Anonymous, 17 Jul 2016Reading your opinion I get cancer from you dumb people... Uninstall any facebook apps to get b... moreWell said. M4 AQUA is not trying to be a flagship phone. If you want a Z5 premium go buy one for 3x the price.
Reading your opinion I get cancer from you dumb people... Uninstall any facebook apps to get better battery life and fix heating problem even more... Keep atlast 700mb of free space, don't install usual crap shit you do people even your beloved S7 goes into crap when you install same shit you do on this phone. Comparing Mid ranger with high end is stupid aswell that they are both on newer os. Stop even comparing them to Iphone because apple controls hardware and software while sony makes hardware and puts software from google which they can't optimise for every phone since there is so much phones. Camera is very good if you can't fiddle with settings don't use camera and stop complaining it's not professional camera for 2000 euros.
Don't like phone ? go out of here don't even write your opinion because obviously 95% of problems are caused by you, users.
Been using for more than half year and what can I say. It's awesome phone for it's money, great performance don't get lag and issues like you people... great battery life, screen is good and camera is very good ofc it's not flagship level but I am happy with it. Only annoyances are storage space which will be fixed with MM Sony CZ promised adoptable storage, and front and back glass both leave fingerprints alot
Sony hater, 13 Jul 2016Poor phone not fit for sale. Has memory issues out of the box as the operating system/Sony ap... moreI fully agree. The restarting really annoys me. Also maybe it's just me, but also the battery lasts like half a day of high usage and it just lags even in simple tasks.
AnonD-552336, 23 Jun 2016My xperia M4 works fine otherwise but it has a very irritating problem of it's microphone not ... moreOne of the dirtiest service from Sony this is fifth time I m taking my cell phone to service centre in 5 months
Had my M4 for nearly a year now and I have regretted every day with it. I thought I was upgrading from my Xperia V before this, but this has been a massive downgrade.
Issues I've experienced:
- The first one I got's flash broke within two days.
- The keyboard lags
- The phone overheats under mild use (I don't game on it)
- The camera in the day is average at best, while at night takes pictures that would make a Blackberry's pictures look like DSLR pictures.
- Taking a picture takes so long that the moment you're trying to capture is already a memory (a bad one, seeing as the memory is now replaced with your frustration at the phone not capturing the memory in the first place).
- When the battery runs down completely and you plug it in to charge, you have to wait a good 5-10 minutes before it'll switch on again.
- At around 6 months ownership, the front speaker stopped working completely. Haven't bothered to repair it as this was the final straw with this phone. Went back to my 2 year old Xperia V and haven't looked back since.
- Getting the SD card out of the phone is near-on impossible. Had to stick a pin in to hook the SD card and drag it out. None of the Sony-recommended methods worked.
In fairness, the positives about the phone:
- Nice-sized screen.
- Slim design.
- Front camera is a great upgrade from that of the V's.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Viewing videos/streaming on it is a good experience.
- Dedicated camera button is a nice addition.
- Power and volume side buttons are easily identifiable.
This phone has put me off Sony phones completely. While I do still enjoy my Xperia V, I'll definitely be taking my business elsewhere next time I upgrade.
With M4 from 03.06., too hot after 5 min playing music, front camera no working...waiting for MM and will see..
M4 aqua sony is the best my phone for underwater activity. Special fiture touch block if video photo recording under water great work.
Hmh.. I have this phone for a year now, and its true that it gets a bit hot after 5 mins of games like Unkilled and Modern Combat 5.. But I don't have any problems like need to restart, things stopping to work.. After a year its still waterproof too.. Don't know about you guys, but this phone was worth every penny I gave for it. Plus, there 6.0 update on PTCRB now, so we can expect it in less than 30 days ^^
Poor phone not fit for sale.
Has memory issues out of the box as the operating system/Sony apps take up all the space!
It enjoys restarting for no reason.
Music is poor quality and for no reason glitches.
Would stay well clear of this phone!!
you must buy from a company that u rely on, i bought from official sony center and have no problems
OK the unbelievable happened. An Android 6.0 update has been certified by ptcrb https://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=29921 hoping to see this update soon
phone reviewer, 08 Jul 2016Honestly this is the worst phone that i have ever had. I bought this phone because the company... moreIt's not even 5.0.1, it's only 5.0 and there has been 6.0 promised. I think about loading an aosp
I bought this phone because I was impressed by characteristics on paper and reasonable price. Never again, Sony... Samsung was worth every cent I paid.
t is not a good device at all, it is a fail if you ask me. Why? Here are the problems I hadso far:
- Overheating - even simple browsing on the web rises temperature significantly. If I open several pages, it gets worse, but if I play around, take a fewphotos, if i edit them, and do some other things, it gets really, really annoying.
- Camera - as several users posted here already, camera is super slow, and if this is 13MP, than I was born and raised on Mars. My old Samsung Galaxy S3 makes better photos for sure.
- Auto rotate - I have to restart the phone almost every day, because the screen stops to rotate. It does not help if I switch the function on/off.
- Too sensitive screen - after I end a conversation and put the phone on the desk, if I "look" the screen, or literally ( tested ) blow on it, it starts to call back. I called back many many people. so you have to switch the screen off with a push on the side button ( on/off button ).
- Which leads to next issue. Because you have to switch off the screen every time you stop using the phone ( otherwise the lightest touch does something... ) it often does not switch off the screen, but wants to switch off the phone.
- Often camera function freezes. So you can not exit it, and you have to use the side button again.
- Pre loaded apps are... useless mostly.
- Battery life is not as good as advertised
I could probably find other issues if I thought very hard, but all this thinking is... well, overheating my phone... :)