agree with you anonymous. updates will sort out most of the issues. and i guess sony should have clocked the chip at 1.9 instead of 1.7. currently heating and hanging are two problems which are keeping out the optimal user experience and if sony wants, it can easily remedy both of them.
Bong Salvador, 24 Sep 2015Thanks..bought the Note 5 instead..after i won 2nd prize in Lotto recently.😝Man, that's nice ! Enjoy your Note 5.
Anonymous, 20 Sep 2015In my opinion as C5 user when compared to your beloved Huawei Ascend Mate 7, Huawei is better ... moreThanks..bought the Note 5 instead..after i won 2nd prize in Lotto recently.😝
AnonD-437451, 17 Sep 2015I am going to purchase this phone tomorrow.i m scary to buy this phone read after user opinions . hey! guys what i m do now . i want purchase c5 ultra . heating n hanging is major issue its true or not.this issue will be open after take its xperience .i am using xperia t2 ultra dual since 1 year it has a bettar xperience after use this . it has a better phablet in affordable price. same is here c5 ultra dual . it also a phablet . it is[c5 ultra dual] a upgrade of t2 ultra dual . this is great phone in all android phones . thanku all.....
AnonD-263561, 24 Sep 2015Ok. So now that I have been using c5 ultra dual for like 3 weeks, these are my initial views. ... moreI agree with your comment for this phone. It can be improve a lot with sofware updates like improving the battery life and reduce heat when playing/streaming video. In my opinion right now, C5 Ultra problem is because of Android Lollipop and Sony should update it to 5.1 as soon as possible because I heard good review about 5.1 in Xperia model such as Z2, Z Ultra.
Actually this phone can become more beast and powerful if Sony giving software update to improve and fix bug. But because C5 use Mediatek chipset, we're so so so lucky if we can get Android M.
AnonD-437451, 24 Sep 2015You are correct. It's a good phone, people saying that it have heating and poor battery proble... moreLooks wise phone us awesome but they have some heating problem which makes tense you...bcs we all heard lots of insitens of phone blasting.
Ok. So now that I have been using c5 ultra dual for like 3 weeks, these are my initial views. I use nokia 1020 (damn if I call it a Microsoft) as my second phone so there will be little comparisons to that.
1) Screen: compared to an amoled the screen looks washed out (not deep punchy colors like amoled) but if you have been on LCDs before, you will not find any difference. The resolution is adequate. Not bad, but not very good too. You will not be left wanting for more until you come from eye popping ppis.
2) Chip: My dad uses a Z1 with QC and that also heats up occasionally. Yes, the phone does heats up (and quite regularly too) mainly when you are watching videos or playing games. The phone hanged up on me twice on the day of purchase but after that, its been a smooth ride. Wish sony should have provided a 32 GB option as 16 GB runs out quite soon on android as you tend to play more games on a 6 inch screen.
3) Camera: I use 1020 as an alternate so from my POV, the camera is decent only. On the other hand, front cam is more than you can hope for and even if you are not in selfies, it should do good of capturing scenes behind you in your selfies (epically landscape)
4) Battery: Decent. But sony should have provided at least 3500 mah battery. My usage is usually 2-3 hrs of talking, 3-4 hrs music, 10-12 picks per day, and an hour each of net, videos and games. Do note that my phone is connected to wifi half of the day. At the end of the day (2100 hrs) with day starting at 0800 hrs I am still left with approx 20-25% in reserve. The charger provided by sony is not upto the mark. It easily takes approx 2-3 hrs to go from 25 to 100 %. I use a 2Amp charger and get the same thing done in an hour max.
The biggest plus for me of this phone is its body to screen ratio (which was the main reason I got it). It fits in my one hand and most of the work can be done in that way even with the 6 inch screen.
So would I recommend this phone??? No, until you value the body to screen ratio and phone handling very high like me. ThatÂ’s the biggest USP of this phone. You can get a mi 4 and save yourself quite a few bucks. Heck, you even can buy 02 lenovo k3 notes and still save some bucks. Everyone has some special needs when it comes to buying a phone and as per my needs, I am completely satisfied with it. There are few niggles but they mostly are software related and hope sony will sort them out with future updates.
AnonD-444069, 24 Sep 2015Dear reader. If you like Sony C5, just buy it. You like 6 inch phone that looks beautiful isn'... moreYou are correct. It's a good phone, people saying that it have heating and poor battery problem but its wrong. The phone is awesome
Dear reader. If you like Sony C5, just buy it. You like 6 inch phone that looks beautiful isn't it? Buy now, do not believe anon in this website to tell lies about this product. They all jealous that finally you decided to buy the brand that the hate. Haterd going to hates, if nothing to hate, they are going make story to make you hate. Just buy, this C5 worth it. All heat and hang issus are simply exaggerated by them. Not going to effect you at all. This phone worth buy, big and beautiful, sharp camera and loud too. Price, actually affordable. Maybe some place expensive but actually cheaper than Samsung A7, A8, Huawei P8, Oppo R7, Zenfone 2 deluxe.
Some phone companies were concerned if you are using a fast charging charger since it might cause a damage on your phone. Sony intends to have a slow charging charger for our safety. The heating issue is normal on smartphones nowadays, expensive or not, multi-tasking, videos, games or even using data. Ever since with Sony Ericsson on cybershot was released, cameras were already good and innovated when changed to Xperia. Sony is expensive due to it's label which is SONY. If you are planning to buy a trusted brand then I should go for those that are known in which we can trust. A lot of brands coming out but most of them had compatibility issues and etc. So I'd rather stick to what is known than those brands who got cheaper price but the durability and quality is not good.
nik7, 23 Sep 2015guys, don't buy this phone, this waste of money, not worthfull , heat a lot, infact battery li... moreIdk why people always complaining hang problem. I think it is software or hardware problem. My phone has no problem at all, no hang, good battery life, heating is in normal range ( i have used hotter phone than this phone). Im really sad for those user that has lot of problem in this phone.
guys, don't buy this phone, this waste of money, not worthfull , heat a lot, infact battery life is also not too long. rear camera and front camera is good but for a amount of 28000 its not worthy, its usually hangs while operating one or more application altogether, which slightly not expect from sony technology. according to me ...not worthy at all
I used sony Xperia t2 ultra dual since 2 years now recently I brought c5 its a great camera now my phone heating am using 8 hours continues it is heating and problem is android 5.0 when I get 5.1 update without hang simply awesome phone go for it great phone and another thing is Samsung mobiles are Weaste ofter one year Samsung mobiles totally hanging nd touch is not working don't settle for good demand great 100% sony is a great phone I loved sony
Anonymous, 20 Sep 2015I think if you have money go buy galaxy A8. Im C5 user but honestly I can say that A8 is bette... moreNo never.. Don't compare with Sony and Samsung.. Sony is far better than Samsung. In my option c5 is better than a8. Everyone is telling heating problems and battery issues.. Its quit common in all smart phones. This same issues you can feel in a8 also..
Magi, 21 Sep 2015I bought this phone from Sony Center Marathalli,Bangalore and not even one month gone i have f... moreIm really sorry to hear about your problem. Fortunately for me right now I never experience any kind of problem.
1. Heating - Yes, it warm up quite easily when watching videos but no that dangerous level. Weird thing for me is, I play game for 3 hours straight is never heat up at all but when watchong videos it warm up
2. Hang - No hang at all for now. Smooth like butter
3. Battery - I tested the stamina for this battery and I get 6 hours of gaming with airplane mode and after thst browsing with 3G for 2 hours so 8 hours SOT overall. In normal usage. I get 2 and half days with 5 hours 20 minutes SOT
4. Charging - "Thanks" alot Sony for giving low power charger. It takes 3.5-4 hours to done charge. I have to use my OnePlus charger and it done charge in 2.5-3 hours.
Overall this phone is great but I can say there is lot of better choices than this phones. Right now, I'm damn happy with Xperia C5 Ultra right now and hoping Sony will release new software update to improve this phone.
Hi frnds.. I hav waited for 2 months for both sony phones c5 ultra dual n m5 dual.. both r good in camera.. bad in battery.. c5 hav heat n hang problem.. m5 is high priced in india.. Sony disappointed me.. if u hurry to buy means go for Samsung a8 or wait..