The simplest way to end the shutting down issue is to tweak your m5. Ill be helping you guys. OK. The one who said that the signal is the problem is correct the bug is in the network connection. Everytime M5's signal drops it will certainly shut down by itself. Our M5's default network connection is Lte/wcdma for short it's in 4g network. This is the tweak you need to do. The solution to SHUTTING DOWN issue is to change the network settings to the least. Change it to GSM ONLY
first go to settings then
Go to more
Then Mobile network
From mobile network go to preferred network
Then choose GSM ONLY.
PROBLEM OF RANDOM SHUT DOWN SOLVED
All we have to do now is to wait for the marshmallow to fix bug issues on M5
gyus i have a Micromax mobile it also shut randomly do i make the phone's battery to 0% after that I charged it for 1 day continuously and my problem solved you can try this if it get successful then please tell because I also want to buy M5 dual.
Mangkuk, 21 Oct 2015Shian was Philippines and he got shutdown issue problem too in Philippines. Don't buy m5 at th... moreIt sadden me to fact that I really love the concept of this phone and im on the verge of getting one. Hoping that Sony will address this concern so they can produce the better Sony m5.
ash, 21 Oct 2015M5 dual sim user, for who facing same problem on auto shutdown randomly & can’t turn on un... moreThanks for the info. But it sounds inconvenient though. Hope it works to whoever experience the auto shutdown.
M5 dual sim user, for who facing same problem on auto shutdown randomly & can’t turn on unless plug in charger, I think I have found the problem. Sony should have hear this too & get this problem solve.
OK guys, I have been using this phone for about a month, auto shutdown occur for about 2-3 weeks. I have been trying a few steps as below to test out the phone:-
1) Use phone in safe mode for few days (it still shut down randomly)
2) Uninstall all installed apps (it still shut down randomly)
3) Swapping simcard to slot 1 or 2 then from 2 back to 1 (it still shut down randomly)
4) Update system software in Sony’s outlet (it still shut down randomly)
Guys, it don’t really shut down randomly by itself. I notice it only shut down by itself when the phone can’t detect network coverage or network reception dropped to 0!! I found this every single time when I’m in elevator or walking down to basement to get my car.
Here are two ways that, what I have been done in these 3 days:-
1) Turn phone to airplane mode before you know you will not having network coverage (e.g. going into elevator or walking down to basement). Then turn it on again when you are confident with you network coverage. (it doesn’t shutdown!!); or
2) Plug in you power bank & keep it charge until your location is static/fixed, then check network coverage, if its good then detach power bank from phone then use it as normal (plug in power bank again whenever you on the move). If coverage is bad, not recommend to unplug your power bank, else it will shut down. Guys, this thing will not shutdown when it is charging.
3) As u guys notice charger is the only way to turn it on again. Please make sure you having your charger & power bank from time to time.
Guys, I know the way I’m doing this is sound stupid. But rather than sending it to service center for 2 months & done nothing or no solution (while phone staying in service center, it will not extend your warranty.), I will still using this phone until they have found the way to solve this.
Good luck guys!!
AnonD-456605, 21 Oct 2015thank you for your reply. what app do you use for camera? today I sent it to Sony service c... moreThere's a lot 3rd party software like camera MX, zoom camera fx can be trying. But right now i need information about photo status. What the problem,software or hardware. I trying to call Sony service center but nobody want to answer the call.
sonylover, 21 Oct 2015Anyone here from the philippines who bought Sony m5 at Sony Centre? Are you guys experienced t... moreShian was Philippines and he got shutdown issue problem too in Philippines. Don't buy m5 at this moment. Just wait and see !
Anyone here from the philippines who bought Sony m5 at Sony Centre? Are you guys experienced the auto shut down dillema? thanks
Mangkuk, 21 Oct 2015Yes u should sent to Sony service center. My major issue is random shutdown only. Camera savin... morethank you for your reply.
what app do you use for camera?
today I sent it to Sony service center, they said they'll check it and if no problem detected from their side the're not gonna do anything. I'm not sure if they get the crashes that I got.
so hopefully will be fixed coz it's just absolutely disappointing to pay for a device that doesnt work properly
AnonD-456605, 21 Oct 2015I'm going to give my phone to Sony service today, here is all my problems with the phone liste... moreYes u should sent to Sony service center. My major issue is random shutdown only. Camera saving a bit lag but I can accept it and can use other camera software to replaced Sony software if needed. Sound superb with clear audio enable with or without earphone. Overheat during heavy usage is normal. But I'm also dunno how long I can get my phone back. Now I'm counting days.
I'm going to give my phone to Sony service today, here is all my problems with the phone listed below, let me know which one you got in common!
2. Notification Center lags to open
3. Unlock lags (sometimes never gets unlocked)
4. Deleting 1 SMS takes 30 seconds
5. Hangs when switching between apps
6. Scrolling stuck sometimes
7. Unresponsive touch sometimes
8. Constantly changing profile information
9. Cannot pick up calls
10. RAM gets full quickly
11. 4k playback is faulty
12. Signal is always low
13. Lock/Unlock sounds is not there most of times
14. Doesnt ring sometimes
15. When phone is out of air-conditioning environment simply doesnt work
16. Camera rolling screen bug
17. Camera takes ages to be opened sometimes
18. Camera doesnt capture sometimes
19. Long time to save an image
20. Constant recording errors
21. No improvements after the update
Ash, 20 Oct 2015Which phone is better.. M5 or Z3..? Please suggest me.. M really confused..!of course z3
Which phone is better.. M5 or Z3..? Please suggest me.. M really confused..!
anon, 20 Oct 2015what color is your phone?White version
lol, I used M5 a few weeks, it's niceeeee smartphone!!!! the problem is my fault :)
but I faced two problem due to photos too much saved in internal storage and 4k video playback can't clearly.
haha, I trade in note 2 and galaxy tab 10.1, the salesman helped me transfer almost 6000 photos to M5 internal storage. all phone settings fine, but when clicked into album, it hang, because too much photos need to loading, sure it will hang. the salesman always reminded me to delete unnecessary photos, because internal storage had a bit space.
first time I charge phone, m5 hang due to a bit space of internal storage. it's can't open and green light charge is on even unplugged charger.
the salesman helped me to open my m5 a few seconds, after I came back house, I connected m5 to pc fastly. Wow, my pc open those photos files also hang, PC hang so M5 will hang a bit too , haha. m5 never hang after deleted all photos
a few days ago, I recorded video by using 4k video apps, the video not clearly, but after the salesman helped me reset and backup phone, 4k video is clearly. he said I misdeleted some related software. haha. If after reset still had problem, it meant is m5 problem.
but now m5 is ok!!!!! :)