I recently bought Sony Xperia J for Rs.16499/- frm flipkart.com....here's my experience wit d phn...
1. Looks: d handset looks amazin...so slim as if ur holdin a card in ur palm...it gvs u d rich feel d tym u hold it...nyc chrome finish on d side panel...d notification light is cute...cornering gorrila glass is jst superbb...!!!
2. Screen: screen is awesumm, incomparable in dis range...i compared it wit samsung galaxy S duos, htc one...bravia engine ds its wrk better dan anythn else....downloaded sum 720p videos n played em on d phn, its jst a treat to watch on dis phn...d viewin angles r amazin...surely one of d bst screens u get in d market...
3. Sound: d speaker sond is quite well, if u put d call on loudspkr, u cn hear it nicely enuf....d headphones provided in d box r d cheapest headphns sony mst hv evr md...17k phn n headphns worth Rs.100...used my soundmagic headphns n gt amazed wit d sound quality...its crisp n loud...u wont nid an i-pod if u hv dis phn...music lovers, its a thums-up 4u...nthn better dan sony wen it cms to sound...
4. Touch: d touch response is superb...sony is wellknwn 4 it...it jst feels d best touch u cud hv evr experienced...
5. Processor: it hs gt 1 ghz processor n adreno 200 graphics...sounds outdated bt trust me on dis, u hardly feel any lag on d phn in normal usage...practically sony's 1 ghz processor feels better dan samsung's dual core processor...i hv used samsung s duos, sony's processor feels better...d processor n d gpu mks a gud combo n its quite practical..watchin videos is great experience on dis phn...
6. Gaming: alrdy played stick cricket, angry birds, riptide gp, temple run, crazy kart...basket mania...no lag at all...although i hvnt installed any hd games yet, wil gv d feedbck aftr tryin asphalt6 n gta motor academy later..d phn is nt meant 4 hd gaming yet i tink these games wud wrk wit d phn too...so practically no complaints abt d processor...
7. Camera: sony hs let us down wit dis1...d camera is terrible at night...u cn c d grains on d screen, though d pics cm out to b fair...i expctd sony camera to b d bst, bt it isnt...d camera clarity is worst at nyt...at day tym d pics r gud enuf, bt u alwys expect a camera wit flash to gv u gud pics at nyt...sorry guys, if u r sony camera lovers, dis aint d ryt phn...i hope sony cms out wit a solution 4 dis 1...d camera on samsung phn felt better n d 1 on htc ws superb...its a let down frm sony bt if u consider d othr features u wud stil luv d phn...
8. Battery: d battery bck-up is d bst in class...d processor dsnt eat a lot of battery...dnt 4get to put d d display brightness low as d 4'' screen uses mst of d battery...
Verdict: u wil luv d phn d moment u hold it in ur palm...it jst feels way lot costlier dan it actually is...its fun to use sony phns, dey hv so much to offer..u feel lyk takin ur phn out n shw it to ppl, its an attention grabbin gadget ;)
D only negative aspects r d cheap headphns n poor camera quality...if ur ok wit dat, jst go 4 it..!!
chaitu762, 24 Nov 2012Hi Huzai,
You said that you tried all features of this handset.Did you tried the conference... moreHi Chaitu762,
I did not check this option earlier but i just tried to make a conference call and it said that conference call is not possible.
you are right.
i will have this checked with the store where i brought and see if there is a way to do it as i think that conference option is very common in all the phones.
i will let you know once i have an update
iam nokia user from past 10 years, i even used limnia 600 also, but sony experia is the best phone i ever used ....no doubt buy with out asking any one , i stay in malaysia
Huzai, 24 Nov 2012Dear Bala,
You can buy this phone without any doubts.
I have brought it on 13.11.2012 an... moreHi Huzai,
You said that you tried all features of this handset.Did you tried the conference call option also.i am unable to make conference calls though this handset.
When i m trying to do that it is showing cannot make conference calls?
can you please tell this.
I found this is the one of flaw i found.
Please suggest me how to use this feature.
Recently i got this handset and it is performing good.But i observed that it is not allowing to make conference calls but it is showing the conference call option when i was selecting the option it is showing a message as cannot make conference calls.
Can any one tell me that how to use this option? or about the compatibility with conference calls to this handset.
Thanks in Advance.
I have brought xperia J on 13.11 and have been using it since then.
I am not sure why people are posting such negative review. some even without using it(funny).
The styling of the phone is awesome
The sound / picture is very good.
The battery back up is very good.
The gaming / surfing experience in 4.0 inch is amazing.
For the price and spec its much better phone then many claim.
Its best value for money with loads of features.
Sha, 22 Nov 2012Xperia j is best or not?it is the BEST
Using it from last 11 days
Bala, 23 Nov 2012Dear Friends
I have planned to go for xperia J... I love the specifications. But i can see so... moreDear Bala,
You can buy this phone without any doubts.
I have brought it on 13.11.2012 and till date have tried to use all its features and found it true value for money.
The battery is amazing with decent use of gaming / internet / mails and music.
The screen and display is perfect.
The feel and design is nothing but awesome.
The notification led is very nice and better then my HTC as it has all the colors mentioned in the menu.
There is yes some lag in the gaming once in a while but i am sure that is due to heavy games that i have installed.
This is my first sony phone and i an very happay with its performance.
Mohan Singh BK, 23 Nov 2012same hare I had bought this xperia j three days back... before buying it i was worried abt th... moreHey bro can u plz tell me the printed MRP on box..as one Guy hv told me tht newer stock would might performed better &hv MRP 17999..plz reply..
ANY ONE PLZ REPLY..
plz tell me it can take better photo in low light condition or in night??as samsung galaxy ace can take over 4 mtr without any light condition due to much stronger flash light with. xperia j can take photo in same way??? and how is the music quality?? specially bass effect??? it is deep like all walkman?
GSMArena DUDES, PLEASE PLEASE WE ARE BEGGING YOU REVIEW THIS PHONE ALREADY !!! It's really an attractive handset with affordable price that has many people intrigued, BUT most of us are worried about the bad reviews circling around the web. The positive ones are really in a much smaller number. We need to read an in-depth review. So please hurry the f#@k up and review it !!! Thank you !
when xperia j will be available in pakistan kindly tell . thanx ????
Mohan Singh BK, 23 Nov 2012same hare
I had bought this xperia j three days back... before buying it i was worried abt th... moreReally from sony centre for dis price.?
I came to know that it is available from sony centre for INR 17500
Can you tell the place?
I am using Sony Xperia J from last 2 weeks. Its an excellent phone.
awesome screen clarity
Grt internet surfing
supports games like Angry Birds Star Wars, Temple run without any lag (Did not install any HD games)
And BATTERY...its the best in class... Its giving me min of 2 days with decent gaming and internet surfing.
Camera is also excellent
Notification Light is one outstanding feature
Doesnt play HD videos.. (for me its ok.. I dont see videos in phone)
Front Cam.. Not the best...
Overall I am very much satisfied buying this phone...
for thos who all are complaining about this... my only question is why did u buy when you know about it????
I had bought this xperia j three days back... before buying it i was worried abt the performance due to the poor review
but actually its a superb phone
1. excellent battery back up ..
2.excellent screen quality
3. sound quality is amazing .. with clear Bass
4. touch is awesome ....
5. gaming experience is also good ..
6.. camera clarity is excellent!!! does not matr. for me becz I have Dgtl camera
IN Rs.15800 frm sony center
I dont know why people are complaining about this phone.
Does this lagging issue is solved after Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update ?
deep111111, 23 Nov 2012hey guys can anyone tell me about music clarity and does manual equaliser works proper,earphon... moremusic clarity is good. it comes with normal earphone(MH410c).If u r a bass lover go with (MH650c) inner ear. manuel equlizer work properly. U can get it with Rs.16200.
I have planned to go for xperia J... I love the specifications. But i can see some negative feedback abt its performance. This is the 1st time i'm gonna buy Sony.. I previously own only Nokia.. So please guide me who own the set is it advisable or not..?
There are north pole-south pole experiences all over the net.. GSMARENA, why not review it????? Ws abt 2 buy this, last moment decision to hold on... but need to buy a phone..