After upgrading to ICS i feel my phone is slower to before in launching apps.
But phone booting is faster. Before it was taking 29.3 sec. Now just 19.8 sec. Test with Boot Benchmark.
More options with screen lock. Nice.
More options with font size.
Still Wifi Direct is missing.
Any one can tell me about how to use wifi direct i tried lot. Still i couldn't
Today I updated my fone to ics. Its just awesome. But I feel that the socialnetworks like facebook,twitter, and other apps the scrolling speed is slower then before update. Is it just me or anybody else experiencing the same. And I feel that the battery backup is lesser then the.75 firmware update. Need help thanks in advance
does this phone support 3g video calling ? or video calling without 3rd party software
any idea that will sony upgrade xperia S to android 4.1 jelly bean?
Hi. I have tried two different versions of ICS update on my SXS, one was Swiss version and the other one is given for my SI number. I completely agree that ICS has changed SXS almost in every aspect, most of them are positive but few are worst. altogether I'm not happy with ICS. here are the negative things.
1. Screenshot function is missing.
2. eats up battery.
3. eats up RAM like hell. in fact this the most negative part. On GB, i have never seen available RAM going down less than 260 MB. but on ICS, it goes below 150 MB even on standby mode, I dont know what all unwanted applications run in the back ground but it is a serious problem. and this leads to battery drain.
4. Mobile signal and wi-fi signal reception have become poor. I have wi-fi in my home and GB used to get very poor signal in my bed room, but i was still able to browse on my phone without any hick up. unfortunately, ICS does not get that least wi-fi signal in my bed room. and it is the same with mobile network signal.
5. Home screen does not show icons immediately after exiting any application, there is a lag. (This lag was not there in Swiss version)
Though the ICS has got lot of amazing features, unfortunately I have to go back to GB because of the signal reception.
Hmmm..... I have updated my SXS with ICS on the day one when the swiss version was released, I found hell lot of bugs and yesterday I updated with the version given for my SI numbers, both the updates left me with a great disappointment but nothing better than that. I never expected that Sony will simply through some shit like this. here are the problems with ICS for SXS
1. Screenshot function is missing.
2. home screen does not show icons immediately after exiting any application.
3. The major problem... It eats up RAM like hell.
On GB i have never seen available RAM less than 280MB.
But on ICS it pulls available RAM down to 120 MB. Gosh!!! I installed RAM booster and shocked to see hell lot of unwanted background processes running even if you dont use the phone for some time.
Few things have been better like walkman, album, movies... but unfortunately... phone's performance has been completely screwed up.
I'm just going back to GB. the better one.
yoyo, 28 Jun 2012After upgrade to android 4.0.4,I don't know how to take screenshot~~~who can help me???please~~~
power button and volume down button simultaneously !!!!
I knew that SXS able to upgrade when I connect my phone to my computer. I just need 10 minutes to upgrade. My SXS looks awesome after upgrading. Great performance and interface. I like when I open Movies. All information will shown up. Walkman player is also cool. Love the visualization when playing music.
yoyo, 28 Jun 2012After upgrade to android 4.0.4,I don't know how to take screenshot~~~who can help me???please~~~ Press and hold the Power button and volume down button.
hi,, I updated my xperia s ystrday to ics n tell u wht its absolutely brilliant,, using sony update service,,, is there any diffrnc btwn updating thru pc companion or sus or r its same,, it was 369mb thru sony update service ,,but wht abt pc companion..plz help
Hey which phone should i buy - htc one s or sony xperia s ?? M confused!!
After upgrade to android 4.0.4,I don't know how to take screenshot~~~who can help me???please~~~
At last I updated my SXS last night after struggling for few days after I saw my SI number released since June 22. The new album is awesome but there are types of photos that you can't zoom by tapping twice. Quickpic app still the best for me. There's little lag when exiting from some applications back to main screen as icons on the launch pad does not show immediately. It seems my Xperia Arc looks smoother. However, I am still playing with my SXS running ICS and sometimes after few days or after few reboots, then it's getting better in terms of speed and s
AnonD-60795, 27 Jun 2012I am planning to buy this phone in a few days from now, before that I wanted to know if this p... moreHey dude phone only supports only MP4 format,,but u can download 3rd party application like..MX player and other players from the market and they support all format..all means all..and the clarity u cn't imagine phone has a HD screen really awesome..i am enjyng it..i hope u will too..and after ICS update the battery back up has improved alot;)
Atsh, 26 Jun 2012I am trying to update my sony xperia S S/W from 6.0.A.73 to 6.1.A.0.452 via PC companion. An e... moreCHECK YOU SI nummber at sony mobile blog com if you si nummber is on the list if you dont find it theire download an other versio of update service theire are many diffrent versions you go to sony webbside theire you can find all the information you need hope that helps you abit
AnonD-1984, 27 Jun 2012Hey guyz just i'll be getting this phone coming weekend.
•Will it support other he... moreAnswers to all ur Q's:
1) It supports all headphones with a 3.5mm jack
2) Battery life depends totally on the apps you run. As i am a heavy user i need to charge my phone before and after work.
3) Stil have not seen a phone which can beat the xperia S solely on design. Cant comment onthe jeans part : p
4) This is no longer a SE phn. Its just Sony so expect much better reliability.
If I was you and have the cash I'd definately buy it.
Hope this helps : )