Isn't changing the network to GSM just a cosmetic solution? What if I have an LTE line/subscription? It will prove to be useless on my end...paying premium for the LTE connection and can't even experience it on this phone. There should be a real solution, not just a "hang-on there" temporary cover-up.
In the Philippines, there are already stores pulling out the Sony M5 and M5 Dual from their stocks. They have stopped selling these due to the shutdown problems.
Im an M5 user too, for more than a week of using it, still ok. no any shutdown happened since acquired. I only noticed that even I choose the manual selection of network, it will still choose the other network with better signal after few minutes. Also, it lacks of settings to customize keyboard, icons, color and sizes of icon names. Sorry to say that my Asus zenfone 5 has a lot more. Only that M5 has a better camera on day light pictures. night pictures have too much red color even on manual mode. it could be that my cam settings is not correct.
maks, 18 Oct 2015I'm planning to buy m5...are all the comments re:the frequent shutdown,true?Please dont buy it trust me. I just bought it on 16th Oct, last Friday.
And it had auto shut down for EVERYDAY.
17th Oct twice
18th Oct twice
19th Oct once
20th Oct once
21st Oct once
22nd today TWICE !!!
I m requesting to change or refund.
The simplest way to end the shutting down issue is to tweak your m5. Ill be helping you guys. OK. The one who said that the signal is the problem is correct the bug is in the network connection. Everytime M5's signal drops it will certainly shut down by itself. Our M5's default network connection is Lte/wcdma for short it's in 4g network. This is the tweak you need to do. The solution to SHUTTING DOWN issue is to change the network settings to the least. Change it to GSM ONLY
first go to settings then
Go to more
Then Mobile network
From mobile network go to preferred network
Then choose GSM ONLY.
PROBLEM OF RANDOM SHUT DOWN SOLVED
All we have to do now is to wait for the marshmallow to fix bug issues on M5
gyus i have a Micromax mobile it also shut randomly do i make the phone's battery to 0% after that I charged it for 1 day continuously and my problem solved you can try this if it get successful then please tell because I also want to buy M5 dual.
Mangkuk, 21 Oct 2015Shian was Philippines and he got shutdown issue problem too in Philippines. Don't buy m5 at th... moreIt sadden me to fact that I really love the concept of this phone and im on the verge of getting one. Hoping that Sony will address this concern so they can produce the better Sony m5.
ash, 21 Oct 2015M5 dual sim user, for who facing same problem on auto shutdown randomly & canÂ’t turn on u... moreThanks for the info. But it sounds inconvenient though. Hope it works to whoever experience the auto shutdown.
M5 dual sim user, for who facing same problem on auto shutdown randomly & canÂ’t turn on unless plug in charger, I think I have found the problem. Sony should have hear this too & get this problem solve.
OK guys, I have been using this phone for about a month, auto shutdown occur for about 2-3 weeks. I have been trying a few steps as below to test out the phone:-
1) Use phone in safe mode for few days (it still shut down randomly)
2) Uninstall all installed apps (it still shut down randomly)
3) Swapping simcard to slot 1 or 2 then from 2 back to 1 (it still shut down randomly)
4) Update system software in SonyÂ’s outlet (it still shut down randomly)
Guys, it donÂ’t really shut down randomly by itself. I notice it only shut down by itself when the phone canÂ’t detect network coverage or network reception dropped to 0!! I found this every single time when IÂ’m in elevator or walking down to basement to get my car.
Here are two ways that, what I have been done in these 3 days:-
1) Turn phone to airplane mode before you know you will not having network coverage (e.g. going into elevator or walking down to basement). Then turn it on again when you are confident with you network coverage. (it doesnÂ’t shutdown!!); or
2) Plug in you power bank & keep it charge until your location is static/fixed, then check network coverage, if its good then detach power bank from phone then use it as normal (plug in power bank again whenever you on the move). If coverage is bad, not recommend to unplug your power bank, else it will shut down. Guys, this thing will not shutdown when it is charging.
3) As u guys notice charger is the only way to turn it on again. Please make sure you having your charger & power bank from time to time.
Guys, I know the way IÂ’m doing this is sound stupid. But rather than sending it to service center for 2 months & done nothing or no solution (while phone staying in service center, it will not extend your warranty.), I will still using this phone until they have found the way to solve this.
Good luck guys!!
AnonD-456605, 21 Oct 2015thank you for your reply. what app do you use for camera? today I sent it to Sony service c... moreThere's a lot 3rd party software like camera MX, zoom camera fx can be trying. But right now i need information about photo status. What the problem,software or hardware. I trying to call Sony service center but nobody want to answer the call.
sonylover, 21 Oct 2015Anyone here from the philippines who bought Sony m5 at Sony Centre? Are you guys experienced t... moreShian was Philippines and he got shutdown issue problem too in Philippines. Don't buy m5 at this moment. Just wait and see !
Anyone here from the philippines who bought Sony m5 at Sony Centre? Are you guys experienced the auto shut down dillema? thanks
Mangkuk, 21 Oct 2015Yes u should sent to Sony service center. My major issue is random shutdown only. Camera savin... morethank you for your reply.
what app do you use for camera?
today I sent it to Sony service center, they said they'll check it and if no problem detected from their side the're not gonna do anything. I'm not sure if they get the crashes that I got.
so hopefully will be fixed coz it's just absolutely disappointing to pay for a device that doesnt work properly
AnonD-456605, 21 Oct 2015I'm going to give my phone to Sony service today, here is all my problems with the phone liste... moreYes u should sent to Sony service center. My major issue is random shutdown only. Camera saving a bit lag but I can accept it and can use other camera software to replaced Sony software if needed. Sound superb with clear audio enable with or without earphone. Overheat during heavy usage is normal. But I'm also dunno how long I can get my phone back. Now I'm counting days.
I'm going to give my phone to Sony service today, here is all my problems with the phone listed below, let me know which one you got in common!
2. Notification Center lags to open
3. Unlock lags (sometimes never gets unlocked)
4. Deleting 1 SMS takes 30 seconds
5. Hangs when switching between apps
6. Scrolling stuck sometimes
7. Unresponsive touch sometimes
8. Constantly changing profile information
9. Cannot pick up calls
10. RAM gets full quickly
11. 4k playback is faulty
12. Signal is always low
13. Lock/Unlock sounds is not there most of times
14. Doesnt ring sometimes
15. When phone is out of air-conditioning environment simply doesnt work
16. Camera rolling screen bug
17. Camera takes ages to be opened sometimes
18. Camera doesnt capture sometimes
19. Long time to save an image
20. Constant recording errors
21. No improvements after the update
Ash, 20 Oct 2015Which phone is better.. M5 or Z3..? Please suggest me.. M really confused..!of course z3