Raj Run, 15 Jun 2012my xperia s is not being updated i am using pc companion latest version still it is showing up... moreTake it to a nearby service center. It Wii be done within half an hour. Gud luck !!!
SONY Xperia S, 14 Jun 2012Just connect to computer, install latest version of pc companion and do the update and ENJOY!!... moremy xperia s is not being updated i am using pc companion latest version still it is showing update failed pls help me i have tried many times
super cell is very good I like very much..the screen is beautifull.
Tatti, 15 Jun 2012@papa. Yeah, using the Phone Companion was a bit of a pain. But after trying 3 or 4 times, we ... moreYep, hats why I used SUS :-) bytheway the update process using that method its called flashing mode. And it was so fast, it took about 45 mins from download to finish instalation.
@papa. Yeah, using the Phone Companion was a bit of a pain. But after trying 3 or 4 times, we had a look at the tutorial, you have to plug the phone exactly like they tell you. Very weird way though.
Im using SONY Xperia S nd Galaxy S2..So i can say that SONY Xperia S is better than Galaxy s2..The main difference is the display and camera..The Bravia engine is better and superior than the Super AMOLED Plus on Galaxy S2..
Suraj001, 14 Jun 2012Hey any body pls help me out to update the build version mine is 6.0.A.3.66 I wnt 6.0.A.3.75..... moreJust connect to computer, install latest version of pc companion and do the update and ENJOY!!!!!
OTA can't be done
Sent from my Xperia S........... LIKE A BOSS !!!!!!
Hey any body pls help me out to update the build version mine is 6.0.A.3.66 I wnt 6.0.A.3.75... plsss help me hw to update????
jacky, 12 Jun 2012Does it support divx,xvid or flvyes install qq player,rocket player,etc
I made a small calculation mistake in my earlier post. Apologies for the same.
At the current consumption rate, a fully charged battery would last me about 83 hours, under standard usage as demonstrated.
83 hours ain't anywhere close to 120 hours (which would be stellar!!), but is very good in itself.
I have been hearing a lot about the bad battery performance of this phone. I personally am used to hooking up my phones with a charger every 12 hours or so, hence never really had much issues. But given that I like pretty much everything else about this I thought I will run this phone through its paces and see how true or otherwise those 'low battery' rants are.
- I have been using this phone for just about 28 days now
Timestamp : 11-June-2012, 9:45pm
- Charged it to 100% using the charger and cable provided in the box
- Put display in auto-brightness mode
- Disabled the Bravia engine (switched it on again for watching movies, but later)
- Switched off Wi-Fi and data
- Set Network mode to WCDMA(preferred)/GSM
- I use Llama to manage my profiles: Vibrate only when at work between 9am-5pm and at home between 11pm-6am. Loud when outdoors. Normal at other times.
Usage till now:
- Phone calls - about 108 minutes by now. Missed calls 14.
- Texts - 76 texts exchanged
- Music - Listened to songs for about 18 mins
- Video - Watched 2 videos - Total duration 8 minutes 43 seconds (switched on Bravia engine during video)
- Radio - 4 minutes
- Wifi - Switched on for a total of 18 minutes. Checked mail. LinkedIn and Facebook updates.
- Mobile data - Switched on for a total of 85 minutes. WhatsApp, Mail, LinkedIn, PlayStore, Office mailbox sync, Gtalk, Google Maps navigation for 6 minutes, streaming music using 8tracks for 12 minutes.
- Games - Played Ninja Chicken for 10 minutes, Angry Birds space for 4 minutes, Temple Run for 6 minutes.
- Camera - 4 photos at night with flash. 11 photos during daytime. 1 video for total duration on 51 seconds.
- Changed theme 3 times in between and wallpaper 2 times
I still have 21% battery left.
Approximate battery usage
1.21% per hour
I will continue till 10% battery (because beyond that my battery management app will kill all processes and further enhance battery life) and further update the post. But at the current rate, a fully charged battery should last me nearabouts 120 hours with normal usage. I would say this is brilliant for a smartphone.
[deleted post]hey hw to update to build version 6.0.A.3.75 mine is 6.0.A.3.62,,,,help me out????????
SONY Xperia S, 13 Jun 2012dont worry at all..... mine also had same prob @ the beginning..... wen i took it to the serv... morehey bro hw to upadate to build version .75?????? pls help me out,,,,thanksss..:)
yes im having the same issue after switch back on the phone from sleep. do you use other launcher app?? exmple: (GO launcher ex) because it might be caused by the launcher app.
just updated to phone SW 6.0.a.3.75. i used SUS (sony ericsson update service) because i wasnt be able to update via PC-Companion. (had try for hundred times
*with SUS it took you 300mb of file size download.
NOW, i am curious whats the changes or major improvement for the update? is there any site were SONY's people could answer this? exactly.
Lucas Lun, 12 Jun 2012Anyone of here would recommend Sony Experia S?? If then,why?? Beginner of using smart Phone..its a great phone but i wld suggest wait for xperia acro s.. its better designed and will be around the same price.. i dont like the touch sensitive buttons on the phone,. they are difficult to hit a ttimes.. acro s wil not have that problem.. all the best !
LouisDR, 12 Jun 2012because the 12MP pictures with this camera, the quality is badddd, looks like 2MP or VGAOr maybe you don't know how to use it! Have a look at these pics taken using SXS camera at night:
Conclusion: SXS camera is awesome if u use correct settings!