagree with some of your points and agree with others. Refresh rate does have its uses and there is more to 4k than just ppi, the colours for one are also improved. Try finding a you tube video side by side comparison of hd Vs 4k and you can tell the difference and that is only half the screen so with double the screen size it will be more obvious. A different question is the need to see that clarity and if without the side by side you can tell the difference
For every people fighting and debating over here-
People, wake up! No company want your loyalty. They just need your money! Reasons-
1) 120 Hz, 144 Hz or any high refresh rate display is not gonna work for you in games it's all because the downloaded games from play store is not gonna surpass 60 fps! Same goes for movies, makes no sense! Just fluid UI and browsing experience is all you gonna get, Which is nice! So, don't talk like you are a serious gamer so you opted for a 120+ Hz display. You must say- "I keep on swiping up and down, right and left and I do lot of readings in a smartphone" To have a 120+ Hz display.
2) Well our vision as humans is limited to 300 ppi! Anything beyond that is useless! Unless you are a superhuman! So you are just wasting power or energy to run a 2x more ppi display which looks all the same for you! Anybody saying he/she spots the difference should be living in a dilemma or should be a superhuman! I am not gonna listen to them, unless they are a doctor or scientist related to human vision! There is a difference only if you are into VR!
3) Everyone using their 48 Mpx, 64 Mpx or 108 Mpx cameras in a smartphone is not running their camera with all features and with the full Mpx potential of their camera! So, why baffle about it anymore? Don't you feel like they are cheating on us with this?
4) There is stress involved in battery if you charge your phone battery, the faster you charge the much the stress! Doesn't matters if you are increasing the volts or amps... Finally it's watts! There are a lot of thing about a battery starting from mAh to chemical used! No in depth here. But one thing, Smartphone explosion should be minimised!
5) If you won't have a competitor, you'll do everything at your will and you will be a stubborn- same goes to the companies worldwide!
6) Increasing RAM is a shorter, more economical and easiest way other than to write an OS, UI, software or anything else to run in a minimum memory! Speed of the RAM is as important as to have a sufficient RAM! Next time you buy a smartphone check the speed of RAM other than compromising on it with a 12 or 16 gb of ram in a smartphone!
7) Everybody over here fights for a company, but know that a smartphone from a company is made or assembled with different parts of different companies! They have such a good ecosystem! They even include the parts or manufactured raw goods from their rivals!
iPhone and Sony- Have their display manufactured by Samsung!
iPhone- Display manufactured by LG.
Samsung- Camera sensors from Sony.
Sony- Camera sensors from Samsung
RAM and ROM (including UFS) is mostly from Samsung. Chinese phones would mostly deploy micron's ones to be cost effective!
Same goes with the battery. There are Sony (sold out I guess), Panasonic. Samsung, LG and even more. But mostly though Lithium-ion chargeable battery was invented by Sony, the technology has gone even further with few more Lithium kind batteries, smartphone manufacturers sticking to their own.. and maybe that's why we see more explosions nowadays.
So... people, though you are holding a/an Sony, Samsung, Vivo, Oppo, Apple, Redmi or just any smartphone.... Know that you are actually holding a system of assembly which contains the parts of different manufacturers! They don't care about it, just because they are making money out of it! So no more bashing and harassing.
ibrahimferhadli, 22 May 2020Too much expensive. In other way, Time to wait for some review and feedback. But I don't under... moreI highly doubt that Qualcomm, Zeiss and the rest of the components give Sony a discount because Sony plan to sell a particular phone in a certain country. and they obviously aren't going to make a loss. So I am afraid that being a poorer country or richer one doesn't affect production costs. Maybe you will have less tax though, if that is any help
Too much expensive. In other way, Time to wait for some review and feedback. But I don't understand why does Sony sell too expensive. Hope they will change their mind. 1200 euro in 3rd world countries is very high price.
AhmedSLL, 22 May 2020Wrong, the edge+ is not released yet in Europe, they've just released it in India for exactly ... moreYes, it is said to come to Europe this month at a price of 1,199 EUR
Clearly says there, go read the full thing
Dennis.K, 22 May 2020Those are the Europe prices, Moto Edge+ cost â‚¬1.199 in Europe, this is n't an amer... moreWrong, the edge+ is not released yet in Europe, they've just released it in India for exactly 1000$, I looked for European prices and they don't exist (FYI, I don't live in the US). And my point was that 256Go phones should be compared with their 256Go counterparts in price and not the lower storage option, I know you understand this very well, but many people just look at the price written in the bottom and start immediately complaining without knowing which versions they're talking about.
The phone looks better than the Samsung S20 series The functionality of the phone makes more sense than the other phones. The price is higher than I would expect. I would prefer to purchase at £950 with the free headphones and/or they could give £200 voucher towards the PS5.
ALonZo, 22 May 2020If this phone is worth £1200, then I am baffled. 8GB of RAM and a 60hz refresh rate? Rea... moreQuit joking, you're not gonna end up uaing all those 12 gigs of RAM, neither are you going to watch any 120fps content(cause there isn't even any advantage there and as another guy who replied to you said,no 120fps content out there) or play any games in 120fps cause ther are barely any of them, it's just a waste of battery
Instead, th aube 4K resolution this screen provides lets you actually watch 4K content on youtune and the camera is on Pro camera level (you could even shoot a youtube video as if you normally shot it with an actual camera)
Anonymous, 22 May 2020it adds opinion about the price. Stop blindly defending them. Sony is asking quite a lot, prob... moreIt doesn't add anything. The overpricing is talked about endlessly through this comment section. The dead horse has been beaten into a soup by now. Its not defending a company to want a comment section with intelligent conversations and recent updates on the device for reviews/ availability.
Anonymous, 22 May 2020why xperia 1 II Is gaming phoneIt's more of a multimedia and camera phone for a specific market. If you want a gaming phone there are better alternatives
ALonZo, 22 May 2020If this phone is worth £1200, then I am baffled. 8GB of RAM and a 60hz refresh rate? Rea... moreIn my opinion it's debatable if ANY phone out there is worth so much money. But this phone has a 4K Display, no Notch/Punch Hole, a 3.5mm Audio Jack with a powerful DAC, Cinema Pro/Photo Pro Apps for manual Control, stereo front facing speakers which are all things that set it apart from other android phones.
I would rather buy a phone that has things I actually need, instead of a phone that has, for example, even more unused RAM that will do nothing for me. Better numbers don't equal to a better phone, if they have no real use
ALonZo, 22 May 2020If this phone is worth £1200, then I am baffled. 8GB of RAM and a 60hz refresh rate? Rea... moreBut you have 4k. Ok let me try to explain this carefully. If you watch a side by side comparison of 120hz and 60/90 Hz of animation or games you WILL notice a difference. If you watch a film, series or sports match with the same side by side comparison their is NO visual difference because even the sport is only 60fps, 30fps for TV and 24fps for films. So having a screen refresh at 120 Hz when their is only 24 frames to see in a second will not make a difference.
Now if you watch 4k side by side with a hd 1080i 120hz screen on any fps rate you WILL always see a difference.
We know that sd865 does not support 4k at over 60hz. So before saying that the phone should have 120hz to be worth the price, I ask you which is more important for your needs? Does 120hz mean the phone is more advanced or does 4k mean the phone is more advanced? That depends on what you do with it.
But to base the idea of price acceptability on refresh rate alone is a very basic observation
[deleted post]it adds opinion about the price. Stop blindly defending them. Sony is asking quite a lot, probably just because others get away with it.
If this phone is worth £1200, then I am baffled. 8GB of RAM and a 60hz refresh rate? Really? For that price point I'd have at least expected 12GB RAM and the very least a 120hz refresh rate. £1200 for this phone is a crazy price. This phone should have been around £800 tops, based on it's specs.
There is much better competition out there if you wish to cough up that much money.
GeeSquer4U, 22 May 2020Sony sells camera to other brands but they itself uses ZEISS lens. But why? Are sony camera no... morejust the sensor... they also have g lens, yes... but zeiss makes images better... i have nokia n8 and nokia 909 and zeiss lenses on them are amazing... captures result to clear UK images
RishiGuru, 22 May 2020I smell a Sony fanboy. But their is nothing wrong with that. I also rather be one than not. Ho... morenice points... i am not sure if i am an xperia loyalists, then... :-D
i tried nokia, lg, alcatel, lenovo, xperia, cloudphone, firefly mobile, htc, asus... and found xperia as my "sweet spot"... both my personal phone and work phone are xperias... i sold some, i keep some... like lg g4 nokia n8 and nokia 909, those are great camera phones... that is why i am excited with the camera system of xperia 1II... btw, somehow i consider myself an xperia "fan" despite the fact that i dont always upgrade... still on z5 premium as it still works the way i want it... but with a lot of changes (except the classic design), xperia 1 II is very promising...