just bought xperia p :)
This is better than my xperia ray. So excited to use and now the battery of it drained. Cant wait it to fully charge haha.
can anyone tell that is there a screen guard on Xperia p by default r not.??
alarms are not working when my XPERIA P is turned off.
what is the issue?
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Help me....
hello guys which is better in screen colors and display sharpness xp or LG x4 hd pls help me I. bought xp for 2 months now but am trying to buy another brand is LG x 4 is better than this or what Xperia p has a white magic and LG has ips screen and 332 ppi and alot of features am confused pls any body know any information help me pls
irfan@94, 15 Feb 2013Q/ I have planned to buy SONY smart phone. , xperia P and xperia SL. Which is the best one, pl... moreIrfan,
You are kidding us right?
Xperia SL is newer, better speced, and more expensive then Xperia P so it is better choice, if you can afford it.
Plz help me guys i want some opinions. Sony xperia p or s3 mini? What do you suggest?
actually i have this phone and it's pretty awesome.Also battery is better than i imagined.I can easily pass almost 2 days without problem (without wi-fi).I want to mention that black is awesome but as someone mentioned it hasn't that clear metallic looking and scratches may destroy the appearance,but we can solve that with a case :)
Pranshu kumar, 15 Feb 2013Is xperia p band change colour like xperia u...?Have you ever tried to read a single Xperia P review?
If you try to do that effort, you will find the answer without posting same meaningless questions on forum.
P.S. It's white only.
Q/ I have planned to buy SONY smart phone. , xperia P and xperia SL. Which is the best one, please suggest me?
Only reason y dis stunning xperia phones fails is regarding the SAR value(radiation)... 2-3times the samsung peers... Samsung phones are Healthier..!
Xavi3R, 15 Feb 2013First of all I am truly grateful for posting such elaborate and helpful comments.
Truth is I ... moreQ/ Has anyone got the black p and is it as sleek looking as silver?
A: I don't wanna be rude to Black owners but this is what I have seen (based on my hands on comparison with a friend's Xperia P). The Black one lacks the shine. It doesn't have the metal look. And most important factor is that the black one is paint over aluminium body. So, any scratches will remove the black colour (not too easily....but still) and a different colour will come out (ruining the look). In case of silver.... The insides are the same colour. So even heavy scratch won't spoil the looks.
Q/ Is it good to use the boosted charger included for the battery
rather than normal charges or does it have impact on the battery
A: Its absolutely safe. It doesn't effect battery life span. And it's also a fact that frequent charging isnt harmful at all.
Q/ Do I need protectors for the screen or are these included as in
A: The box includes an extra screen protector which you can apply yourself. But the best thing is that the phone already has a guard pasted beforehand (am not talking about the easily removable guard that new phones has on the screen).
First of all I am truly grateful for posting such elaborate and helpful comments.
Truth is I really enjoyed the customizable tiles and the looks on lumia but doesnt seem to have anything to do in the price/performance factor which us mid range buyers can afford. My only fear was to not give like 250 euros/dollars on a device that is slugish but as i understood seems like project butter will eliminate this.
So a couple of more questions on p
Has anyone got the black p and is it as sleek looking as silver?
Is it good to use the boosted charger included for the battery rather than normal charges or does it have impact on the battery life throughout?
Do I need protectors for the screen or are these included as in xperia u?
Since there seem to be so many experienced ppl I appreciate your every opinion and Thank you again for helping me make a first smooth transition from an old phone to the smartphone world
Xavi3r, 15 Feb 2013I'm on the verge of purchasing a smartphone After a lot of search I thought this was the one ... moreYes n800 is one of the best for nokia. It beats most ultra expensive phones nokia have, perfect size, thin,light, and good camera. The difference for 800 and xp is the os. It all goes down to you which one would you choose, i haven't use 800 long enough to give you detailed hands on review, but with my short time experience it seems everything went good. I use xp, i like it so much, screen of xp is comparable to iPhone, smooth running, good camera, hdr, JB coming in 3-4weeks. Flaws is on the battery for heavy gamers and internet addicts. Aside from those Xperia p is the best, the white magic gives this phone the advantage over any other device.
Xavi3r, 15 Feb 2013I'm on the verge of purchasing a smartphone
After a lot of search I thought this was the one ... moreI am your man.....:D
Ok.... here you go....
First of all you need to prioritize your needs. Why do one need a smartphone. Is it because it's just a thing to show off? Nah.... It's because this gadget allows you to do things that usually a PC or Lappy is capable of but in a much much easily accessible form factor. There are categories (price ranges, that is), Operating systems and hardware that differentiate one phone from another. Since it's not usually possible to just buy the best one out in the market (budget being the main concern here), one usually try to choose the best at a particular price segment. In your case you are trying to choose between Xperia P and a Lumia 800. I have used both and frankly the Xperia P wins by a huge margin. Why? See below....
1. Hardware: Its pretty obvious that the P wins in hardware as it has far better processor and gpu (two main things that directly influence the performance of a phone). But hardware is nothing unless it's backed up by a good OS, right?
2. Operating System: When it comes to Android vs Windows, there are many factors that make one the better choice (Android.....duh!!!) Why? Because it's the flexibility and the ability to use the phone is more ways than the other OS (windows). Number one point is the application availability. Well yes, I know that one good app is better than a thousand useless ones and it's also a fact that android market has 90% worthless apps, but thats a good thing isnt it? Instead of relying on a couple of developers to make good apps, at least one can switch to some other app (which turned out to be far better than the former) in case one doesn't like a certain app. This is called the 'Choice factor'. And this is what is absent on windows. Yeah.... one day windows too will have lots of 'choices' but today isnt that day.
And the above factor brings forth the 'Media format support' factor. Do you think you can simply download a movie on torrent (what? You wanna sue me?...XD....) on windows phone and play it directly on the phone?.... Well.... good luck with that. Cause if you want to play anything, anywhere on your phone..... then it GOT to be an Android. Mp4, Mkv, Flv, Avi.... just name it.... And in Xperia P case... even those 1080p mkv movies too. What about Lumia 800? Lol.... You will have a hard time playing even some 720p mp4 files on it, forget 1080p (did I mention multi format?).
3. Screen on P is better in two ways. First it's resolution is higher and second it's based on real RGB pixels (well.... it's RGBW....but let's not complicate things here). Lumia is Pentile Matrix, that is, it got very bad sharpness while displaying text. Google to know more. Guess what? There is a third point.... More than double the brightness than Lumia. Why? Because of that extra W after RGB (Damn it.... just read the gsmarena review already)....
4. Xperia P has better build quality (nothing beats metal). Plus that expensive look of P is just too good (I personally suggest the Silver variant). Lumia 800 is quiet heavy too.
5. Android can be customized a Lot.... Plus it has a huge developer community known as XDA.
Although one point of windows is good.... that is.... it's UI is unique and very smooth. But guess what... JellyBean is coming to Xperia P. Google's 'Project Butter' has made Android the Smoothest OS ever. UI is locked at 60fps (V-Sync) so everything is just.... smooooooth.....
I think that should be enough. Any questions.... just ask.....