ray, 05 Sep 2013apps2sd wont work in any sony xperia model in normal way.sony blocked/modified the system to p... moreYou can use 'easyapp2sd' application. it works perfectly to xperia J. and really worth for users who wants lot space
Tipu, 05 Sep 2013Sony xperia j is a very very bad hardware mobile i bought dis model in rs 15,400. 10 days af... morehow does your screen broke?is it a factory defect or your fault?if its your fault then nothing wrong for charging you for but if its factory defect warranty should cover it.
dolly, 05 Sep 2013how do u move apps frm phone n internal storage to sd card?apps2sd wont work in any sony xperia model in normal way.sony blocked/modified the system to prevent installing to external mmc.
Raj, 05 Sep 2013Worst Xperia phone ever launched by Sony.. Lags hell..WORST HARDWARE Combination.. Wake up son... moreupdate to jb to make it smooth.xperia j is good but not as good as dual/quad core phones and flagship models so dont expect it to perform like those.take note its a single core phone if you are looking for super b performance phone then get dual/quad core model or much better flagship model to satisfy you.
Worst Xperia phone ever launched by Sony.. Lags hell..WORST HARDWARE Combination.. Wake up sony.. provide some solution to the customers like me.. who was fond of Sony phones.. Badly disappointed..
Ibroid, 03 Sep 2013I cant move apps from my internal and phone memory to the sd card pls i need adviceDownload app 2 sd
Sony xperia j is a very very bad hardware mobile
i bought dis model in rs 15,400.
10 days after it screen had broken. Xperia service center dimand 6500 rs for screen.
Sony Ericsson and Sony Xperia are my top favorites.now Xperia j is my last model.it quite good for me.very stylish to hold like Sony Ericsson arc.version 4.1.2 jelly bean.
But need more RAM.font camera is low.screen is smaller than arc.
nice wen it cums to internet it's is better but wen we open the opera mini it will blink tats it expt tat it is best love it
I cant move apps from my internal and phone memory to the sd card pls i need advice
its really slow at first..
but after the update the laggs gone.. and much more faster.. idk why?.
if you use for gaming... its not so good. but gba games and psx are good, not bad..
this phone is not awesome.. but good enough for me...
its a time killer phone. every day hve to go service center. 1100 nokia is better than this one
i am confused between xperia u and j.....which one i should buy??? is xperia j very much slow than u???
Hey guys, I have updated my J to 4.1.2 jelly bean.it’s interference is great but consumed much RAM,become slow & occasionally restart .How can I uninstall update .Please help me.
For anyone considering buying Xperia J or any smartphone from Sony:
This is the worst product I have ever bought in my life. Here is why:
- Touch screen does not respond well to touch, it doesnt recognise the touch accurately. Sometimes it gives you lots of trouble unlocking (when attempting to draw the pattern it does not recognise it). If you get only a tiny drop of water on it, it becomes completely unusable (forget to call or even dont try to unlock it when it rains).
- It is way underpowered. I had to delete all my applications and it is still extremely slow. I am not doing anything wrong with the device, it is just piece of junk. Forget about using internet ! Logging in to any website is a pure nightmare. Screen freezes all the time and it is just unusable for browsing internet.
- If all the "smarphone" features suck so badly, perhaps it is ok as a phone ? Nope, it is not big time ! When you call service which require you to type numbers like banking, topping up the funds etc. you need to move the phone away from your ear and wait till this junk activate the screen back again. This often does not happen and by pressing the screen you may switch the phone off. Furthermore, sometimes the phone cancel the call when you put it next to your ear....its uber frustrating. Then of course you must not forget that the touchscreen is so bad it must have been designed by signle-cell organisms. You won't call anyone if it wont allow you to unlock the screen or will not recognise which number you are trying to dial.
- If you like to listen to music on it and like most of the people now have iTunes library, then you are screwed again. Sure there is an app for Mac called jBridge, but it is very unintuitive and does not let you create and edit your own music libraries well. Forget about making libraries inside phone, moving just few songs into a library takes too much time. Bottom line: you can import mp3 into the phone, but you will not have it well organised. Ah and almost forgot: if you switch on the phone and want to listen to music it gives you some ridiculous volume level for a short while. Sure it is just for a short while,but it is just enough to scare you lots, maybe contribute to hearing loss and above all...it is just so unprofessional for a company that seems to be so proud of its Walkman heritage. I surely expected more in the music department from Sony and once again Apple has gone way ahead of the competition just because these guys know what people want and they are not ignorant about little details like management of sound volume.
-Applications: the ones that come with the phone are just a misunderstanding. Lets take an alarm for example. Setting it is just a nightmare, you have to tap several times until it finally let you set it. It is not so straight forward as what I get used to on my iPod. You have to open an app, then try to tap in the correct area to edit the alarm (tricky) then you have to tap to the time to change it and finally accept by taping on the very tiny area. If you wont tap the ok button,it wont set and sometimes you may miss it (happened to me few times as I tapped ok,but the phone did not get it - it is close to the edge of screen). I have my xperia charging at night and my iPod is my alarm (can set up alarm in iPod in few simple moves, takes 2seconds - dont tell me that Apple products are for idiots, I want my "smarphone" to work well so I dont have to get frustrated all the time and use my brain for things that need it).
The Clock. Simple feature, everything has it these days. Well, but even that does not work smoothly. When you switch on the phone it shows the time from last time you had it on, so it may give you a good suprise/confuse you sometimes. It is not 90's, these things should work reliably and without all these glitches.
- Wifi: It constantly loses the signal and sometimes it takes ages to see the network. I have to often switch on and off the wifi to get the network at home and it is not the fault of my network provider or wifi router. I have an iPad which logs in to wifi in seconds and never losses the signal. Sony...it is awful. Not that you could use the internet anyway if you get it as the internet browsing is horrible as noted above, plus after few updates of some apps you run out of the internal memory. Some applications need to be installed in internal memory, I have 32 gig card and it still doesnt change the fact that the phone shows me constantly that I do not have enough space for required updates.
- Powering on the phone can take very long time.
In conclusion, if you buy Sony Xperia J, you are getting yourself somewhat attractive (matter of taste) plastic shell, which does not work well. I bought that phone because I could not afford an iPhone that time (lost my phone and needed a fast replacement) and thought I will give it a try (to give non Apple brand a chance). FAIL !
I will never ever buy anything else from Sony again and will strongly advise anyone who is considering buying Sony smartphone to do the right move and look elsewhere (iPhone?)
J.S. London, UK