Easy to hold and use
Software runs very smooth
3 years of main updates
120hz refresh rate
Battery last well
Camera can be a bit fiddly to take a excellent shot, mainly due to lack of knowledge of controlling.
I swapped my S20 to this and it feels like a big upgrade due to performance of running
- 120 Hz
- Equal sounds
- Easy to hold in one hand
- All games run perfectly and the one game they advertised the phone with (COD Mobile) constantly crashes and gives me the message: System UI stopped working. Very disappointing.
- Extreme overheating.
-Camera tries to make everything look nice and gives a unnatural look.
Kosova, 23 Dec 2020The phone is great, i had it for 48h But te thing that made me return the phone is, poor netw... morei heard about network connectivity issues (not connecting or unstable connection when the signal is weaker, though other phones are working fine, overheating and excessive battery drain when transferring data over the network connection) from other sources too. it seems to me as being related to devices bought from UK. other people here with the same complaint?
#SonyXperia has hit the sweet spot around this time with the launch of the Xperia 5ii. Good job and well done.
1st of all, your specs looks good! Stock Android smooth, camera with Alpha α tech.
1. 4000mAH battery with 6.1inch with battery endurance rating of 102hrs. Modern smart phone indicator shall be not lesser than endurance rating of 95hrs! Bravo Sony
2. No notch OLED display! 21:9 Cinematic display with 120hz refresh rate. Awesome!
3. Symmetrical design for Top and Bottom bezel / display!
4. Front facing stereo speakers.
5. All rounder camera for professional and everyday needs.
6. Very handy design / compact at 68mm Width.
7. IP 65/68 rating!
8. Nice color selection : especially grey color. Down to personal taste. At least for me.
1. No wireless charging!!! Anyway, luckily the juice is big enough at 4000mAH for daily usage.
2. Charging speed or wattage is not big with supplied charger at only 18w.
3. Do not bundle with Sony wireless earphones when launching! You may actually lower down the price for easier possession and purchasing of the public. This is poor marketing idea. At least to save your Sony Mobile division.
The phone is great, i had it for 48h
But te thing that made me return the phone is, poor network reception.
Battery is great.
joe nodden, 23 Dec 2020What the hell are you talking about.What are you talking about?
joe nodden, 22 Dec 20201) It doesn't matter if "Sony shows pixel binning first", that means literally ... moreYou don't have to explain me the obvious.
I worked a little with Alpha 9 and 7s2 and 7s3.
Low light is my soul.
Lucas N82, 22 Dec 20201. Sony shows pixel binning first. That tech will never have the same performance as normal RG... more1) It doesn't matter if "Sony shows pixel binning first", that means literally nothing here. Neither do the patents. Stop sucking Sony off for 3 damn seconds. Honestly.
2) Let's simplify this with an easy to understand example to make it so you can comprehend this. Take a 1 inch sensor with 1024 pixels. Then take a 1 inch sensor with 1048576 pixels. Do you seriously think the fact that the fact that the pixels are over a thousand times bigger in the first sensor is gonna change the fact that we're comparing a 1 kilopixel sensor to a 1 megapixel camera? No. Nothing, at all is better about that kilopixel camera. Any extra photons per pixel in the kilopixel camera do literally nothing at all to help the fact that it's going to produce hideous low light shots.
3) The gsmarena camera benchmarks are shot on some sort of mount, each under exactly the same conditions so they can be accurately compared. The example shots you see in reviews are not because those aren't meant for comparison, they're meant for showing results out on the field.
What you've done is taken those results not meant for comparison, and compared them to your own shots in COMPLETELY different conditions, under completely different control, and of course, with completely different subjects. Your shots actually look worse, but you're lucky I'm not some simple minded cheap person who uses that nonsense to win an argument, because I won't accept those results. This goes both ways, and it's why you test under the exact same conditions. The conditions could have been less ideal for your phone. We will never know because of the method you used to compare them. This is why we use the gsmarena comparison tool.
Lucas N82, 22 Dec 2020Pixell binnig is Sony tech. I saw many test and 108mpx at night is poor and have heavy noise a... moreHey, Great lowlight shots from your Xperia there.
Are those after the newest update?
Havent tried lowlights in Pro Auto mode after the latest update, they used to be a bit too excessive on exposure so I used my MR mode instead, but maybe they fixed it?
Might be using Auto for lowlights from now on...
On a note tho, I did try out the selfie camera after newest update, and they seem to be much better now.
joe nodden, 22 Dec 20201) Pixel binning isn't just used by Sony. I don't know what your point is.
2) You... more1. Sony shows pixel binning first. That tech will never have the same performance as normal RGB (big pixels) sensor. Never. Sony owns many patents, and they showed many innovations as the first in the world.. like:
- Column-Parallel A/D conversion
- Back-illuminated CMOS image sensors
- Stacked CMOS image sensors
- Stacked CMOS image sensor with Cu-Cu connections
- ...and many more
2. My photos were shot at night, auto mode, Photo Pro, from hand.
Some night photos from review of 5II are little strange, like someone have hand-shaking.
Lucas N82, 22 Dec 2020Pixell binnig is Sony tech. I saw many test and 108mpx at night is poor and have heavy noise a... more1) Pixel binning isn't just used by Sony. I don't know what your point is.
2) You just compared a gsmarena photo with your own under completely different conditions, I used two gsmarena photos under the exact same conditions.
joe nodden, 20 Dec 2020Pixel binning buddy. Gsmarena literally does tests for this stuff and the S20 Ultra looks lite... morePixell binnig is Sony tech. I saw many test and 108mpx at night is poor and have heavy noise and very low details.
S20 Ultra ISO400 (night mode):
They are good when you watch that in 8cm size.
Xperia 5II (ISO800, perfect details, no noise):
This phone meets all the criteria I want. Light weight, 3.5mm Jack and Powerful Processor too. Only thing I am not sure that it has 3.5mm jack on Top of the phone rather than bottom (along with the charging port). Not sure how comfortable that would be :(
geek-a-contra, 20 Dec 2020i wonder.. do you have a grasp on terms like "performance" and "usefulness"... moreA Prius gets better miles per gallon than the Lambo, which I guess could be compared to file size here. (That's what I could come up with based on your analogy which you didn't explain at all) But do you think anyone at all is going to go with the Xperia based on the smaller files when they're buying a high end phone with tons of storage.
Luk82, 20 Dec 2020108mpx is worst (than 12mpx) in terms of low light performance. Pixels (in 108mpx sensor) are ... morePixel binning buddy. Gsmarena literally does tests for this stuff and the S20 Ultra looks literally no worse than the Xperia 5 II in the low light test.