its a time killer phone. every day hve to go service center. 1100 nokia is better than this one
i am confused between xperia u and j.....which one i should buy??? is xperia j very much slow than u???
Hey guys, I have updated my J to 4.1.2 jelly bean.it’s interference is great but consumed much RAM,become slow & occasionally restart .How can I uninstall update .Please help me.
For anyone considering buying Xperia J or any smartphone from Sony:
This is the worst product I have ever bought in my life. Here is why:
- Touch screen does not respond well to touch, it doesnt recognise the touch accurately. Sometimes it gives you lots of trouble unlocking (when attempting to draw the pattern it does not recognise it). If you get only a tiny drop of water on it, it becomes completely unusable (forget to call or even dont try to unlock it when it rains).
- It is way underpowered. I had to delete all my applications and it is still extremely slow. I am not doing anything wrong with the device, it is just piece of junk. Forget about using internet ! Logging in to any website is a pure nightmare. Screen freezes all the time and it is just unusable for browsing internet.
- If all the "smarphone" features suck so badly, perhaps it is ok as a phone ? Nope, it is not big time ! When you call service which require you to type numbers like banking, topping up the funds etc. you need to move the phone away from your ear and wait till this junk activate the screen back again. This often does not happen and by pressing the screen you may switch the phone off. Furthermore, sometimes the phone cancel the call when you put it next to your ear....its uber frustrating. Then of course you must not forget that the touchscreen is so bad it must have been designed by signle-cell organisms. You won't call anyone if it wont allow you to unlock the screen or will not recognise which number you are trying to dial.
- If you like to listen to music on it and like most of the people now have iTunes library, then you are screwed again. Sure there is an app for Mac called jBridge, but it is very unintuitive and does not let you create and edit your own music libraries well. Forget about making libraries inside phone, moving just few songs into a library takes too much time. Bottom line: you can import mp3 into the phone, but you will not have it well organised. Ah and almost forgot: if you switch on the phone and want to listen to music it gives you some ridiculous volume level for a short while. Sure it is just for a short while,but it is just enough to scare you lots, maybe contribute to hearing loss and above all...it is just so unprofessional for a company that seems to be so proud of its Walkman heritage. I surely expected more in the music department from Sony and once again Apple has gone way ahead of the competition just because these guys know what people want and they are not ignorant about little details like management of sound volume.
-Applications: the ones that come with the phone are just a misunderstanding. Lets take an alarm for example. Setting it is just a nightmare, you have to tap several times until it finally let you set it. It is not so straight forward as what I get used to on my iPod. You have to open an app, then try to tap in the correct area to edit the alarm (tricky) then you have to tap to the time to change it and finally accept by taping on the very tiny area. If you wont tap the ok button,it wont set and sometimes you may miss it (happened to me few times as I tapped ok,but the phone did not get it - it is close to the edge of screen). I have my xperia charging at night and my iPod is my alarm (can set up alarm in iPod in few simple moves, takes 2seconds - dont tell me that Apple products are for idiots, I want my "smarphone" to work well so I dont have to get frustrated all the time and use my brain for things that need it).
The Clock. Simple feature, everything has it these days. Well, but even that does not work smoothly. When you switch on the phone it shows the time from last time you had it on, so it may give you a good suprise/confuse you sometimes. It is not 90's, these things should work reliably and without all these glitches.
- Wifi: It constantly loses the signal and sometimes it takes ages to see the network. I have to often switch on and off the wifi to get the network at home and it is not the fault of my network provider or wifi router. I have an iPad which logs in to wifi in seconds and never losses the signal. Sony...it is awful. Not that you could use the internet anyway if you get it as the internet browsing is horrible as noted above, plus after few updates of some apps you run out of the internal memory. Some applications need to be installed in internal memory, I have 32 gig card and it still doesnt change the fact that the phone shows me constantly that I do not have enough space for required updates.
- Powering on the phone can take very long time.
In conclusion, if you buy Sony Xperia J, you are getting yourself somewhat attractive (matter of taste) plastic shell, which does not work well. I bought that phone because I could not afford an iPhone that time (lost my phone and needed a fast replacement) and thought I will give it a try (to give non Apple brand a chance). FAIL !
I will never ever buy anything else from Sony again and will strongly advise anyone who is considering buying Sony smartphone to do the right move and look elsewhere (iPhone?)
J.S. London, UK
HAziq, 29 Aug 2013WHat cons abut Xperia J ? Xperia J good or bad ? Please help me . I want buy this smartphone t... moreits good but pls take note it is a single core android not dual core so pls dont expect this to perform like s3 and any high end phone.dont be pathetic like the others.
Anonymous, 29 Aug 2013I bought this phone a month ago I got a problem with memory. It shows no files in album when I... moresony androids always do that
sometimes you have to wait for the phone to load your things back
if it doesn't work try unmounting your card from settings/storage then mount again and wait for a while it might take an hour
I bought this phone a month ago I got a problem with memory. It shows no files in album when I switched off and on the phone. I tried a lot like off the phone and on it and removing. Memory card and also reset the phone but no use. Anybody give me a solutions for it..
HAziq, 29 Aug 2013WHat cons abut Xperia J ? Xperia J good or bad ? Please help me . I want buy this smartphone t... moreits the worst phone ive ever had!! have it for 3 months and was the biggest regret of my life!!! its slow, so hard to type and is just such a poor phone!
WHat cons abut Xperia J ? Xperia J good or bad ? Please help me . I want buy this smartphone tommorow .
Hi, guys i don't belive what you saying its been 5months and the phone is just awesome smooth and all good..
It all depends how much u want to spend ..in an averagre budget u can get this phone but if u want more high end phone u got to spend more..
this is for people with low budget and i too love it..!!
guys these SOny phone's have always been up to mark..
they way of making the phone are crazy games ,picture,calling and even faster proccsor has neve happned before that in the price like i wanted to spen its and amazing phone ..i love my phone
I just purchsed it guys 3 months now for this phone,
And the proseccor is so powerfull...
it helps me in using my application faster best is the speaker's play music like BOom Boom..
and the front camera i love to see my baby on my phone on Skype...the camera and the size is cool..!!
its worth buying
Awesome phone when i saw the have it help's me in taking the picture's and also help's me in faster internet..
i love the look of the phone the price is awesome and the andrios is just great ..
all phone r not better then XEP J ..
Anonymous, 29 Aug 2013Dual core does not necessarily consume more battery. The strategy behind faster processors is ... morethe difference between battery consumption of single core and dual core(both 1700 mah) already seen with the comparison of j to v,l,t,tx,etc.all of those xperia has 1700 mah and battery performance of single core j is better than those dual cores.well lets just wait for the battery test of xperia m if it will really beat j in terms of battery performance.gsmarena already credit j for its good battery performance lets see if m would do the same or better.
ray, 26 Aug 2013you cant do anything but to accept that you already bought j before the release of m.imo if yo... moreDual core does not necessarily consume more battery. The strategy behind faster processors is simple: Finish processing as fast as possible and go back to idle.
With a Cortex A5 energy little thing you do take longer, you always have to wait more, for example a few seconds more to open a webpage, 10+ sec more to open a game like TR2, and in this time the display is on. Not only does low performance waste time, but it also waste battery to keeping the display backlight on.
Let's wait for the Xperia M battery test. I doubt M will beat J on video playback but it will demolish the J in everything else.