Anonymous, 15 Jul 2012This phn is almost perfect only drawbak is that it does not have secondary camera.The best rug... moreI think it does have a front camera.
Watch this video:
Yet to know is the battery life! Sony's data doesn't look bad, but is it actually like the official specs?
also the battery life of this smartphone is below average must need a charger to carry everywhere
This phn is almost perfect only drawbak is that it does not have secondary camera.The best rugged waterproff smartphone wud be defy xt535 as it is same as defy+ with a front vga camera 4 vid calling @14k in india.
I've just returned one of these to O2
1) o/s is responsive, and user interface reasonably well thought out
2) Despite peoples complaints, the screen really is quite adequate for its intended purpose
3) Camera isn't huge on megapix but then its more about the optics, which in this case are quite good. No front facing camera but in reality thats not such a big deal.
1) Battery life SUCKS BIG TIME. Mine barely managed 12 hours on a charge, and that was with very light use. I can see it not lasting 8 hours once the battery has lost some of its mojo.
3) Fixed battery, therefore expensive to replace.
4) Its fiddly to get out of standby mode - you've to briefy press power button (at top of phone) then swipe screen right near the bottom. Poor ergonomics there.
5) Despite being touted as a ruggedised handset, it feels rather light and flimsy. Although that does mean less of an impact if/when you drop it.
6) As it comes out of the box, task switching isn't implemented, although you can doubtless install an app for that. There is a list of "recently launced apps", but thats not the same as a switcher.
7) Couldn't get the compass to work.
kiraakzzz, 14 Jul 2012It has a Front facing VGA camera do u have this phone? R u sure abt front camera?
hello guys. xperia go is launched in india at 19000rs on homeshop18.com
kiraakzzz, 14 Jul 2012It has a Front facing VGA camera do you have this phone? is this really have a front facing camera?
jp, 13 Jul 2012I would say the Bravia Engine compensates the low resolution. Besides, I would like to know th... morei just checked it out today at my local store. display quality wise, it does seem to beat other phone that did similar offer (galaxy ace). build quality; it feels sturdy but not so tough compared to active.
greetings from depok :D
pixel density are rather disapointing,my active can do better
looking forward to buy one though,hopefully there's a sony smartwatch at its package
i don't know why in this age of smartphones available in many price range, there still people complaining on the mid-range and low-end phone.
the reason for their not so perfect specs is for people who don't want to spend more on high end smartphone, thus some feature will be compromised so their price can suit the budget range. i see no problem if sony want to fit ~1300mAH battery for this phone, low resolution qvga screen as long as the price is right for what it want to offer (dust and waterproof, promised ics update, dual core and attractive design). after all the screen is not so big that it will consume much power.
so what if you don't like it? grab your cash and pick other phone. there's always an alternative in this android smartphone market. no need to bash each other on their preference.
dulu, 11 Jul 2012nothing special,expt water& dust proof.very small screen.same screen size as all the iphones so far
People should see this video ;-)
He says the display is pretty decent. He also says the phone has a front VGA camera (and it's actually possible to see it in the video, I think).
So, good device for the price. One major drawback for me is the battery - I don't actually know how long will it last, but if it's too short, then it's a drawback, we'll see soon enough. The relatively low resolution doesn't bother me, but hey, that's me!
jp, 13 Jul 2012I would say the Bravia Engine compensates the low resolution. Besides, I would like to know th... moreHere is a sample of the screen of Xperia Go whilst outdoors :)
This phone is up for preorder in India @18999 and its expected to release in 3rd week july
I would say the Bravia Engine compensates the low resolution. Besides, I would like to know the opinion of those who actually had the phone in their hands and say its display, not those who've just seen photos and are saiyng low res is a major drawback.
If it is, bravia is an advantage, IP67 is a major advantage, the price is an advantage, the design is an advantage and the battery is a disadvantage. More advantages than drawbacks!