I baught new xperia m2 yesterday.amazing experience with this device. Looking good & fast also. I love it.
This phone goes down on a lot and there are few good points in my opinion. (The opinions expressed by me are my impression of the M2 device as a consumer who has used this device.)
On the positive: Large screen, tough Gorilla glass, and external SIM and MicroSD ports. Dedicated camera button on side of phone and volume control button.
On the negative:
1) Out of the box: There is no organiser which is shameful for this type of phone, just a calendar and some time-consuming configuring to be down before an alarm sounds.
2) There is a lot of subscribing to various things in order to get features to work, which involve some serious privacy issues regarding data collection.
3) The messaging system falls down heavily on many fronts and is totally different than what would be expected. There is no specific in-box or outbox, just a list of the recent contacts and small little arrows. No "message sent" notification popup went sending. Many M2 buyers will be in for more than a few surprises here. Very poor here and messy. You also have to focus on whether you are on the messaging page or the phone page, because they are coloured the same.
4) A recent and time-consuming upgrade just produced the added effect of having a note pad—wow!
5) No dedicated microphone app, just a Google voice microphone recognition for web pages. Voice recordings must be done in message mode when sending a attachment. Then it is recorded in to a list or recordings.
6) Micro SIM card will not press in and lock with finger, you must use a pointer or go to your retailer to have it inserted to get it in a lot further before it will retain.
7) Does not come with MicroSD card. This must be bough separate.
8) Some apps upgrades can only be downloaded through WI-FI. This is stated clearly when trying to upgrade.
9) Tool app is poor. Includes basic calculator, no conversion app and expensive Mega-byte eating update app. Neo reader and backup app.
Overall, this is a very clumsily phone to set up. E.G. No Gmail or Browser app on home page. They have to be taken and moved from the settings page and more. Hardly impressive. Despite having a dedicated PC software, the M2 requires that certain upgrades happen out of the phone's credit, not through a PC! A Nokia Xpress Music 5310 would be ten times better if it had a bigger screen. It was released as far back as Feb 2007. The M2 can hardly be considered a step forward in over half a decade, where other phones have surpassed it on usability and set up. Marks out of ten— five.
Anonymous, 07 Mar 2015Buy The M2Buy the prime camera is far superior also removable battery
guys google play store is not coming mobile :o i'm using it from 18 mnths suddenly from 1hr it was missing?
can u help me?
Anonymous, 09 Mar 2015Sony xperia m. 2 no sound Whats' with all these Fake problems with SONY postngs! Get lost marketing competitors haha!!!!
Why are you all so angry with the front camera? I seriously love taking selfies and even 0.3 MP camera is good with me! It looks good with Retrica and Candy Camera
Snoopy, 06 Mar 2015Hey Im gonna buy a mid range phone. now im struggling between Xperia M2 and Desire 620. plz su... morebetween m2 and desire 620,m2 is much better.desire 620 is stuck on 4.2.2.plus sony displays are much much better than htc.if you wait though,after m4aqua is released,c3 price will.go down.thanx
kirito-kun, 21 Feb 2015My Sony Experia m2 have a ' MADE IN CHINA ' .. is this a fake?no Almost every phones are made in China including iphones
i brought last month, good and 4g better but really camera is disapointing, from a company who boast for superior camera technology! buy samsung at least middel typhone has better than these sony!
12343patryk , 07 Mar 2015Sony has officially said that the M2 is not getting lollipo. UNFAIR!!!!! *Lollipop
Sony has officially said that the M2 is not getting lollipo. UNFAIR!!!!!
Hey Im rajveer buy a mid range phone. now im struggling between Xperia M2 and samsung grand prime plz suggest me. What should i buy...?