hey guys i have put my phone SXS..on build version update as i got a notification on phone and i am updating it through sony pc companion version 2.1,,,,i have connected my phone frm 1 hr and pc companion showing (preparing...preparing) from 1 hr..???????? whts happening plzzzzzzzzz help????????????
xperia S ICS release date
which phone one is better? sony xperia s or xperia ion??? cause i wan to buy
Cooldude, 12 Jun 2012Or maybe u don't know how to use it! I have no complaints regarding SXS camera quality/focussi... moreI know how to use it. My first android was the x10, and the 2nd one was the Arc, so this is not my first Sony smartphone. On the Arc there was a setting called Auto-Scene that it did work, but on this phone it looks like is there for nothing(and im not the first one saying this- check this->>>> http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/216965#216965 ), it doesn't work how it's supposed to. the pictures quality on my Arc was great, i miss my arc rite because of the camera.
i wasn't able to access the link u posted, it said error 404. btw what are the correct settings? i tried to change the setting around, but no big difference. help with if u dont mind
Raj Run, 15 Jun 2012my xperia s is not being updated i am using pc companion latest version still it is showing up... moreTake it to a nearby service center. It Wii be done within half an hour. Gud luck !!!
SONY Xperia S, 14 Jun 2012Just connect to computer, install latest version of pc companion and do the update and ENJOY!!... moremy xperia s is not being updated i am using pc companion latest version still it is showing update failed pls help me i have tried many times
super cell is very good I like very much..the screen is beautifull.
Tatti, 15 Jun 2012@papa. Yeah, using the Phone Companion was a bit of a pain. But after trying 3 or 4 times, we ... moreYep, hats why I used SUS :-) bytheway the update process using that method its called flashing mode. And it was so fast, it took about 45 mins from download to finish instalation.
@papa. Yeah, using the Phone Companion was a bit of a pain. But after trying 3 or 4 times, we had a look at the tutorial, you have to plug the phone exactly like they tell you. Very weird way though.
Im using SONY Xperia S nd Galaxy S2..So i can say that SONY Xperia S is better than Galaxy s2..The main difference is the display and camera..The Bravia engine is better and superior than the Super AMOLED Plus on Galaxy S2..
Suraj001, 14 Jun 2012Hey any body pls help me out to update the build version mine is 6.0.A.3.66 I wnt 6.0.A.3.75..... moreJust connect to computer, install latest version of pc companion and do the update and ENJOY!!!!!
OTA can't be done
Sent from my Xperia S........... LIKE A BOSS !!!!!!
Hey any body pls help me out to update the build version mine is 6.0.A.3.66 I wnt 6.0.A.3.75... plsss help me hw to update????
jacky, 12 Jun 2012Does it support divx,xvid or flvyes install qq player,rocket player,etc
I made a small calculation mistake in my earlier post. Apologies for the same.
At the current consumption rate, a fully charged battery would last me about 83 hours, under standard usage as demonstrated.
83 hours ain't anywhere close to 120 hours (which would be stellar!!), but is very good in itself.
I have been hearing a lot about the bad battery performance of this phone. I personally am used to hooking up my phones with a charger every 12 hours or so, hence never really had much issues. But given that I like pretty much everything else about this I thought I will run this phone through its paces and see how true or otherwise those 'low battery' rants are.
- I have been using this phone for just about 28 days now
Timestamp : 11-June-2012, 9:45pm
- Charged it to 100% using the charger and cable provided in the box
- Put display in auto-brightness mode
- Disabled the Bravia engine (switched it on again for watching movies, but later)
- Switched off Wi-Fi and data
- Set Network mode to WCDMA(preferred)/GSM
- I use Llama to manage my profiles: Vibrate only when at work between 9am-5pm and at home between 11pm-6am. Loud when outdoors. Normal at other times.
Usage till now:
- Phone calls - about 108 minutes by now. Missed calls 14.
- Texts - 76 texts exchanged
- Music - Listened to songs for about 18 mins
- Video - Watched 2 videos - Total duration 8 minutes 43 seconds (switched on Bravia engine during video)
- Radio - 4 minutes
- Wifi - Switched on for a total of 18 minutes. Checked mail. LinkedIn and Facebook updates.
- Mobile data - Switched on for a total of 85 minutes. WhatsApp, Mail, LinkedIn, PlayStore, Office mailbox sync, Gtalk, Google Maps navigation for 6 minutes, streaming music using 8tracks for 12 minutes.
- Games - Played Ninja Chicken for 10 minutes, Angry Birds space for 4 minutes, Temple Run for 6 minutes.
- Camera - 4 photos at night with flash. 11 photos during daytime. 1 video for total duration on 51 seconds.
- Changed theme 3 times in between and wallpaper 2 times
I still have 21% battery left.
Approximate battery usage
1.21% per hour
I will continue till 10% battery (because beyond that my battery management app will kill all processes and further enhance battery life) and further update the post. But at the current rate, a fully charged battery should last me nearabouts 120 hours with normal usage. I would say this is brilliant for a smartphone.
[deleted post]hey hw to update to build version 6.0.A.3.75 mine is 6.0.A.3.62,,,,help me out????????
SONY Xperia S, 13 Jun 2012dont worry at all..... mine also had same prob @ the beginning..... wen i took it to the serv... morehey bro hw to upadate to build version .75?????? pls help me out,,,,thanksss..:)