safran, 28 Sep 2015Sony c5 good or not,please heloandroid phone are good usually when its new. But after couple of month , problem will arise
I have been using this phone since 4 days ago.
1. This phone takes the most beautiful selfies I have ever seen. Your skin looks smothened out naturally without looking fake-ish.
2. Takes amazing pictures of food if you like to post them on FB. Haven't tried landscape pictures yet as Malaysia is beset by hazy weather.
3. This is personal but I do like the overall design of the phone and that mint green is just so appealing to me.
4. A separate shutter button for the camera.
5. It has fill-in flash that I find to be very useful if you tend to take pictures with very bright background or the sun at your back. I can't wait to try this fill-in flash at a carnival, with all the neon lights behind me :-)
6. You can remove all the software bloat, which I did.
7. Many fun camera effects and modes that you can download and some of them are pretty funny.
8. The flash quality is good and pictures/selfies with flash do not appear whitewashed.
9. Sound quality for music is good (not as good as Samsung S5 or even my Tab S 8.4 though) and there are many sound equalizer settings available.
10. There are some cool Xperia themes available for download, though some of them requires payment.
Now the cons:
1. Low light pictures are passable. Cannot be compared to Samsng flagship phones. I believe the A8 will also be a better performer because of f1.9.
2. Pictures are not exactly sharp 0 this is an on going problem with Sony phone as I found out later. And that's probably why selfies seem good as your skin "appears" to be smooth as silk.
3. Battery sucks big time without stamina mode. But with stamina mode you have to compromise on the real-time update of your chats and emails.
4. The charger that came with it is useless, takes a long time to charge up the phone. I use my Samsung Tab S charger and it is a lot faster with it.
5. Camera shutter button is not easy to press esp the second press for taking picture.
6. It does lag in some cases, even in more demanding camera modes or effects.
7. Speaker is soft, not loud enough. Didn't use the ClearAudio setting though to test it again.
8. The phone does get warm when the camera function is used but it is not unbearably hot.
9. I suspect the dual SIM version got the inferior quality screen as the screen appears whitish (very bad blacks) out of the box. You will have to tweak the white balance yourself under the settings mode to get some semblance of deep blacks.
This is my first Sony phone in as many years. If you like taking pictures and selfies this is the phone for you. If you want beautful vivid screen get the A8. Super AMOLED is still the best screen on the market. If you want a powerhouse phone, don't even think about getting this phone. If you like your phone thin and light, A8 is for you. This one is pretty hefty by today's standard.
Even with all the issues above the phone is a grower on me. I can't quite explain why. Some how I am still satisfied with it. I'll give it a month before I update you guys on my thoughts about the phone further.
zen1986, 23 Sep 2015Wait for the next update to Marshmallow, the rest will follow.Sony c5 good or not,please helo
AnonD-440679, 26 Sep 2015Hi frnds.. Im going to buy tmrw? Which one should I buy? C5 ultra dual or Samsung a8 duos?sure sony c5
kunj, 26 Sep 2015A8 is better than c5Agreed A8 is better than C5 but for me I love my sexy C5 I have no issues with it so far.
AnonD-440679, 26 Sep 2015Hi frnds.. Im going to buy tmrw? Which one should I buy? C5 ultra dual or Samsung a8 duos?A8 is better than c5
Hi frnds.. Im going to buy tmrw? Which one should I buy? C5 ultra dual or Samsung a8 duos?
AnonD-437451, 24 Sep 2015You are correct. It's a good phone, people saying that it have heating and poor battery proble... moreYa it's full bakwas mobile, it's heating too much without any hard working like gaming, and battery life is so poor don't buy it guys...
I bought this mob 5 days before I'm not satisfied with this
After 1 week used this device, i think it's quite good for me. So far i don't face any heating or battery issue. Maybe bcoz im not a hard gamer. But i'm always use it to stream movies with kodi and it's brilliant by 6" screen. Performance also good enough for me. I'm satisfied with this device after 1 week. Afterthat still don't know :D ... Just for right now it's good enough for me. Will review it again after 1 or 2 month ;p
I am going to buy c5 ultra next week.
should i wait or buy
as i am really scared by reviews of lagging and overheating...
Bad chipset + average battery capacity + big screen = poor battery life...
I'm curious why almost all latest generation devices have got significantly worse battery life than previous generation? Is it latest trend or such a feature..? Come on guys, you can do much better than that...
agree with you anonymous. updates will sort out most of the issues. and i guess sony should have clocked the chip at 1.9 instead of 1.7. currently heating and hanging are two problems which are keeping out the optimal user experience and if sony wants, it can easily remedy both of them.
Bong Salvador, 24 Sep 2015Thanks..bought the Note 5 instead..after i won 2nd prize in Lotto recently.😝Man, that's nice ! Enjoy your Note 5.
Anonymous, 20 Sep 2015In my opinion as C5 user when compared to your beloved Huawei Ascend Mate 7, Huawei is better ... moreThanks..bought the Note 5 instead..after i won 2nd prize in Lotto recently.😝
AnonD-437451, 17 Sep 2015I am going to purchase this phone tomorrow.i m scary to buy this phone read after user opinions . hey! guys what i m do now . i want purchase c5 ultra . heating n hanging is major issue its true or not.this issue will be open after take its xperience .i am using xperia t2 ultra dual since 1 year it has a bettar xperience after use this . it has a better phablet in affordable price. same is here c5 ultra dual . it also a phablet . it is[c5 ultra dual] a upgrade of t2 ultra dual . this is great phone in all android phones . thanku all.....
AnonD-263561, 24 Sep 2015Ok. So now that I have been using c5 ultra dual for like 3 weeks, these are my initial views. ... moreI agree with your comment for this phone. It can be improve a lot with sofware updates like improving the battery life and reduce heat when playing/streaming video. In my opinion right now, C5 Ultra problem is because of Android Lollipop and Sony should update it to 5.1 as soon as possible because I heard good review about 5.1 in Xperia model such as Z2, Z Ultra.
Actually this phone can become more beast and powerful if Sony giving software update to improve and fix bug. But because C5 use Mediatek chipset, we're so so so lucky if we can get Android M.
AnonD-437451, 24 Sep 2015You are correct. It's a good phone, people saying that it have heating and poor battery proble... moreLooks wise phone us awesome but they have some heating problem which makes tense you...bcs we all heard lots of insitens of phone blasting.
Ok. So now that I have been using c5 ultra dual for like 3 weeks, these are my initial views. I use nokia 1020 (damn if I call it a Microsoft) as my second phone so there will be little comparisons to that.
1) Screen: compared to an amoled the screen looks washed out (not deep punchy colors like amoled) but if you have been on LCDs before, you will not find any difference. The resolution is adequate. Not bad, but not very good too. You will not be left wanting for more until you come from eye popping ppis.
2) Chip: My dad uses a Z1 with QC and that also heats up occasionally. Yes, the phone does heats up (and quite regularly too) mainly when you are watching videos or playing games. The phone hanged up on me twice on the day of purchase but after that, its been a smooth ride. Wish sony should have provided a 32 GB option as 16 GB runs out quite soon on android as you tend to play more games on a 6 inch screen.
3) Camera: I use 1020 as an alternate so from my POV, the camera is decent only. On the other hand, front cam is more than you can hope for and even if you are not in selfies, it should do good of capturing scenes behind you in your selfies (epically landscape)
4) Battery: Decent. But sony should have provided at least 3500 mah battery. My usage is usually 2-3 hrs of talking, 3-4 hrs music, 10-12 picks per day, and an hour each of net, videos and games. Do note that my phone is connected to wifi half of the day. At the end of the day (2100 hrs) with day starting at 0800 hrs I am still left with approx 20-25% in reserve. The charger provided by sony is not upto the mark. It easily takes approx 2-3 hrs to go from 25 to 100 %. I use a 2Amp charger and get the same thing done in an hour max.
The biggest plus for me of this phone is its body to screen ratio (which was the main reason I got it). It fits in my one hand and most of the work can be done in that way even with the 6 inch screen.
So would I recommend this phone??? No, until you value the body to screen ratio and phone handling very high like me. ThatÂ’s the biggest USP of this phone. You can get a mi 4 and save yourself quite a few bucks. Heck, you even can buy 02 lenovo k3 notes and still save some bucks. Everyone has some special needs when it comes to buying a phone and as per my needs, I am completely satisfied with it. There are few niggles but they mostly are software related and hope sony will sort them out with future updates.