Shanky, 11 Jul 2012Guys how's the battery life of this one? I am looking forward amongst these two lumia 800 vs X... moreofcourse get sxs,,nokia is not smart phone,,is not using android,,some people call nokia is a little girl phone,,out of this market oreli,,,so far sxs no bad for battery..compare how u using,,i play games 5hrs n make some call,,still 23% remaining,,,if u wifi turn on full time ofcourse batt fast low,,,
WOW super battrey life i get after upgrading but cant find the print screen option in ICS can any one help
Shanky, 11 Jul 2012Guys how's the battery life of this one? I am looking forward amongst these two lumia 800 vs X... more On ICS (6.1.A.0.452) battery life is 1-2 days with normal use, while on latest .75/.76 GB it was 2-3 days with similar usage (fully charged battery).
A new ICS update is on the way (confirmed at PTCRB), which i hope fixes the battey drain along with minor ICS bugs!
Anyways i surely recommend SXS to u, which is far superior to Lumia 800 in all respects imo!
Cooldude, 11 Jul 2012Lol.. i wonder why people like u keep coming to SXS thread (without owning/using one) and sayi... moreof course the galaxy s3 is much better than the xperia s and the s3 explosion story was just a lie,you can read about that in last weak news,any way i don't need to change my phone now i am using the xperia pro and i am very satisfied with it,i am visiting xperia s forum to help people to decide which is the best phone to buy,because i've used the xperia s and i compared its camera performance to galaxy s2 and the iphone 4s ,and i discovered that 12mp camera means nothing ,when u watch the photo that captured with xperia s on the phone it will look good but if u zoom or watch it on larger screen it will look very bad,unlike the s2 and 4s both give nice results in both situations ,also if u zoom before u capture the s2 and 4s will give better result.
i am not a fan boy for any company i use the phone that fits my needs regardless the manufacturer .
but i hate lies and hate cheating on people.
Guys how's the battery life of this one? I am looking forward amongst these two lumia 800 vs Xperia S. I am a normall user with once in a while gaming and average 20 minutes of call daily. Thanks
I had been using this fonE!
Lot of bugging while using 2.3.7 but ICS is changed everything, battery, display...
Totally I love this fonE!!
Update... It surly luv it.
I have been using Xperia S for 3 months. I have previously used Xperia X10i and Iphone 4s, and here's what I can say about the phone:
- display quality is superb. games, movies, and pics look amazing. bravia engine definitely improves contrast and image clarity (specially if you're playing video clips that are not HD, that's when the bravia engine helps.
- user interface is smooth, and has very good response time with rare and little lag.
- call quality is crystal clear. phone holds well in areas where my other phones may experience weaker/no signal. great improvement in telephony from prior Xperia interface (they finally placed speed dial options!)
- still image quality is top notch in natural and well lighted scenarios. camera loses its prowess in lower light.
- video quality is a great improvement from X10 even in low light conditions
- Speaker volume is okay but not impressive. though the quality of the sound that comes out is great.
- the phone performs very well given its s3 chipset. every bit of performance has been squeezed out by sony from the over-a-year-old chipset
- provides multiple connectivity channels which can be used in certain situations (wifi, bluetooth, DLNA, USB,NFC, HDMI)
cons/areas for improvement:
- weak bluetooth chip. I am using a MW600 and jabra BT 2080 at times. playing music on bluetooth while reading e-books (or creating/editing docs) is smooth. but watching video while connected to a bluetooth headset causes lags almost twice every minute. this also happens occasionally while playing games while connected to a bluetooth.
- battery life is not really bad but could have been better. with normal use (around 20-30 sms, 30 min to 1 hr of calls, 2 hours of music, some surfing and gaming) the phone can last a full day with around 20% left. standby time is great (i've used the SXS as a phone only- no games, videos, surfing, just call and text - and it lasted for 3 days and 2 hours). video playback is average, i tested the phone 3 times, with brightness set at 60%, and it lasts 5 hours and 10 min on the average (3 full movies or 7-8 episodes of burn notice)before the battery goes from 100% to 0%. Playing games and surfing takes the most toll on the battery.i hope future models would have better battery backup (higher mAH and/or better chipset for less heat)
the best phone i've used so far, but still with areas for improvement. (battery, bluetooth)
advice, 10 Jul 2012the issues of the xperia ion camera is the same issues in xperia s camera ,that is why some 8 ... moreLol.. i wonder why people like u keep coming to SXS thread (without owning/using one) and saying that the camera quality of SXS is bad n blah blah... if u don't find it good enough then go get your favorite crapple or samsung s3 (later reportedly explodes btw) and troll there!
I don't give a crap bout ur fav website comparisons, coz they are always biased, misleading, and lacking objectivity! SXS camera quality is one of the best till date fyi!
subhu, 11 Jul 2012is there vedio calling or not in the cell video call is verymuch available....
1) Has any one updated the OS to 4X and does skype video calling work on this mobile... I mean with the front camera.
2) How is the speed within the OS when it is loaded with app's.
sony xperia s is the best phone. totally satisfied with its performance. the screen is brilliant as i have always seen in the review, toally amazing.
the battery backup is satisfactory..giving me 10-11 hrs with using (brwser+music+camera).
And the best part is camera which is excellent. image quality totally perfect. dont go what other people say abt it as they aree just jealous or may be using faulty handset.
xperia S is worth it
Surya Shekhar, 10 Jul 2012Xperia S, Wifi-direct working properly with Android 4 ?There is no feature called WIFI DIRECT in Sony Xperia S.
I bought Sony Xperia S LT26i mobile Three months back. In mobile specification they mentioned me that wifi direct option is present with the mobile. From the next os update to ICS I can use it. But still there is no option to use to use Wifi Direct. When i contacted Sony call center they told you have that feature but you cant use it. Silly answer. Sony is unfaithful to its consumers. When i asked in Sony showroom they told me that It might be available from next updated named Jelly Bean.
FRIENDS PLEASE DONT BUY THIS MOBILE
SONY IS CHEATING
IF YOU DOUBT ME
PLS CHECK FOLLWOING YOU TUBE LINK
Wifi Direct doesn't support only fast data transfer it also support print on the go. For this check following youtube link
Go to Sony Show room ask them to show the Demo of WIFI DIRECT.
They will tell like it used stream files to tv.
Then whats the use of DLNA
Any wifi enabled smart phone can stream video with wifi direct tv. For this wifi direct is not compulsory with mobile. Even in the below video you can find the option wifi direct in tv menu. But there is no such option like that in mobile.
Do you think we can change / upgrade the battery model to better size from the normal size (1750) on sony center? :D
ijus wanted to ask whether the ICS update is availabe in INDIA??????????
da latest update which i received is