I have problem with this phone. I see only black screen, it seems like it is working in the background but i see nothing. The problem began after puting it on charger (the original one) and after second usage of the phone. It is relatively unused and new. Can someone tell me if he /she had similar problem and how to solve it .
I tried software repair using sony Xperia Companion but with no success. Also tried resetting (hold up volume key and power button)
Your suggestion is more than helpful :)
i hate this phone, wifi dosnt work memory is really bad. ive had to take this phone back to the shop once already and it still dosnt work wouldnt recomend getting this phone
- So yesterday against all advice from my peers along with my long history of selling Sony mobile products and the multitude of repairs I had to deal with for infuriated customers. I chose to purchase the Sony M4 aqua.
- Besides the extremely poor, de motivated and incorrectly advertising from the Vodafone store in Dandenong, Melbourne AUS, I thought, lets be individual, lets experience the amazing technology Sony puts into their handsets, lets switch from iPhone to Sony after 8 years....
- So after being thrown the phone and sent on my way after having experienced the most de motivated smiles sad service ever from a staff member who has clearly given up, I went home and spent the night setting up this device and further purchasing apps to copy across my number from iPhone to Android.
- The handset is now set up and ready to use, but before I could get excited in my new found android freedom the crashing began.
- Not once, not twice, not thrice.. It occurred for every single thing I wanted to use
- The joke got to the extent where I started to film the patheticness occurring
- For the first time ever I sent a complaint email to Sony mobile and even called them the next day to discuss my disappointment and the customer service rep did not give a damn, he told me to choose another brand.
- Where is the customer satisfaction from Sony?
- Seriously I feel like I got married and instantly found out my wife cheated on me.. the trust is gone and Sony basically has no apologies or retention for that!
- I've been in the mobile industry since 1998 and have been a Brand Ambassador for Sony mobile in Melbourne VIC AUS, but I've never experienced something so disappointingly heartbreaking for what I thought was going to be fantastic.
- Sony mobile a word of advice, after over a decade of the same issues, either fix it once and for all or forget about making mobile devices because the jokes over now, its 2016, no ones got time for your crap anymore. Furthermore if you know your product is crap perfect it before your release it or create a retention plan for your customers rather than further insult them with poor customer service representatives.
More to come with photos and videos.....
I'm using e2303 Xperia M4 Aqua (8GB). I'll work from the outside to the inside.
Chassis: back looking very good, camera placed similar to IPhone, but flash is below. The ring around the camera is not too fat (like on Xperia X or M5). Flash has no ring around it, which also looks very sleek. The Sony logo is placed at the mittle and the xperia logo at the bottom. They both have a mirror finish. Unfortunately, the back isn't made of a good material. So it gets little scratches very easily and also doesn't feel as good as glass. Furthermore, your hands are getting sticky if you don't use a case. The sides are better. I read that the black one has a better, grippyer finish than the other 2 colors. I have to admit that there is not that much of a difference between the feeling of these sides and aluminum sides of other phones. The 2 flaps for SD and SIM card slots have a little indentation for opening them easy. In the micro SD slot, there is also a little piece of paper with model numbers and that stuff so they don't have to be on the back what I'm really appreciating. I also think that the flaps are a better solution and should also be used instead of these slots where you need a SIM card needle (like at iPhones). The micro USB port and headphone jack are not using flaps. The placement of the micro USB port is ok, but many other phones have it at the bottom so that is a little bit odd. The placement of the headphone jack is simply perfect at the top. But I once had the problem that my mobile thought it was a headset connected, but it wasn't. So sound also didn't work. Happily, it worked again a couple of hours later. The speaker is at the bottom. This was just a simulated limitation by Sony because the two grills at the front could also have been used as stereo speakers like at xperia z3, instead u r getting a poor mono speaker. So here a clear dislike. When you look at the front, the first thing you'll notice are BEZELS. the side bezels, top and bottom bezels are all huge. This remembers me a little bit to the times of IPhone 4. Anyway, there is again a shiny Sony logo at the top, these two grills which could have been stereo speakers, a little notification led and the relatively big front cam.
Camera: First the good thing: the front cam. The front cam makes good selfies. It is an Exmor R 1/5" sensor with 5 MP. The video capabilities of it are max. 720p@30fps. (source:gsmarena) although, the Google camera app (which I'm using bcuz the stock Sony app is waaay to slow) says that I can even take 1080p vids. Now the bad thing, the back cam. Compared to my old iPhone, this is the main disadvantage. Colors are looking unnatural even in normal light. Low light performance is practically not here. It is able (like the front cam) to make 1080p vids at 30fps. It's ok, but I would have been happier if it could make slo-mo or even 60fps vids, but that is not possible. And also the time to make a photo is too long. My IPhone made photos immediately and needed about 1 second for processing. This one makes both at once. With stock Sony camera app, it needs 5 seconds to make that, Google camera takes 2,5 Secs.
Performance: First of all, hard numbers. It comes to about 30000 points at antutu. My IPhone made it to 32000 points. So that's pretty poor for a phone which costed 279 euros. In day to day use, it is pretty usable. Often fluid, only sometimes a lag. But graphics is really bad. Simple games like clash royale work, but it already stops at subway surfers which is literally not playable.
Conclusion: so in the end, this is an good phones, which has the main disadvantages in ground things. There is many more to talk about, like waterproofing or battery life, but these things I'll just say here. So waterproofing works perfectly, I often hold it below the water tip to clean it and also used it underwater 1 or 2 times. The screen is good, very bright, the main disadvantag of it is the relatively low res. But I think the sd615 couldn't handle a higher res thar well. Best of it is battery life, it holds up much longer than that of the iPhones, it feels like 3 times longer. The bad things are the graphics performance, the chassis which could have used some better materials like glass or metal, the poor back camera and the bezels. The good things are the processor performance, the awesome looking, the front cam, waterproofing and battery life.
A really good phone but very very very poor internal memory (storage). Less then 2GB aviable and a lot of useless apps that can't be uninstalled. Shame to Sony !!! I really wait that promissed upgrade to Android 6 and hope to use external SD as internal memory.
Sometimes problems with temperature... it becomes hot but i really d'ont understand why, sometimes doing nothing...
storage is the only downfall,hope marshmallow update fixes it(using internal memory card) other then that excellent phone:)better then c4
I started using this phone since 15 February. Plese read my review carefully.So far my experience is like this...
1)Battery :Normal use with music playing and no Internet can make the battery last up to 2 days. But with browsing and gaming it last only 8 to 10 hours. Example-30 minute of game play like relic run 2 çan drain 9 percent of battery.(tested)
2)Camera :In light condition excellent but in dark it is not up to the mark.
3)Display :Sony product. So no need to tell.
4) Water proofing: Yes it works excellent. I used it in rain for more than 30 min and still no problem.
5) Performance: Underperformed. Because 1.5 gb processor with 2 gb ram should work really fast. But it does not. Some times it becames laggy even thouh i have still 700 mb ram unused.
6)Design:way batter than others.
7) Music playing: Excellent quality in ear phone. Wait it has a major problem in audio playing. In every 5to 6 min the sound will ďrop for a second (like beep).
8)Audio: Loud ringtone. But while playing audio or video on speaker sound is low. Typical Sony problem. ( i faced same problem in xperi go,play)
9)call quality: 10 on 10
So make your choice. Its my first review. Do dont make any harsh comment. And i am a die hard sony fan and belive me i never use any phone except sony previously sony Ericsson.
Simon Selih, 12 Apr 2016It's waterproof ip68 (1,5 meter of water for 30 minutes) and I had it in the pool for around ... moreI used it in ocean depth of 3 meters and for more than one hour, still works fine..
Otherwise good phone but 8gb model aint really worth it - 1.2 gb free. I hope that it gets Marshmallow update which should be as lightweight as they can make it because current situation is redicolous.
Normal Performance, Front 5MP Camera Really Professional and Clear When Taking photo Under Sun/Brighter Surrounding. Problemless Software. Guarantee!
I'm wondering if i can replace 13mp camera to 21mp if i get one from high xperia phone but I'm not sure if it works? I need opinion
16gbM4aquauser, 18 Mar 2016If you get the 16gb and know how to disable unwanted apps I guarantee this device is excellent... moreI am using 16gb m4 aqua. I am facing restarting issue 5 times i given to service center. But the issue not yet fixed. Worst sony products and the customer service center too
I bought the phone couple of weeks ago, and I have a serious problem, does anyone know M4 aqua dual (E2312) phone is 4g supported, cause in" seetings->preferred network Type-> it doesn't show "LTE",does this mean the phone is not 4g supported
al, 11 Apr 2016its not waterproof, its water resistant...It's waterproof ip68 (1,5 meter of water for 30 minutes) and I had it in the pool for around 40 minutes and still works perfectly fine
that is awesome phone... memory problem will fix with android 6.1 waterproof is superb in caples..
but it didnt work OTG..... can it fix with android 6.1 update ?????
dogaone, 10 Apr 2016Are you serious?)its not waterproof, its water resistant...