Sense, 08 Oct 2017Worst Mobile everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Not water proof at all. If you check deep in the specs you w... moreyes bro, i try to put that phone in the water on my bathroom and the phone is totally off . but I just bought it one day before. And then the service center is take very long time .
Boab, 09 Nov 2017Hugely disappointing mobile phone. I bought this as my first "get away from Apple" phone and a... moreI'm also experiencing the same problem, in fact I've already sold the phone and the price is down drastically, I'm regret to buy sony products.
Hugely disappointing mobile phone. I bought this as my first "get away from Apple" phone and although on paper it has very good specs, in reality it is a very slow performance, buggy and frustrating piece of technology. The storage gets almost instantly used by the forever updating software, the battery heats up to some questionable temperatures and after about 3 months the motherboard basically just gives up and function becomes like pulling teeth. My advice would be to just buy a good camera and a basic smartphone.
o love this brand but this m5 has disappointed me big time.the phone started going off since its was a few weeks old and must be taken back to the supplier to restart where i end up loosing all my data.
how do i solve this issue once and for all?
i have using this phone about 2 months this phone have lot of issues
one issue u can solve it battery drain fast u can use battery optimising for all apps it can solve
Worst phone from Sony. Lot of problems. After one year the motherboard gets failure. Including my phone I saw 3 mobile with same motherboard failure. In service centre itself they states the mobile is failure model Bcoz of motherboard. So Plz don't waste Ur money.
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2017Agreed 👍 iam also suffering from theses same issues
Raj, 25 Sep 2017U have any Charging problem Yeah I have very fast draining prblm
Worst Mobile everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Not water proof at all. If you check deep in the specs you will find that its only used in normal water (No pool or sea so probably in your shower :-)) and even though the water still enters in it and Sony will not help at all. Finally this mobile is really baaaaaaaaad
I concur with many of the negative comments especially.
Battery draining/overheating/ causing phone to crash and only allowing reboot if plugged in to an external charger!
LTE... Phone crashes if LTE is used therefore can only use 3G!
No support from supplier except to factory reset.
Will never consider Sony again..now using Chinese phones without these unadmitted (by Sony) and apparently unsolvable issues!
AnonD-55188, 20 May 2016Mine too 2.0 . At starting i have also heating issues and slow charging issue . I have repaire... morei got battery fast drain issue and slow charging issue too :) How to find sony via xperia companion
Rupak, 28 Mar 2017I don't know why so many people have issues with this phone. I am using this phone since last ... moreHow to fix the camera issue the one you mention in your comment :) would like to know
The M5 is a TERRIBLE phone, please don't bother considering to buy this garbage.
1. It's NOT waterproof. I use it in SHALLOW water for 5 minutes and bubbles started to come in, pretty soon the touchscreen was unresponsive even after I dried it up. Had to replace the whole screen for almost 150 usd.
2. Battery life is very very very terrible. Stamina mode? Don't even bother.
3. Rear camera takes ages to focus on objects less than 10cm away. Even if it does focus, after pressing the camera button it can refocus and outcome is a useless out-of-focus image.
4. Front camera, although 21 MP, has a built-in filter that makes faces look unnaturally glowing in every shot.
5. This phone cannot even record or play Voice Notes in Whatsapp properly. Even after a factory reset.
6. Auto-shutdown issues (seriously this phone has got problems)
7. My front and rear cameras STOPPED working permanently without me even dropping it or anything. It's a software problem which even a factory reset cannot fix.
8. The bluetooth connection is terrible.
9. Sometimes the display hangs and restarting doesn't solve the problem, only after connecting it to a charger will the phone work (EVEN THOUGH THE BATTERY IS ALMOST FULL)
10. DUAL? Yeah right. If I put it two SIMs, both networks will fail to get signals. I HAVE TO REMOVE THE SECOND OR FIRST SIM IN ORDER TO GET A WORKING NETWORK SIGNAL.
I have always been a loyal user of Sony since its Sony Ericsson days, but after using the M5 I have no trust in Sony anymore. Sony is seriously falling behind in the modern phone race. It tries to market itself as the best in phone cameras but seriously speaking, it's all just history now.
Not only the battery which auto shuts down at 3 mos. but also the board. It didnt reached a year and cannot be used anymore.
Auto shutdown is due to faulty battery so replace it with a new one,ive fixed my own by replacing it works for me hope it'll work for you all as well..